Edd dec 2012

lovepixie

Hi momopeachgirl
How r u doing? I was stressed initially n tired from hourly feed. Yes, hourly feed to keep jaundice low.

Hi Luckystar
Natural without epi is achievable but induced without epi is worse according to my gal friend who gave birth 19/11 to her 2nd baby. So try avoid being induced if dont want epi ok?

Actually I almost give up n take epi but when my hubby approach doc n mention epi the gynae very steady n brush him off. I almost yell my hubby why not insist if I had the strength but luckily I conserve energy for the 'push push hand hold buttocks' part. Anyway I'm too late to take epi oso hahahaha according to midwife.
Hi dmummy.
Hang in there ok ? Best of luck ok gtg bf milk monster now

dmummy

@mamaDT: will be due next week 12 12 12 T_T baby not gain weight at all this week, stay at 2.8kg.. water reduce a bit, so gynae quite concern lor... no weight gain yet the water reduce a bit... hopefully baby will come out tonight.. since this morning i have this feeling the whole tummy very hard.. hopefully it's like a beginning of contraction *cross my finger*

jia youuu all mummiess..

how's mreow mreow and bennies doing?? hope both of you got a smoothhh delivery...

Hi mummies! Just back from checkup. :)

Momo, sze, Judith and Lovepixie, enjoy your motherhood! The rest will join u all soon! :)

Allele and Lovepixie, Ya you are right. My gynae still advises me to wait one more week... Haha actually just now my hubby and I were asking whether can induce this weekend.. but he said cos baby still not engaged, if I induced now, chances ending to c-sect is high. Gd news is baby is lower now, and amniotic fluid though lesser than last time, still within normal range. Baby gained front 3.2 to 3.3kg... so he said if on my edd still not out, then it's a good reason to induce or c-sect. Haha I find him quite stick to principle. When I asked can see him on 10th or 11th, he said still not edd leh...

Okay so I will do more pelvic rock and squat and walk this weekend! MamaDT, we jia you ok! Who knows we will meet each other at tmc... even if not zhun zhun also may have chance to bump into each other. :) I think my boy more like me... everything slow slow take own sweet time.

Allele all the best to you for your induction Tmr!

MamaDT and luckystar, we jia you ok! Mamadt, Who knows we will meet each other at tmc... even if not zhun zhun also may have chance to bump into each other. :) I think my boy more like me... everything slow slow take own sweet time.

Mrmeow how are u now? Should have given birth or still in process. :)

Missed out beenies. ..
Have u gone to hospital? Actually I think for water leak better to head to hospital asap if u know it is indeed leaking... if bloody show still can wait a while...

MamaDT

Cherry, don't worry about the weight... At first I was worried about bb's weight remember? Haa then suddenly I saw so many mummy popping out their babies one by one and their babies all got weigh lighter than what was scanned... So I convinced myself not to induce coz of baby's weight but for medical reason (such as overdue, or my condition or baby's distress) heehee
The most if bb is too big, c-sect! *pray for smooth natural delivery!*
Agree, jia you yah! I won't be doing squat haha coz too tiring for my skinny legs :p I will do walking and climb staircase and massage breast (natural induce) haha
Hopefully we meet each other in TMC! Heehee u taking two bedded or single? ;)
Can't wait to gather more bb info next tues appt! ^^

Luckystar and DMummy, jia you also ok!! Hopefully ur baby listens to u! ^^

Beenies and Mreow, how's everything? Remember to post pic of bb and update ur progress when there's chance and not tired ok! ^^ Push Push! Jia you!

ivyb

Hi mummies, here goes my birth story~
my waterbag leaked around 11+ after a movie with my hubby last nite. Felt something not right....when I reached home, I got bloody show on my pad followed by contractions! Upon seeing this I'm quite sure I'm into labour and so w/o much hesitation, my husband n I decided to take our things n go straight to the hospital. The contractions got stronger at abt 10-15mins intervals. We reached the hospital around 1.30am. The nurse changed me and did some usual verification. I was strapped on CTG and after the cervix checked, nurse confirmed I'm abt 2-3cm dilated. She asked if it's my first child and I said yes...and she told us that usually it's 1hr=dilate 1cm normally for 1st baby. We r sort of prepared to wait for another 6/7hrs before I'm fully 10cm dilated.
Guessed we r wrong, The nurse checked my cervix again n announced that I'm 6cm dilated!! Wow that's quite fast considering it's only one hr later! I Struggled with the pain and was quite persistent to go w/o any painkillers! Suddenly I felt quite irritated whenever the nurse came into the delivery room and asked if I want any laughing gas...hahaa i turned down the offer and continued to bear with the pain. It was really quite messy cos I pooed and even pee-ed on the bed during the the stronger contractions! Quite embarrassing but the nurse said it's due to baby's head pushing lower by then thus pressing on my bladder!!
Then within another hr, I'm 8cm dilated, I can sensed the nurse quite surprise and said she will call my gynae when I'm 10cm dilated.

And during the last hr, the pain was really really so bad that I pee-ed even more! I really dont know how I managed the pain, all I could rem was I kept thinking of my mum n told myself if she could go w/o any painkillers so can I! Hahaaa, sound like a competition but it really works!!

I listened to the two nurses n my gynae's instructions on when to push during my contractions and how to breathe... With abt 5 pushes my baby is born at 4.36am! She was pretty alert and yes with head full of dark hair hahaa. Her crying is sure a loud one...and she weighs 2.785kg. We tried the skin to skin but I was sooo tired after all the dramas that I only let her bond with me for abt 10mins before she's being passed to the nurse for cleaning up. :)
Tried to latch her but she keep sleeping so the lactation consultant taught me how to express by hand and syringe her with my colostrum first. Which I think it's really sufficient already....considering my baby needs time to learn how to latch...I'm quite flexible to try out other ways to feed her so long as no formula milk but 100% breastfeeding! :)

I'm officially a mummy! Yeah!!!

Good luck to the rest of the mummies who r still waiting.

Dmummy, we have the same edd... jia you! Where are you delivering?

MamaDT, Ya guess hubby and i too anxious. Shall wait until edd then see how. :) at least we let him wait naturally and Ya if really no choice have to c-sect shall let it be. I'm taking 2-bedded. :)

Wow ivyb so good that you dilate so fast! Hee I just told my hubby if I poo or pee Dont laugh at me... seems quite embarrassing Ya.. gd that u shared. :) congrats mummy! Have a gd rest now!

MamaDT

Wow IvyB, I think urs go quite smoothly leh!!! Cool no pain relief at all!!!
Steady lah u! Dilate so fast and easy pushes! U r definitely good siah!! Congrats on smooth delivery and seeing your baby gal!!! ^^

Sze sze

Lovepixie, Wah!! 1-1.5 hrs?!!! I only feed every 3 hrs during first 3 days in hospital, then now is every 2-4 hrs....
I think you need to drink alot red dates water or any form of liquid to maintain milk flow... My mil cooked green papaya soup & black bean soup for me... You can try that...
And ya... I din eat ginger at all, although my confinement food cooked with ginger...

Allele, thanks... Kate is on full breastfeeding now... I yet express out EBM to store, will only do it when free or too tense... Right now I noticed my right side breast is leaking while feeding left side... Aihz...

stitch removed yesterday, recovery is good... Going back for postnatal check up 6weeks later

MamaDT

Momo, dun b so stress... Try to think of sthg positive.... And rest more instead of getting stress over BM :) guessed Sze Sze gave quite good advice on drinking enuff fluid and the soup.

I hope I can bf too after delivery but I am prepared to give fm if not enuff BM for first 10 days.... At the same time, will try to drink as much fluid and massage breast as possible to simulate EBM / BM :)

Momo, jia you!!! Hugs!

Luckystar

Ivyb ,
Congrats once again !!
Awesome birth story ! Hope I am as lucky as you !! Everything so fast fast . Happy for you .
Learnt something new also , no need to be embarrassed if poo and pee during labour :) valuable lesson !!

Luckystar

Love pixie
I think I follow your advice. I am thinking of not inducing but waiting till my baby ready to come naturally. All the mummies popping on their own are so inspiring . I oso want natural birth without much interference !! Will discuss with hubby today .

lovepixie

Lovepixie, Wah!! 1-1.5 hrs?!!! I only feed every 3 hrs during first 3 days in hospital, then now is every 2-4 hrs....
I think you need to drink alot red dates water or any form of liquid to maintain milk flow... My mil cooked green papaya soup & black bean soup for me... You can try that...
And ya... I din eat ginger at all, although my confinement food cooked with ginger...

Allele, thanks... Kate is on full breastfeeding now... I yet express out EBM to store, will only do it when free or too tense... Right now I noticed my right side breast is leaking while feeding left side... Aihz...

stitch removed yesterday, recovery is good... Going back for postnatal check up 6weeks later
hi Sze Sze

Green papaya soup sounds nice. Do u hv any recipe? My MIL initially forbade me any vege cos its too cold. I took some when she is not seeing. Also bcos jaundice is caused by too heaty I stopped taking ginger n red dates today. Also I have bloody nose due to too much heaty food. I need to take more normal food.

lovepixie

Hi momopeachgirl

Just let baby suck. I was so insistant to build up my BM I hide all the FM away. Also remember baby's belly is d size of a marble ball. So don't worry if frequent feed or not enough. No need to force baby use fm too much.

Hi mummies, this is what I learn from nurses n friends who r experienced mom.
BF is the best way to clear all birubin bcos baby liver can't handle all the task it need to perform yet.

Today I was stressed n gave in to mil feeding baby with grape juice and bathing her with coconut juice to reduce her jaundice. Also to prove baby enough feed I bf both breast for 10 mins each breast n let mil feed fm. Baby won't even suck after 2 sip. This proven the theory abt baby small belly size. And no need FM. I drank her FM up. Waste not want not and yuck.

Since baby liver already have too much birubin to process if top up FM baby's liver need to process the by products of FM. Remember all processed food has byproducts and chemicals. Adult can process it but it be hard for newborn to process it. That's y we also not encouraged to take fast food or canned food during pregnancy.

Sorry for the long post.

xsher

Hi mummies / mummies-to-be, need some advice. I'm in my 39weeks+, cervix already soften and baby is around 3.5kg. So far no sign yet and gynae suggested that I should be induced soon. Am having mixed feelings, to wait for a few more days or just go ahead? Thanks!

allele

Hey mummies.. finally after 40weeks & 6days I'm going to give birth at KKH la! Now going to take a bit of breakfast and prepared to be induced later. Looking forward to experience labour pain, waterbag bursts and all.. haha

dmummy

@cherry: i'm at thomson, how about you? Any sign yet? I cross my finger that baby will come out these 2 days. Don't feel like to be induce.. Yet don't want to delay too long, bcoz of the water a bit reduce ald.

@alele: jia yo mummy!!