Edd dec 2012

Sze sze

So far, I brought my girl out with hubby to clinic, some shopping mall and my mother in law house... Sometime my mother in law is with us also
Most of the time i carry her, I did use sling to carry her twice...
And mostly she is awake when out, but fall sleep along the way...
i used pram to ntuc ... And she fall sleep too~~

tcmy, everyday morning, I bring Kate to downstair walk about 5-10 mins, let her look around and get used to the noise ....

momo, I thought breastfeed no need give water, but need to give water to formula feed baby....
But I plan to give abit water when baby is 3 months old...

Mreow Mreow

Momo,
I think that's ok for Glenn.
For FM babies, that is ok.
Hmm, Danika still the same.
She only has the flu symptoms when she first wakes up.
Like for us adults also,
Our cough/running nose is more jialat in the morning when we first wake up right?
ESP if slp in Aircon Room.

I did not manage to entirely clean Baby's tongue!
Still got alot of milk stain.
Especially deep inside!

Are ur babies' tongues all very clean?

Mreow Mreow

If I'm out with MIL,
She will loveee to keep carrying Danika...!

Lucky w/o me saying,
My Hubby will ask her to put baby in Pram & not to carry so often! :p

lizasaifi

Mreow, sorry to hear Danika is not well again. Hope she will get well soon. Nurin had been to many places too. Been on d train n cab but not on d bus yet. Hehehe

Before we got a pram I carry her on a sling. She doesn't like it when I carry her kangaroo style. She prefers to be carried cradle style. :) so far I've gone out mostly wif my mom n wif hubby once only. Haven't go out wif her alone yet n mite try it one day soon. She seems to be ok lying on d pram as she can look ard.

I do give Nurin warm plain water once a day abt 30ml each time. She seems to like it. :)

momo, if d poo is not hard then it's not constipation. It's constipation when baby's poo is hard n strain so hard when wanna poo until face red red. Nurin's poo is like crunchy peanut butter texture. Hehehe

tcmy

Mummies,

So far i've only bring Clara out alone twice, to polyclinic n lot1 only-By hand carry. The rest of the time is with hubby-both carry n pram. Usually she will fall asleep in my arms when i carry her out.. as for pram, at first she will sleep.. halfway through she will wake up n observed around.. Worst, theres once in supermaket, she cry for carry.. end up one hand carry her, the other push pram n my hubby push the stroller through out after we purchased..

Liza, we can start using sling already? U using ring sling or others? Where u get it from?

Mreow mreow, cleaning bb tongue need some time plus danika needs to suck on the cloth so to clean the inner part of her tongue.. i always tell Clara to "ahh, nom nom nom" ask her to suck on it..

Momo, the stool that looks like mustard is normal.. Clara's stool also like that.. is coz of drinking formula milk.. i do give Clara a little plain water in between the 3hr schedule if u still searching for milk.. it also helps Clara to poo better, no need gek till so jialak-thats what i think..

lizasaifi

tcmy, I bought d ring sling from fb thru this carering sling page...d owner sells her ring slings at babyslingsandcarriers.com...they have a showroom somewhere near Marymount mrt...I bought d ring sling after confinement ended n brought baby out for d first time juz before she turned 2 mths...ring slings are alright for term babies...for preemies like my girl need to wait till she's a lil heavier n bigger...used it juz now when we went out n she seems to fit in better already now dat she's 4.5kg :)

Luckystar

I've used the Baby Bjorn carrier sometimes, just around the house to get Rhea used to it . So far no probs with her. She sleeps most of the time in it.

Momo
I've been feeding Little Rhea water for quite some time now. This was suggested by her pediatrician to feed her some warm water , when we had taken her to the doctor after she had not pooped for 3 days. He said the water will help things get going.

About the poop consistency , Mreow is right , FM fed baby poop is a bit like that . I give rhea a mix of FM and BM , so when she has had more FM her poop is like that , when she has has more BM , it is all watery.

Mummies
While we are on he poop topic ,I wanted to know if. Your babies are suffering from Gas and if yes what are you doing to help baby with it .

Mreow ,
Hope Danika gets well soon . Try to keep her as warm as possible . Also when you massage het keep her covers up with a swaddle or some other cloth . You can also try giving her warm compress on het chest , throat and nose area

dmummy

Hi mummies, it's been a while never post here.
@luckystar: hubby won't let me use baby bjorn carrier as he afraid baby not strong enough. It's veryy tiring to carry her out using hands! She's 5kg now...

mommies, anyone has done the ear piercing for ur baby? Most of the gp only do it for 6mo+ baby. I want to do it asap before she know how to rub her ear

tcmy

Liza, thanks for the info, will check out the web. Kinda lazy to bring the pram around esp only both of us.. ring sling shld be better i think..

Luckystar, Clara is also suffering from gas trap too.. i tried using ru yi oil on the stomach n feets, also given her gripe water 5ml-mixed with plain water(think is quite sweet for her). It helps, as whole day she will keep on farting. Lol.

Luckystar

I've been using Ru yi oil also , but only on tummy , wil try on the feet now . Thanks for the tip Momo and Tcmy :)
I'll try elevation while feeding also . So far I fed lying down so baby is always lying flat .

Momo
Have you tried burping Glen in the middle of the feed. Maybe he got gas .

Dmummy
Great to see a post frm you .
I am also looking for options to get my bubs ears pierced now . Don't want to wait till she is 6 months old . By that time age she will hv more control on her hands and will keep pulling at her ears . Also I go back to work when she is 6 months old, so not a good time to get her ears pierced !!
About baby Bjorn , I'm only using it at home to get my bub used to it . I use it with baby facing me, it is quite comfy for baby.

Been a while since I posted here too...am more active on our facebook page these days, as it's easier.

Luckystar: Is it easy to put baby into the baby bjorn carrier yourself? Also have this carrier, but yet to use it...hahah. Will try to use it when we bring my gal for her jab in 2 weeks.

Momo: My gal feed halfway also will choke. Then I'll either pat her chest or burp her. She'll stop for a while then continue drinking again if she is not satisfied yet...haha. Btw, where did you bring ur Glenn for the 6 in 1 vaccine? Did he cry a lot during the jab? Taking my gal for the jab in 2 weeks...scared she'll cry non stop :S

tcmy

Momo, i face this problem too.. after burp she refuse to continue, sometimes she will act like drinking.. sucked the milk end up pui out.. till the whole cloth/bib damp.. -_-

Clara seems better sleeping at night nowadays, but quite a disaster during daytime.. she will tend to seek my attention by making the crying sound.. if she knows im checking her out yet not carrying her, she will really cry n cry very hard(screaming).. well, today i cant even poo well when she starts screaming till my back kitchen toilet also can hear..

Help! What can i do to stop her from being like this?
Shld i buy a sling to sling her ard the house?
Will she get used to carrying n have bad habit if i keep on slinging her?

Last edited:

dmummy

@luckystar: yeah 6 months not a good time, she already know how to scratch! Maybe i will bring her pierce at batam haha since i will be back for CNY and At there they allowed piercing even for new born! Now at least i can swaddle her.

@momo: my gal also choke for like after 5mins feeding and she will not continue to suckle anymore she will fall asleep! Lazy gal hehe... Read
at babycenter, small baby likes to be carry becoz they feel secure, my gal also a attention seeker! If she awakes and feel boring she want me to talk to her or else she will scream haha... Babies are too cute!!!!

@mommies: does apply only ru yi you will help? Or i need to give her gripe water? My gal always gek sai n gek pui (fart) haha look so xin ku :( just bought ru yi oil and applied a bit on her tummy n foot but she haven't fart yet. Do i need to wait sometime? How long u pat pat ur baby back and they will burp? Mine sumtime dun want to burp ler! Espesially when she fall asleep :( ahhh feel so bad bcoz she got a lot of wind

tcmy

dmummy, for ru yi oil.. it takes some time to burp.. u can try giving gripe water just 5ml as instructed.. if u afraid thst to be too sweet for ur bb, u can mix it into plain water-(thats what i doing).. As for Clara, sometimes she burp once she sit upright, or will take some time to burp.. bb wont burp once they asleep.. so must wake them abit to burp them.. or u can also place bb at ur chest n pat their back-also help burping too.

Mummies, what u do if ur bb's belly pop up? Clara stomach wind quite serious leh, esp when she fake cry n suck in alot of air..

dmummy

@tcmy: i try both but she didn't want to burp! Is it normal? Does she need to burp in every feed? She refuse to wake up once she fall asleep :(
do you try to consult with clara's PD? As her belly already pop up... Looks like quite serious.

@mommy is it normal if the belly button pop up? Checked with the doctor at poly they said need to do surgery if until 1 year still pop out! What cause the belly button pop out??

Mummies, does your baby have any trouble feeding from breast to bottle? Mine seem to hate the bottle to death and would only drink from the tap! :S
Well, the only time that she will drink a bit is when we wake her up from her sleep for feed. Other times, she will scream until she gets the (.)(.)
Tried smelling the milk to see if it has gone bad, and tasting for metallic taste...all are fine. Yet, still dunno why she don wan bottle. Even changed frm Avent to NUK bottle (latex teats), not much progress there.

Wonder what else can I do...or is it more of a matter of me having to train her to accept the bottle. Don want her to be like this when I go back to work in April le....very poor thing cry until I come home :S

tcmy

Dmummy.. is the wind/gas that trapped in bb stomach that caused the belly button to pop up.. thats why burping n letting gas out is important.. coz tends to suck in alot of air when she cry.. with gripe water, her belly is slightly better.. now every time when she going to cry, i must be very alert.. but if this continues, i scared she become attention seeker-_-

Anyway u can try to disturb her by calling her name, tickle her etc.. any ways u can think of.. den tell her must burp le den sleep oh.. Mmm, maybe u can try another method.. First let her sit upright on ur lap, both hands supporting back of her head n her lower jaws (w mouth open).. Next, move her in either clockwise or anti-clockwise direction.. *like doing hip exercise* quite effective..

Last edited:

Luckystar

Hi momo , pink,
I have been strapping baby on to the carrier on my own all the time . Quite easy actually . I strap in the carrier, set up one side. Place baby in and then close the other side . Then I clip on the top clips.
I would suggest you strap on baby and move about in the house a bit for a few days to get her used to the carrier. Coz if u take her out for the first time in carrier and that too for vaccination , she might always associate carrier with pain and may reject the carrier , my thoughts only :) .

Tcmy ,
How about taking baby around the house in the pram? That way you won't hv to carry her , and she can see u wherever you are.

Dmummy
For gas , I raise my baby's both kegs and press towards the tummy , like doing exercise .my bub does fart sometimes when I do that .

Luckystar

Mummies, does your baby have any trouble feeding from breast to bottle? Mine seem to hate the bottle to death and would only drink from the tap! :S
Well, the only time that she will drink a bit is when we wake her up from her sleep for feed. Other times, she will scream until she gets the (.)(.)
Tried smelling the milk to see if it has gone bad, and tasting for metallic taste...all are fine. Yet, still dunno why she don wan bottle. Even changed frm Avent to NUK bottle (latex teats), not much progress there.

Wonder what else can I do...or is it more of a matter of me having to train her to accept the bottle. Don want her to be like this when I go back to work in April le....very poor thing cry until I come home :S
Pink
Try Tommie Tippie bottles . My bub loves it.
Also, you may want to wait till baby is really very hungry and then try introducing the bottle. Sometimes I let baby cry a bit so she gets tired , and then when I give her milk in bottle or breast and shd hungrily sucks.

tcmy

Luckystar, i used to put her on the pram to move around the house.. but sometimes she insist to carry her around.. maybe she might think-mommy i've lied down too long, i want carry.