Edd dec 2012

lovepixie

Omg. Beenies ur turn next. All the best. Hope to see ur twins out soon

Hi mummies
My Gwen is bf fine but slightly jaundice at reading 9.0. My confinement food must be too heaty for Gwen. Bf is not an easy journey and I respect my mom for having tits of steel. Cos bf nipple very pain. Also during rush to eat before baby wake up I tore stitch ouch. Vag birth has its down time too.

Mreow Mreow

Omg.

Woke up in my Sleep
Cuz felt 2 gushes of water coming out....

Colourless n odorless.

Went toilet to empty bladder.

Still having small trickle of water after that...

Good morning mummies! ;)
Happy that today having gynae appointment so my hubby is taking half day and I won't be so bored. Apparently our talking with baby doesn't work... haha.

We are considering to induce cos in just 5 days time is my edd and still no signs yet. Will update u mummies later! I'm just afraid he will recommend c-sect instead cos baby seems still not engaged.

lovepixie

Hi Cherry Blossom
Don't be worried if it passes ur EDD. If u can help it don't induce. My gynae induced cos both him n his partners r going vacation. It's safe to wait till 41-42 weeks gynae's discretion see if u count ur menses accurate or not. Scan has better approximation.

Hi Mreow Mreow. Beeenies

Looks like both ur turn soon. Hang in there!!

Mreow Mreow

Confirmed Bag Burst!!!

Contractions a little weak, Doc mention I'd be given vaginal Pessary later to speed things up.

Cervix check suckssss

MamaDT

Mreow Mreow!!! Push push push!! Jia you!!! So happy an excited for u!!! Yeahhhhhhh!!!

Cherry, hope ur appt went well and have good news!! ^^

Beenies, how's everything?

Allele, tml ur turn!! Good luck!!! Have a great time today!! ^^ heehee

Sze sze

Lovepixie, my girl Kate also abit yellow, suspect jaundice, on the 3rd day morning after born, pediatric doc came to see me on this and advise I top up supplement for her one in the evening and one in the midnight after phototherapy to reduce chance of jaundice. This is to help to dehydrate because my breastmilk not in on third day, it was still colostrum... I did accordingly as the lactation consultant also advised me to follow doc advice, true enough the yellow reduced...
On 4th day, after met the lactation consultant that she confirmed i have milk flow already, can go fully breastfeeding... And blood test shown Kate is reading 7.0 for jaundice, So she is allowed to discharge...
Yesterday morning, the 6th day, brought Kate to see doc again.... No jaundice...

Suggest you try to massage breast and press if any milk flow, if not check with pediatric doc what to do next...

Jia you Mreow Mreow! Push and push!

Lovepixie, I'm so tired of waiting... And by edd which is next week, my baby probably more than 3.5kg already. last week was 3.2kg... shall see today's weight. And I already took 5 days of my leave and if i continue waiting, really waste my this year's leave. :( Shall update u all later!

lovepixie

Hi Sze Sze.
Yes I hv milk flow already since night of 5/12
Doc n
Lactation Nurse suggest I feed every 1-1.5 hr to flush out baby 's jaundice. Also not to eat too much heaty ginger n herb.

Tonight will go check again.

Hi Cherryblossom.
I was scanned with 3.46 kg baby but she came out 3.15kg. There is a high chance scan r over calculating baby's weight so dun worry.
Induce is more painful than natural way.

Hi Mreow Mreow
Jia you. Push push when contraction comes. :)

allele

Mreow mreow: jia you jia you! This must be the moment u have been waiting for! Have a good delivery!

Cherry blossom: Lovepixie is right.. It's still safe that baby has beyond the due date (max till week 42). Depends on what ur gynae's suggests and advise best for u. Either wait for the baby to come out naturally, to be induced or c-sect. My baby was about 2.8-2.9kg when she was in week 39. So i decided to wait for one more week before going for induction. So far no signs of labour, im prepared to be induced on tmr la..

MamaDT: Yes!! Finally the long waited day going to arrive! Cant wait to go for induction on tmr morning at KKH! Look forward to experience the labour pain, contractions and all! Sounds crazy.. Really cant wait to see my baby la!

Sze sze: good to hear that baby has no more jaundice :) Is baby Kate on full breast feeding now? Do u pump to store breastmilk? How's ur c-sect wound recovery? Still pain?

Beenies

Omg so much happenings this week for everyone!

Mreow mreow the day had arrived! Jiayou!!!

Mamadt, still some random spouts of leak when I pee but no contractions. I shall monitor till evening haiz later wasted trip again

momnbaby

Breast feeding mummies.. this book may help you in the great way..

Although it seems natural for mothers to breastfeed, the ability to do it successfully does not necessarily come naturally for some. They still struggle with the practical aspects of breastfeeding, such as how to position and latch the baby, how to stimulate lactation, and how to continue giving breastmilk after they return to work.

Successful Breastfeeding is the result of three decades of observing and working with mothers. Author and veteran lactation consultant Kang Phaik Gaik has painstakingly distilled her extensive breastfeeding know-how and experience into this comprehensive practical guide – to equip mothers to breastfeed their babies successfully, confidently and enjoyably.

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/natural-baby-oil-sleep-wrap-baby-sling-natural-hair-color-lullaby-cd-27-12-a-106564/

MamaDT

Beenies, waterbag leak is quite serious coz ur babies live in it... Suggest u go hospital to monitor babies heartbeat leh... Hmmmm.. And Waterbag burst or leaks is painless one... But it is a sign of labour and shd go hospital de...

Luckystar

wow i was away only one day and so much happpeniung :)

congrats Judith... enjoy being mummy now

Mreow Mreow: the moment has finally come .... all the best !! update soon!!

Beanies : you seems pretty close to... let us know what happens

Momo : so good to see a post from you after so long !! take care, dont see too stressed out..

lovepixie : hope Gwen's jaundice is lesser now. wow !! you are a treasure trove of exp now, right from natural birth without epi , to dealing with piles to the reality of BF.. i learn so much ....
hope things get streamline soon!! hang in there.

Cherryblossom : i am also in the same boat as you, no sign of labour kicking in!! thinking of in duce next week. not sure what to do, i am afraid if i wait too late, then have to do C sect, coz baby may be too big!! She was already 3.1kg in my last exam at 37 weeks. went for accupuncture yesterday to help with natural delivery , make cervix dialte !! made another appt for tuesday after seeing gynae on Monday.

Sze Sze : good to hear that Kate is clear of Jaundice!! that must be a great relief. all the best will the BF

allele: all the best with the induction!! give us the good news soon!! push hard!!

ivb: congrats on the birth of the little one!! i saw the picture on FB, so adorable, and so much hair :)

MamDT : how are you? how is the pelvic pain !! will you be popping anytime soon as well?

MamaDT

Lol Momopeachgal and Luckystar,

I haven't leh... Pelvic more pain... Irregular contractions... I think baby is very much like daddy - on time.... Looks so much like daddy Liao from the scan character also like daddy... Lol not on the negative side though... Haha

Unlike me, I am either early or late and nv on time for appt kind... Haha

Hey Momo, how's breast feeding for u? How's ur confinement? ^^

Luckystar, so are u inducing?

dmummy

just came back from the weekly check up! good news is baby engaged now!!!
bad news is if baby refuse to come out these 2 days, i need to be induced by monday!!! T____T bcoz the water reduce and baby didn't put on weight anymore... feeling so down.. will talk to baby to come out tonight!!!! since she already engaged

MamaDT

Dmummy, did doc says how come water will be reduced and how to have baby gain weight?
Nice that she's engaged! ^^
Sorry I forgt your EDD... When is it suppose to be?

lovepixie

Hi Beenies,
Hope all is well for u. Abt water bag do check regularly see if amniotic is enough for baby cos too low may cause distress like for my colleague her water bag leak for 5 days still no contraction n cervix not even dilate 1cm. Then fetal heartbeat getting low so doc ask her either sign some form to wait or do csect immediately. She was in her 36th weeks only.