Edd dec 2012

Mreow Mreow

Mamadt!
Congrats!! :D :D

Hmm, for me the traditional milk came in on 2-3rd day.
I realized the Liq became more white and runny. Instead of the thick-hard to flow
Colostrum...

Hope baby Tedmund is doing well!! :D

Beenies

Hi mummies! It's day one for us back at home but only one of the twin can be discharged and the other one has jaundiced. Am i too emotional? During discharge today I didn't even wanna say goodbye to the little one because I was on the verge of crying. So sad for them to be alone without their mummies right?

Luckystar

Hi mummies
I had my baby on 14/12/12 at 6:19 pm at Gleneagles hospital . Not a great exp as I had a real bad time with my gynae and anesthetist were AWOL and I ended up deliver natural without any pain medication . Damn painful . Will update later .

Mreow Mreow

Waa, Malay postnatal massage really Gd man.
My tummy really lk pre preggy now after juz 3sessions... :D :D

So happy,
I can't wait to try to see if my kebaya fits. Haha...

Anyway I hope all mummies doing well with
Bfeeding.
Jiayou..

Wadever pain juz tahan....
That's wad I've been doing too....

All of us feeding our little Baby Milk monsters!! :D

Mreow Mreow

Lovepixie, I'm not 100% on confinement rules..

Actually I think moderation is fine too..
I drink other stuff other than only red dates longan.
And eat other stuff too.

So far, I don't feel and heatiness & have no adverse reactions..

Hmm, I think all d mummies too busy with their newborn to reply.... Hehe :D

lovepixie

Mreow Mreow
I was actually down with a 39.3 C fever the other day n GP ask my hubby to feed me fruit juice which is a taboo in my confinement

Sigh, oh well nowadays busy feeding changing diapers

Mreow I posted Medela breast shield at our fb group. Do u know how to use it? It said customisable. How to customise? I saw it online n want to purchase it if its simple n comfortable to use I remember u said u bought medela one

Beenies

Agree! Been so busy jus breastfeeding only! Not even changing diapers and washing their clothes. Really dun like having a confinement nanny but no choice the extra pair of hands does help abit. Are all mummies now waking up every 3 hours to feed your little ones? How so u gals cope with the limited sleep?

lovepixie

I'm a zombie cow *repeat*

Kudos to Beenies cos got twice the diapers n milk to deal with.

I'm a zombie cow *repeat*

I'm still lacking some motherhood n baby stuff have to resort to online purchase :( thank god for online shopping

Luckystar

Mummies
I was released from hospital today. So finally back home with my baby after 2 day hospital stay. My baby is doing fine. We named her Rhea. She is bright and chirpy , and has kept us all up all night , finally she decided to sleep and there is peace at last. Having a baby in the house takes some getting used to . She is latching well after some initial problems , and now my nipples are really sore .

About my birth story , this was something I didn't expect , not from Gleneagles at least .
I was admitted on the 13th for a "planned" induction . I emphasize on the word planned , as my gynae knew about it, and it was discussed that i would be using epidural if I couldn't cope with the pain. I was very clear about that. Anyway when I was admitted , they used the tablet that is inserted to increase the dilation . Next morning I was sent to the labour ward without any one checking if I was dilated or not. Any way in the labour ward , I was really bored. My mum m hubby came to the hospital but they won't let me go to the maternity ward and won't let my mum come visit me in the labour ward. My doc comes in at about 9:30 am and checks dilation . I am only 1cm dilated. Not good , she doesn't ask for another tablet to be inserted . She asks for the oxytocin to be started on IV. Once Tge oxytocin comes in , my pain gradually starts, by 12 , I am having regular contractions which are at 3 minutes apart. I am in pain and given laughing gas. It helps a bit , but not much. By 1 pm, it gets bad, I ask for epidural . Turns out my gynae had not booked an anesthetist. The poor ward nurses were frantically trying to reach any available anesthetist. They finally manage to get one to come in . Meanwhile I am already having contractions that are like 1 min apart and in a lot of pain . The anesthetist comes in and is getting angry with my hubby saying why she wasn't booked earlier and thus was too late to get in the epidural . My hubby said isn't that the gynaes job to arrange for anesthetist ? Anyway she tries , twice , but fails as my contraction is too strong and I am shaking in pain , she can't get the needle in and fears there may be nerve damage if she tries at this stage. I am left to deal with the pain on my own and only the gas for support . Mind you, the pain brought on by natural contractions and that by oxytocin artificially is different and is greater in severity. By 4:00 pm I am about 6 cm dilated, but no news if my doctor . They tried calling her office , her emergency hotline and even her husband , but she us unreachable. My hubby is desperate , I am in too much pain , almost hallucinating in pain , and no doctor. I ask / beg for any doctor to come in and give me general anesthesia and do a C Sect as I am in unbearable pain. There is no one available .
Ultimately I have an urge to push at around 6:00 pm. Still my doctor is unreachable . I am in too much pain and can't help but push . Baby started crowning and still no doctor. The nurses persuaded another doctor who was attending to another patient to come in. He was good enough to leave his patient and come in. By the time he came in the head was about the pop out. He barely wore the scrubs and the baby was delivered . He was working on the cord blood when my doctor finally makes an appearance . She came in only to deliver my placenta !!
I was so relived to see that my baby was ok. But I was very angry at my doc. Still am.
I had some major tearing as I wasn't fully dilated when the baby came . Have to have some stitches done. Plus suffering from hemorrhoids .

This was one of the most harrowing exp of my life . Though Arthur end it all worked out. My doctor never accepted that she has made any mistake . All I want from her is an apology for not preparing for my delivery . For not being contactable or available and most importantly for not arranging for an anesthetist in advance . But I guess that will never happen. . So I need to put all this behind me and look forward to loving my baby .

Hi mummies! Today is the 3rd day of my confinement and it seems so long. So far I have been partial bf and giving formula. Do u mummies do that? Baby is drinking about 60ml already at 5 days old but I can only express like 30ml each time. Usually by 5th day milk flow should be how much?

What about mummies here? I hope to increase my supply so that can give full bm either by bf or expressed bm...

Mreow Mreow

Hi cherry blossom.
I'm not sure how much milk we have after 5th day.
But I'm doing full time latching.. Not pumping at all..
My girl seems to be having enough. My house no formula also...

Lovepixie, I use avert breast shield! Not Medela. Haha :)
Yeah, I drank cold stuff too!! :p

Luckystar, I'm really sry to hear ur experience.
I hope Ur next pregnancy n labour will be s much better one.
And don't ever take that Gynae.
Haha, my Hubby hates women gynaes.. :p

Beenies, I have indeed been waking up to feed baby.
I set alarm to feed her every 3hrs if she wake on her own.
I'm latching her full time so no choice gotta wake.
Ya, hate having stranger in house too but I guess uve no choice....
Better for u to have help cuz use twins!! :D
Since Baby's birth on 7dec, I've not had slp longer than 3h at each go cuz I always wake to wake her to feed.

Somehow I don't feel THAT tired or sleepy!! :)
Have some kind of adrenaline rush leh..
Weird.....

Juz finish feeding my little Milk Monster.
Gotta wake in another 2.5h to rouse her from her slp again of she doesn't wake!! :p

Luckystar

OMG! Who is ur gynae! So irritating
Dr Ang Huai Yang was my gynae. The worst part is she even charged us fully. We had to pay her as well as the gynae who actually delivered me. I would have expected her to at least compensate the other gynae from her side as he had done her job. But no luck. We had to pay both . This is like day light robbery .

Luckystar

Hi mummies! Today is the 3rd day of my confinement and it seems so long. So far I have been partial bf and giving formula. Do u mummies do that? Baby is drinking about 60ml already at 5 days old but I can only express like 30ml each time. Usually by 5th day milk flow should be how much?

What about mummies here? I hope to increase my supply so that can give full bm either by bf or expressed bm...
Cherry blossom , have you tried the fenugreek capsules. You can get it at any guardian or Watson shop.
I am using the green life brand . Taking 2 capsules twice daily.
It is quite effective for me. I am at day day 3 today and already my breasts are leaking and overflowing

lovepixie

Hi Luckystar.
I was shocked by what ur gynae actually did. U can pursue the matter to the hospital and there is a disciplinary board of some sort I think.
Take care n rest well. Happy belated birthday too