EDD Dec 2010

gumbokins

Green poo can be because of foremilk-hindmilk imbalance. If that is the case, then you just need to latch longer on one breast instead of switching so soon.

As for bb startling, I usually try and wait till he is totally K.O before moving him. If I
Move him before that he will start complaining and I hv to pick him up again. Sometimes we end up sleeping together

How to know if bb is totally K.O? Breathing is quite relaxed, hands not clenched, and the arm-drop test: when you pick up her arm and drop it, it will fall like a rock and no resistance from bb. Can go and read more about infant sleep cycles.

Jaschy

Hi bbloelim.. our babies share the same birthday! hehe.. where u delivered at ? i delivered at TMC via c-sec..

My girl now sort of refusing to suck directly from my breast anymore.. everytime try to latch her on i will have to "fight" with her until i gave up and end up giving her milk from bottle.... tinking of giving up direct latch on on.. maybe just pump out the milk every 3 hours..:err:

gumbokins

Hi bbloelim.. our babies share the same birthday! hehe.. where u delivered at ? i delivered at TMC via c-sec..

My girl now sort of refusing to suck directly from my breast anymore.. everytime try to latch her on i will have to "fight" with her until i gave up and end up giving her milk from bottle.... tinking of giving up direct latch on on.. maybe just pump out the milk every 3 hours..:err:
maybe you got forceful let down that is overwhelming your girl? Try changing holding positions, perhaps? Or could also be flow too slow..in which case you can try breast compressions. Expressing is very hard work and tedious leh...

doubleU

At first my bb reject my right breast.. Try to draft out a table of e time they feed.. Den estimate e time they are about to wake up for milk.. Den latch them before they start crying for milk.. When they are still sleepy they tend to accept it.. I try for 2 day n now he totally accept it le.. :) Was damn stressful when he cry while latching n felt so much to give up.. But when u r determine, nothing is impossible! Jia You!!

Jaschy

Thanks double U & gumbokins for ur advice :001_302:.. but i had actually stopped latching her for abt 2-3 wks le leh.. now still can latch her back ? will she still want to latch on ?

gumbokins

Hi dear, if you want to carry on bfing, then do try to latch her on. Be patient and persistent and be prepared for sore nipples. Keep calm and carry on!

joelv1016

Thanks double U & gumbokins for ur advice :001_302:.. but i had actually stopped latching her for abt 2-3 wks le leh.. now still can latch her back ? will she still want to latch on ?

alo,

my girl was born dec too.. just wan to ask what the reason you stop latch on ? and you still express out milk?
as i also did not BF either, initially was so stressful where there so many comments and also due to my wound...

Jaschy

alo,

my girl was born dec too.. just want to ask what the reason you stop latch on ? and you still express out milk?
as i also did not BF either, initially was so stressful where there so many comments and also due to my wound...
Hihi.. haven log in for so long.. tink most dec mummies are busy with their little ones huh.. this tread is getting so quiet..:wink:

Joelv i stopped latching on cos my girl is very impatient when she is hungry..do not want to suck when i latched her on cos tink my initial milk flow is a bit little and slow.. so when she suckle a while no milk then she will start crying and struggling then very difficult to latch her on again :embarrassed:..

But still express my milk out and feed her 4 times a day and the night 2 feed i will give her formula ..:001_302:

Dun give up Joely.. i also very stress initially cos when i pump out only abt 20-30ml for both side.. not enough for baby to drink at all.. so i just mixed with formula lor.. just keep pumping if u are not latching on directly.. :tlaugh: jia you!

joelv1016

Hihi.. haven log in for so long.. tink most dec mummies are busy with their little ones huh.. this tread is getting so quiet..:wink:

Joelv i stopped latching on cos my girl is very impatient when she is hungry..do not want to suck when i latched her on cos tink my initial milk flow is a bit little and slow.. so when she suckle a while no milk then she will start crying and struggling then very difficult to latch her on again :embarrassed:..

But still express my milk out and feed her 4 times a day and the night 2 feed i will give her formula ..:001_302:

Dun give up Joely.. i also very stress initially cos when i pump out only abt 20-30ml for both side.. not enough for baby to drink at all.. so i just mixed with formula lor.. just keep pumping if u are not latching on directly.. :tlaugh: jia you!

Hi Dear,

Thanks for your encouragement... But recently my bby girl went to hav her vaccination and i told DR. abt me not giving breast feeding and thanks god my PD was encouraging even i not on BF as she told me as long as bby growing well and smart just dun feel guilty.. so MUMS out there who cant BF dun feel guilty just do what best for your kids not all kids are the same...
Maybe yours are the special ones..

Jaschy

Hi Dear,

Thanks for your encouragement... But recently my bby girl went to hav her vaccination and i told DR. abt me not giving breast feeding and thanks god my PD was encouraging even i not on BF as she told me as long as bby growing well and smart just dun feel guilty.. so MUMS out there who cant BF dun feel guilty just do what best for your kids not all kids are the same...
Maybe yours are the special ones..
Of cos you dun have to feel guilty my dear.. a lot of babies still grow very well on formula.. its just that if you have the milk supply then dun give up so easily ... i also decide to give my girl full formula soon cos my milk seems to be getting lesser and lesser.. maybe cos i getting more lazy and pumping lesser =P

gumbokins

Been busy with baby, preschool and other things too, and also fretting about childcare arrangements when I go back work in a few months.

All mummies will do what's best for their child...just remember that. Don't waste time beating yourself up over a small issue!

The main reason I BF is so save $$ wor ha ha!!

joelv1016

Of cos you dun have to feel guilty my dear.. a lot of babies still grow very well on formula.. its just that if you have the milk supply then dun give up so easily ... i also decide to give my girl full formula soon cos my milk seems to be getting lesser and lesser.. maybe cos i getting more lazy and pumping lesser =P

Cheers... thanks for the support unlike my MIL and SIL as my SIL was on totally BF fpr 6 mth so to them BF is a must and whenever see me will say why dun give BF i really hate it..

Jaschy

Cheers... thanks for the support unlike my mother in law and sister In law as my sister In law was on totally BF fpr 6 month so to them BF is a must and whenever see me will say why dont give BF i really hate it..
My MIL will also keep saying eat more fish and drink more soup so will have more milk.. a bit irritating at times cos everything they say now is abt milk milk milk:err:
but lucky my hubby is very supportive .. he say if really no milk le then feed formula lor.. he even say if pumping is too tiring then just forget abt bf .. :tlaugh:
just ignore wat others say .. just do wat u tink is best for urself and baby =) cheers!:Dancing_wub:

joelv1016

My mother in law will also keep saying eat more fish and drink more soup so will have more milk.. a bit irritating at times cos everything they say now is about milk milk milk:err:
but lucky my hubby is very supportive .. he say if really no milk then feed formula .. he even say if pumping is too tiring then just forget about bf .. :tlaugh:
just ignore what others say .. just do what you tink is best for yourself and baby =) cheers!:Dancing_wub:

guess we are lucky, my hubby are the same as yours having the same thinking too..
btw are you a working mum ?
how i wish there a mums gathering for all the mum to gather and talk abt anything in the world..

nighthawk

Dear Mummies

Clean Freak??We are offering cleaning service(Dust mite
cleaning) to parents who would also wanna benefit from this services.
We do not represent any vacuum cleaner company therefore we would not
hard-sell any expensive machine/ any cleaning packages
just give us a call/sms for a cleaner environment cleaning
appointment-Just that simple

Check it out at the link below
YouTube - Cleaning dust mites from a mattress

seeing how dirty a clean looking mattress is,for benefit of our health
and loved one do sms/call us for enquiry

Our pricing is as follows:
- 1st mattress: S$40
- subsequent item (can be sofa/carpet etc): S$8

There is no hidden costs nor transportation charges

Call/SMS Alex now @ 97618563 for appointments.

For sure you will not regret to engage our serious cleaning service attitude

"let live in a clean environment!"

bbloelim

i deliver at mt A, normal birth w assist.
me too, pump out, so can noe hw much she drink. intend to get cooler bag, so can btl feed her outside. dun lik bf outside leh.

little pepo

We are proud to announce the launch of our new online boutique for baby wear, Little Pepo @ little pepo | cute apparels for babies and kids | Home

* Pepo Apparels is a homegrown fashion company that specializes in the creation of unique adult and children apparel.
* All designs are painstakingly created by us and we oversee every step of the production to make sure that what you get is the best.
* Personalisation in the form of intricate embroidery to emphasise your ownership of our apparel.
* Free Delivery to your doorstep for a limited period only.

You can also visit us at our Facebook page @ Little Pepo | Facebook (Do remember to "Like" if you feel it deserves your Like)