Edd dec 2012

allele

Thanks for ur advice too Sze Sze.. I think all i need is persistency and patience ;)

Btw mummies, my baby is currently in special care nursery because she has delayed crying when she was first born.
I was given skin to skin contact initially, that time my baby with her eyes widely opened looking at me as if she can recognise that im her mother (so cute lor).. But then i didnt realised that she actually didnt cry, then suddenly my midwife quickly carried her away and a team of medical staff rushed in and gave her oxygen and do all sorts of checkings. Me and hubby were so worried, gynae assured me not to be worry coz that some babies delayed in crying probably due prolonged delivery. After about 2mins, finally i hear her crying. We were so relieved.. Now baby is doing well in special care nursery, docs are monitoring her feeding volume and she can finish the given volume. In between i also try to give her breastmilk (no milk but just let her suck) haha..

She should be discharged from the nursery today.. Cant wait to see her again!

Woww...almost everyone is at the final stage already. Congrats to all mummies!! Must be exciting to finally hold your lovely babies :)

Me I'm still at the waiting stage at Week 37, 5 days. Looks like I'll be one of the last to pop...hehhehe
Went for check-up last nite, and gynae told me that it's likely that baby's head is engaged coz the face is facing the other side. Currently weighing in at 2.6kg

lovepixie

I can't keep up to baby waking time and breast milk already oozing out so I pump n sometimes when I rest MIL help to feed baby. Hubby started work n really exhausted even to feed baby although I'm trying to prepare him to nightly feed once both of us resume work. Hmm.. Parenthood is exhausting

Sze sze

Momo, my confinement is cooked with home made yellow rice wine.
If you drink these wine after cooking is fine...
Can drink Dom also... (But try to drink after breastfeed)

After 36 hours and 3 tablet.... Only dilate 1.5cm :( took the thigh jab just now as i was in great pain alr relieved quite much. Had gas earlier but seriously no use lol Now doc gave me 3 option, 1) insert 4th pill 2) don't insert, wait and see how the contraction goes 3)csect. Sigh why my cervix just can't dilate! Probably will choose to go for csect.... Actually the worst thing that I'm going thru is the cervix check..... It's so painful I cried at every check..... Now im so afraid of it!

Luckystar

Heartsmich
If you have privacy there and your water not broken , can you try having sex? Semen has prostaglandin which helps with dilation .
Also if the hospital got TCM , can try and request for acupuncture.
If you can walk about , try squatting or using the birthing ball.

Luckystar

Mummies... I admitted 12 midnight last night ... inserted tablet at 3plus... now 1.5cm dilated... started to feel pain... it's bearable but uncomfortable. Dont like feeling of being strapped to the bed cannot move.

After breakfast will insert a second tablet... hopefully I can have a 12.12.12 baby haha if too long might be 13 Dec le. :)

Dmummy when u discharge? MamaDT u give birth already?

Other mummies will join u all soon! Have a good time with your babies!
All the best Cherryblossom !!
Let us know when the little one come along !!

lovepixie

After 36 hours and 3 tablet.... Only dilate 1.5cm :( took the thigh jab just now as i was in great pain alr relieved quite much. Had gas earlier but seriously no use lol Now doc gave me 3 option, 1) insert 4th pill 2) don't insert, wait and see how the contraction goes 3)csect. Sigh why my cervix just can't dilate! Probably will choose to go for csect.... Actually the worst thing that I'm going thru is the cervix check..... It's so painful I cried at every check..... Now im so afraid of it!
Hi heartsmich

When they do vaginitis check u inhale gas will help a bit. Hang in there did they put u on drip? I had 2 tablets n drip

lovepixie

Allele,

Hope u n baby doing fine. What is the APGAR test result for ur baby?
For mummies that take painkillers what's ur baby APGAR test score?
That's is why some mummies refuse take painkillers

Abt the breast pain cos engorgement. Today hubby ask MIL to do hardboil egg for me. Then I got an idea. I use the egg while still warm to massage on the milk engorgement Wah relief!!!

Last edited:

Mreow Mreow

Lovepixie.
Today 1 of my boob overflow when I was at the polyclinic.
I tot my chest area Kenna Rain then checked and realize it overflow out of the breast shield...

Babe, Ur MIL feed ur baby using bottle?
Does ur baby have nipple confusion?

I am my wits end.
No pump to remove excess.
Juz let it drip into shield or Latch.

Oh ya, does pumping hurt for u?
My nipple seems big, like juz nicely fit into the funnel hole...

Mreow Mreow

Omg Luckystar!

Cannot have Sex in the delivery suite la!!

I'm sure they have xAmeras there.

And I really doubt that both Hubby n wife will be in the mood for that.... Hahaahaha

But anyway, i agree that the sex thing works. :)

Luckystar

Omg Luckystar!

Cannot have Sex in the delivery suite la!!

I'm sure they have xAmeras there.

And I really doubt that both Hubby n wife will be in the mood for that.... Hahaahaha

But anyway, i agree that the sex thing works. :)
Mreow Mreow
Good thing you reminded me of the cameras around !! Ha ha !! Will not try it when I'm in the labour ward :)

Luckystar

Mummies ,
I am going for induce tml night (Thursday ). Excited and nervous. Will they allow my hubby to be there with me when I get admitted? Or is hubby called only once the labour start?

lovepixie

Hi Mreow Mreow
Ur pump still got warranty? Use or try hand manual pump ?? Mil at first spoon fed BM to baby but baby struggle too much so hv to go for bottle. No nipple confusion as baby first check who 's feeding her. Usually I'll talk to her while trying to latch. Try the warm towel on breast massage. Or boiled egg and roll it on d hard area. It works for me. I let baby suck suck all away

Haha thanks for the advice! I actually had the same thought but don dare. Hahahah

Anyway finally gave birth to my boy Niklaus @ kkh on 12/12/12 8:06pm! After 40 hours and 3 pills inserted cervix still at 1.5cm, decided to go for csect. Wasn't exactly what I wanted but well! After I heard the cries of my boy everything is worth it. As long as he is healthy! I tried latching on immediately but no colostrum yet. Will try harder today! Thanks everyone's support and advise!!!

Mummysg is one of the way I tried to divert my attention and it kinda helps lol