Edd dec 2012

ivyb

Morning mummies and happy 1dec!

Post too long can only rem some.

Sze sze, look forward to see your baby photos! And hear your story... all the best!

Was it ivyb who mentioned about the skin to skin contact thingy. .. I dint know there's this thing. How to opt for it ah? Cos I thought usually after baby out they need to check baby weight etc and clean baby so if we opt Thstd will it hinder the process?

Some update about me... ydsy at 38weeks 2 days baby is 3.2kg le.. but not engaged yet. Baby grow quite fast lately so gynae just warned me if wait until full term baby still no signs of labour send more than 3.5kg maybe more difficult and might then ask me want c-sect or not. Cos my gynae is pro natural so he still advise me to wait and see for one week. Strangely he dint mention about induce at all. When I ask him he said better to let it cone out naturally first. Cos I haven't engaged, induced might be difficult.

Hmmm I really hope to give birth naturally. Ydsy is my offiiCal last day le! Happy! Earlier on I've been telling baby to wait until I'm off work so I guess he's being very guai and let me finish my work with peace. But from ydsy I told him he can come out le... don't let mummy wait too long... now a good weight...hope he really listens to me.... haha...

Now is a waiting time for all mummies! The month we've been waiting for... Jia you to all mummies!!
Hi Cherry Blossom, u can just tell ur gynae or midwife before hand or on ur delivery day abt the skin to skin option. If I rem correctly, baby will be cleaned up abit after his/her cord is cut off, took the weight then only put on mummy's warm body to build first bonding and oso to smell the mummy. :)

ivyb

Omg omg omg my baby is 3.4 kg .. gained 700grams in 2 weeks!! Doc ask if I got eat durian or not. I scared baby too big Lata cant natural birth.. I better not eat too much from now on.. ctg scan is gd nurse say baby moves a lot :) doc nvr say I when will deliver but just tt will go by natural birth next Friday gynae appt ;) go eat brekkie first :)
Wow u gals r sure carrying a big baby! :) at least bigger than mine....but I'm kinda prepared that my baby gal will weigh no more than 2.8kg at birth. I oso scared too big then end up with c-sect. So better dun ask for too much. Hehee

lizasaifi

Baby Kate is finally out at 0915 at Gleneagles, weight 2.835kg. Both mother & Baby are fine.

Now abit tire... Going to sleep soon, I will update my birth story later... It is wonderful experience!!!
Btw, the epidural injection not really painful and I think quite safe, so mummies dun worry if really need it to ease your pain
Congrats Sze sze!! Welcome to d world baby Kate! :D have a gd rest Sze sze n will be waiting for ur birth story n baby Kate's pics!

Hi to d other mummies! Wow! December! It's finally here ya. Wld have been 39 weeks 3 days tdy if I'm still preggy. Lolz doesn't matter now since lil princess is here wif me already. But I do miss being pregnant. Hehehe
Get ready for ur turns mummies. Be prepared physically n mentally ya. Giving birth n getting into motherhood gonna take a lot of energy n will but u will enjoy it once u are wif ur baby in ur arms. ;)
All d best mummies n take care!

lovepixie

Congrats Sze Sze and Hello Baby Kate

Hi mummies, thx for ur concern but baby not yet engaged. Gynae Dr Vincent Tan advises me to induce on 3/12 if baby not yet out scared inhaled meconium. He told me meconium got risk to d brain. Make me scared. So on 3/12 I'm going to seek opinion with his colleague Dr Liu. I feel dr Liu more relaxed. If Dr Liu see no concern to wait till next week I will do so.

Today I went to eat cheesecake and Mille crepe before confinement. I had my pedi n manicure without painting nails just to keep fingernails short cos I dun want to scratch baby. Tmr I will braid my hair then. Haha. After this 28 days can't do anything. Not even mask cos it's too 'liang'.

Luckystar

Sze Sze
Congrats to you and your hubby!!!
Wow !! You popped exactly on 1st Dec . What timing mummy !!! :)

Rest of the mummies , we better brace up for our turns soon :)

Can feel the excitement in this forum !!

I went to doc for checkup today . I am 37 weeks now. Baby is already almost 3 kg. My BP is also high 164/80. So doc said might have the baby sooner coz high BP not good for mummy and baby. He said baby is already big size, so no need. To wait till 40 weeks. Can induce earlier . But I am still working , then how ? My mat leave starts on Thursday ,,,
Anyway he asked me to come in again on Monday to check BP, so fingers crossed . I want my bby to wait one more week . Coz my mum coming on saturday !!!

Tomorrow I got maternity photo shoot !! Excited !! Today I did hair and Manu pedi :) very relaxed ,,, :)

Sze sze

Hi mummies... Finally...

here is my birth story...

5.30am - admitted to hospital, because I have done the pre-reg, the waiting time wasn't long, I was sent to my ward...
Before stepping into my ward, the nurse measured my weight and height...
After that do some basic questions like medical history, drug allegy, shave, change hospital gown for operation...

8.30am - was sent to waiting area at operating theatre, because my operation time is 9am; doc and nurse come and brief us on the procedure of epidural injection, also to share that if epidural not successful, he has to do GA for me...
then I was sent into the operating theatre...

It started off with the epidural injection! The first needle at my back (i was back faced to doc), I felt a bit pain only, just like normal injection; follow by 2nd needle, which I totally dun feel any pain... In fact, I not aware that the injection was done until they flip me over to face to doc, because they want the epidural spread to my the other part of body.... Slowly I feel leg numb and I cannot lift up my leg!! So the epidural is successful!!
Then, my gynae came and talked to me... And before the operation starts, my husband was called into the theatre, I was so happy to see him!! The doc and nurse even offer a chair to him to sit beside me...

9am - the operation starts
Because of the epidural, I don't feel any pain, a lots of ppl were helping to push the baby!!

9.15 am - I finally heard crying... my little princess is delivered!!! Her crying is so loud, I was touched and relieved;
Guess, which part of the body was the first seen?
hahaha, it was her two legs and that is the proof of a girl is delivered!!!

a nurse come and carry her to aside for cleaning, I rushed my hubby to follow, because that is the time they tagged bb with my name, I want to make sure the tagged is correct...

My concentration was on my little princess, because she was crying while the nurse cleaning...
Afterwhile, finally, my girl was placed on me, near my breast area, I was able to hug her, immediately she stopped cryin... heehee
I talked to her, she even smile to me!! Yes, with her eye opened!!
I felt so so happy and touched...
My hubby cries, he felt so touched and heart pain when seeing me delivered...

About 5-10 minutes later, the nurse came to bring my Kate to baby nursing room, yeah, my husband followed!!
I remain staying in the theatre for the rest of the stitching to be done...

Ard 10.30am - gynae told me everything is done and the operation is successful!! I was sent to recovery room for some check up, by 11am, I reach my ward already....

And good news to share, I able to latch Kate already... She knows how to suck, even my hubby was so surprised to see her sucking my nipple.... And the nurse also confirmed that she got drink!!
So right now, I am doing full breastfeeding, feed every 3 hours... Each side ard 15-20 mins...
Although I cannot tell how much she drinks, she looks so enjoyed and content!!! Me too..

ivyb

Omg! Sze Sze I'm so proud of u and my tears just couldn't help rolling down when I read the part that your baby girl stopped crying when u first hugged her.....that was really a touching moment and definitely a timeless one.

I'm also very happy for u that ur princess is latching on so well w/o much problem. ;)

Do rest well whenever u can..... Congratulations to u again and happy motherhood!! :eek:

lovepixie

Wow Sze Sze. Ur BM kicked in even u do c sect. Kinda give me motivation. I'm still playing waiting game with baby. Thought of doing elective c sec since got nagging feeling that baby dowan to come even though induce.
Decisions decisions. Hubby is not helping since he dun read much abt labour n keep throwing suggestions to elective c sect.

allele

It's good to see that Dec mummies are slowly getting into the 'mode' ady. Haha.. Congratz Sze Sze! Ur baby must have felt very comfortable and secure the moment she lied on ur chest! So touching! Enjoy the bonding with ur newborn!

Lovepixie.. Right now i feel kinda anxious coz my baby so far shows no sign no labour, no engagement, not much of contractions and still lying up high in my belly. Everyone around me started to ask when is my baby going to pop out. :p Now i try to walk more, do some houseworks, hopefully she will come out in a week's time otherwise i might have to be induced on Sat :(

So urs confirmed to be induced on Mon? What time to be admitted?

Hey momo! Red tinge could be a sign of labour oh.. Are u excited? Hehe..

dmummy

Congrats sze sze!! Touching moment! Hope i will see my princess soon.

good luck to you momo, hopefully true labor!
I ald 2 days no sign of cramp >.< it's just go away and never experience the cramp anymore T.T
everything is ready just waiting for my princess to
pop! Have change my hospital bag to the cabin size luggage hehe...

Mreow Mreow

Omg!
I missed out so much!!
Sorry, I was stayed in JB for 2days with no wifi...
Omg... So much posts to catch up!!

Reading reading now... :)

lovepixie

Argh my post went missing on iPhone app crash

Hi allele,
Tmr see gynae 2nd opinion at 9am. Then afterwards go opposite building check in and induce. Should by lunch time induced cos I want my strength to push. Hahaha.

Hi momopeachgirl
Elective c sect is like Sze Sze going thru. Choose straight go c sect

Emergency c sect is fail induce , fail forcep , fail vacuum n need to go c sect.

Prices for emergency c sect include normal birth n c sect plus OT and extra standby staff of OT

MamaDT

Good Luck MoMo!!!
I will try pushing natural.... Unless advise by doc beforehand that I shd do c-sect. Ask doc opinion heehee
I guess it's true contraction for u!!!!! Hugs!! Safe delivery!!!!

Sze Sze, I felt so touched by ur birth story! I wonder how's mine gonna b like when it's my turn...

Lovepixie, good luck for ur induction tomorrow :)
Let us know ur birth story yah!!! ^^ how's ur braids? :)

Allele, don't worry, try to baby more :)

Mreow Mreow

SzeSze, a heartfelt congratulations to u and Hubby!!
Ur birth story is awesome.
And I'm really happy to hear that ur Milk came in fast with ur princess taking every drop!! :D
That Is such fantastic news for every New mummy ya!! :)
U r our 1st Dec Mummy!! :)

Hope to hear more of ur baby gal's progress whenever u have time to log in!! :D

Mreow Mreow

Liza, is baby Nurin doing well?
Ur mum be super happy that being a Granny!! :)
Did she restrict u in anyway during the Comfinement? :)

LovePixie, all the best for ur Labour Tmr as well... :D
Hope the Doc u gg Seek 2nd opinion from, has only Good news for u...

Allele, all the best to u as well.
Hope yr attempts at making baby engaged is successful, if not Induce on SAT...
Add squats to ur Routine!! I do them too... :)

Waa Dmummy, u packed luggage type bag too?
Haha, mine only 1 small bag :)
Dun fret, since u once had the cramps, they might juz come back in afew days and kickstart ur labour! :)
Be prepared!! :)

Luckystar, yes ur baby is of good weight already..
Hmm, does ur Hubby want u to induce or wait naturally?
Hehe, maybe baby can sense ur wishes and who knows, might wanna come on on SAT as u wish? :)
Do take care with regards to ur high BP.
Hope ur MOn apptmt goes well :)

CherryBlossom,
How was ur Mini Xmas Gathering yesterday?? :)
Did u Indulge in Xmas Goodies or Makan?
Yum yum :)
Bet ur Frens r super excited for u right!! My GFs are super excited to see Mini-Me. All of them gonna be GodMas.. Haha! :p

Waa, now reaching my 38th week,
I'm getting my worst Constipation since Pregnancy man..
I can Go Soo many days w/o Poop.. Sian.
Drink water, swallow yoghurt, eat Fybogel & eat veg like a Cow also no use :'(
Think Baby in the uterus really compress my intestines man...

Ever since Tues when Doc say baby is Engaged,
Waa, whenever HankyPanky in bed, I can feel that my hubby is sort of like hitting something when he is inside....
Weird feeling!!
Sorry mummies, if TOo much info... *bleah

So now I begin to suspect that maybe my Cervix has gone lower & perhaps Dilated..
(when cervix low makes Cervix Check easier)

Hmm, can only find out on Tues on my next apptmt! :(

Congrats Sze Sze!!!
So happy and touched to hear your birth story! Glad that your bm came in so fast and Kate is managing so well :)

Goodluck momopeachgal! Hopefully you can see ur bundle of joy soon. Im still waiting! Haha

Mreow mreow I envy you leh! Still can hanky panky haha I feel really uncomfortable when hubby insert lol :x poor hubby haha

All the best lovepixie hope you have a smooth delivery tmr.

Hope all mummies is doing well. I've been trying to walk and squat whenever I have the chance.... Hopefully baby will engage soon. I feel menses cramp sometimes but not regular :( 39+2 now!