Edd dec 2012

lovepixie

Hi cherry blossom,
Ya when I lie down one side the baby shifted n I quickly ask my hubby to see. Very funny it's like carrying 3kg watermelon inside a water balloon n moving.

Mreow Mreow

MamaDT
LOL! I do that too...ask my baby to box my hubby when he puts his face on my tummy. But she'll only do that sometimes...and usually when my hubby goes near or talks to her, she will keep quiet. Then when he's not there, she'll start kicking again haha
same same!! :)

Mreow Mreow

Love pixie, if I'm your baby,
I will be so happy to see my Xmas prezzie!! Which is the Bow cot with lotsa prezzies inside!! Haha... :)
yesterday I went Tesco & Giant @ Bukit Indah Area to shop!
Quite a lot of things also...
Are u in that area?? :D

prettygem

Hello mummies,need some advise here on have u prepare the herbs for showering and also the red dates etc for us to drink after birth.
My mil in law offered to prepare for me but i'm not sure how much to give her.
Do you mummies think $300 is enough?

Mreow Mreow

Ya! Baby is full term now. Very excited! Cant wait to see my daughter.. at the same time kinda worried of the emergency situation as in what if my waterbag bursts in the public! Gonna be so embarassing.. Anyway, gynae didnt say when the baby will pops out.. I will see him again on next Fri which is week 38. He only told me that the next time I'll get to see him is either in the TPS clinic or in the labour ward. Haha..

Allele, did u go for the maternity kk ward tour?
I haven't book my room yet...
feel like gg to see even though kind of decided that I'm gg to take the single bed... U? :D

MamaDT

Pretty gem, my mil bought the stuff for me already from Chinatown medical hall... Cost about $400++ without birdnest...
It consists of:
1kg red dates
1kg black/blue dates
Got pao sheng
Dang GUI
And a few others but I can't remember....

With birdnest, it's ard $1.8k yah....

MamaDT

Luckystar, luckily u didn't lol in office else ur boss will know u are surfing mama forum instead of working siah.... Hahaa

Pink2purple, when bb starts kicking again, quietly poke ur hubby and signal him to put his face on tummy... Heehee :p then once he put, u use ur arm and press him on tummy so tt he cannot move away quickly (coz he has to b gentle as he is on ur tummy) sure gana box/kick one.. Heehee

Cherryblossom, yup have! Turn on left, baby squeeZe one big lump on left and the other small/big lump moving up down on right... And vice versa haha

Honeyfiedcherry, don't need to pai seh just ask why what and how to gynae coz all pregnancies are diff. :) jia you!

Have a great weekend all!

Mreow Mreow

Pretty gem, my mil bought the stuff for me already from Chinatown medical hall... Cost about $400++ without birdnest...
It consists of:
1kg red dates
1kg black/blue dates
Got pao sheng
Dang GUI

OMMGGGGG :err:

so ex.....!!!

i didnt expect it to be $400+!!!

omg.. serious ah....

u have longan too?

dates and longan is for drink ya?

different dates colour is for what usage?

also, the rest of the herbs are for soup ah? :)

allele

Allele, did u go for the maternity kk ward tour?
I haven't book my room yet...
feel like gg to see even though kind of decided that I'm gg to take the single bed... U? :D
Hi! Nope i didnt go for ward tour in KK coz I have also decided which ward to take. My workplace maternity benefits entitled us to take Class A ward, so I have signed up for the premier package staying in the single bed room. In fact, there will be sofa in the room for a family member to stay over. So it's good that can get hubby to accompany during the stay :) Besides this is my first child, i foresee that there will quite a number of ppl will be coming over to visit us so single room provides more privacy lor.
Have u signed up for their package yet? I wonder how much is it for the premier package for a Sporean like u? Mine very ex leh.. thankfully big sum of the fees can be covered under my maternity benefits, otherwise I think one child is enough. Haha..

Mreow Mreow

Hi! Nope i didnt go for ward tour in KK coz I have also decided which ward to take. My workplace maternity benefits entitled us to take Class A ward, so I have signed up for the premier package staying in the single bed room. In fact, there will be sofa in the room for a family member to stay over. So it's good that can get hubby to accompany during the stay :) Besides this is my first child, i foresee that there will quite a number of ppl will be coming over to visit us so single room provides more privacy lor.
Have u signed up for their package yet? I wonder how much is it for the premier package for a Sporean like u? Mine very ex leh.. thankfully big sum of the fees can be covered under my maternity benefits, otherwise I think one child is enough. Haha..

wow, awesome that u have lots of maternity benefits! :)

my gynae specifically asked me to take classic instead of premier!
He'd attend my delivery but post-delivery care could be done by him or other docs...

The admissions receptionist told me that my gynae only takes classic packages... Wonder why...
HAHA :)

Im keen in the 1 bedder too!

But i wouldnt want so many ppl to visit me there after birth!
wonder what Haggard state i'll be in... :p

For us, deposit is $2.5K!!

MamaDT

It consists of:
1kg red dates
1kg black/blue dates
Got pao sheng
Dang GUI

OMMGGGGG :err:

so ex.....!!!

i didnt expect it to be $400+!!!

omg.. serious ah....

u have longan too?

dates and longan is for drink ya?

different dates colour is for what usage?

also, the rest of the herbs are for soup ah? :)
Yup yup serious haha

Yes there's longan also and confinement bath sachets, and others I can't recall the names...
Think the black/blue dates is for cooking one haha
Ermmmm... Just go to the medical hall, tell them u want herbs for confinement then she will show u the list then they will prepare the whole herbs in the list for u :)
Think most ex in the list is pao Sheng....

Morning mummies!

Just went for appointment this morning. Baby is 2.7kg at 36 weeks. :) did the ctg to see baby's heartbeat and movement and everything is ok. :)

I haven't bought the herbs yet but yday I bought the herbal packet for bathing. Its $2 per packet send I bought 20 packets. Still worried not enough but my hubby scold me say should just buy 10 packets. He said how can I bathe so much... lol

MamaDT

Cherryblossom, wow ur baby is in a nice weight! :) I wonder how's mine next week :)

Haha tell ur hubby dun scold u so much.... Next time u ask baby scold him then he knows haha :p

Have a great sat all!

lovepixie

Love pixie, if I'm your baby,
I will be so happy to see my Xmas prezzie!! Which is the Bow cot with lotsa prezzies inside!! Haha... :)
yesterday I went Tesco & Giant @ Bukit Indah Area to shop!
Quite a lot of things also...
Are u in that area?? :D
I used to stay near pelangi but moved to Melaka to give birth there. Btw can claim medisave in Mahkota Medical Centre for childbirth and etc. I dun like regency in jb.

lovepixie

It consists of:
1kg red dates
1kg black/blue dates
Got pao sheng
Dang GUI

Hi MamaDT n prettygem
I bought the eu Yan sang post natal herbs for RM599 in Malaysia without birds nest. I think quite worth it. Also comes with a schedule of what to eat on which day after giving birth. Quite systematic I feel also good for ppl who can't read Chinese like me :p

lovepixie

Hi Dec mummies,
Wanna update here. I have 2 weeks to go but baby not yet engaged (left 5cm to go down cervix). Doc said not yet time.

Also wanna rant since we're all Dec mummies should be able to understand what I'm going thru.
A physiotherapist at my ante natal class said I give birth dec very 'sit dai' or disadvantaged becos the babies born in the early year of Dragon can already walk but my baby just new born and indirectly say that how to compete with other babies in term of school n etc. I told her I'm also a dec baby ( born on Christmas Eve) I feel that I learn things faster than my peers and got better learning curve. I'm also left handed and I had to learn using both hands in daily chores and etc like piano, writing and tennis.then she insist that dec babies are at the losing end at competitive areas in life. I also told her dec always raining n very cooling to do confinement as I dun like stay in aircon for long and then I walk away. I can't believe she has the nerve to tell an expecting mom that her baby is at a disadvantage of being born late into the year. Bah!

Ok on the lighter note I get mc from doc till my EDD so I dun have to waste my maternity leave muahahaha. My company just announced slashing jobs in the US ( I'm on US payroll ) but they can't terminate me while on maternity so I'm safe. Wah blessing in disguise. So I'm safe till March or April 2013 I guess or they have to compensate me if I get terminated. But I'll get to spend more time with baby.

allele

Hi lovepixie.. I used to have the same mindset as that aunty who said year end baby will have less advantages as compared to other babies who are borned earlier. A bit disappointed initially but later on I realised that it's not that bad coz afterall it really depends on the kid's determination in learning and not solely based on the difference in the physical growth of the child. This will slowly be revealed when the kid getting bigger.. in the end u''ll realised that ppl bornt on early of the year may not necessary be smarter than year end ppl. Good that u walked away and stop the conversation with that aunty. haha..

Mreow Mreow: doc didn't do any cervix check on my last visit leh.. it was just a normal check up. Maybe on the next visit I guess.. :)

Hi Lovepixie

I have people telling me this but I don't believe in it. I used to have classmates born in Dec and he's the top in school. I do know in the early years may be slightly disadvantaged but later on in school it's up to their learning ability. Even have aunties telling me that dec babies are smarter. :) So don't worry it's a gift that our baby wanna come at this time of the year... let's just do our best to nurture and guide them!

I'm more worried about the so many dragon babies this year! I hope there'll be enough schools for them hor.? :)