Edd dec 2012

Mreow Mreow

Lucky star, my baby Glenn Also like that .. exactly how you described.. try wiping his face with warm towel frequently .. clean his face on n off, might solve it.. my boy's face now is better already after I did that..

Another reason also could b he might b quite heaty? Did u drink enough fluids? Or u took a lot of sesame oil??

Yes Luckystar, Momo is right..
Juz wash and wipe more frequently..
Esp after drinking milk...
Mine also went away after i clean more often.

Its quite common.
Something like Milk rash or Baby acne...
Dont worry! :)

Hahaha, Lovepixie, I know u didnt fart on purpose!
She is must good to remove all ur wind!! :)
Apparently according to my Massage Aunty, I dont have so much wind..

Waa, i feel so shiok. everyday shower once.. :)
Wish I can shower more..
Dont want baby to Smell my Sweaty boob! HAHA :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS mummiesss!! :)
I loveeee this season so much yet i cant go out with Baby to Celebrate with Makan and all..

Haiz.. Abit sian to Stay at Home!!

Momo&MaMaDt, wonder if u gals bought Ham to celebrate!
U both wanted to eat for Xmas right? Hehe

Liza, the nursing room at Airport is actually quite gd!
at Foodcourt, Beside RafflesMedicalGroup!
I like that they have 2 Private lockable cubicles to Bfeed privately!! :)
Outside was nappy change area and some daddies went in to help mummies so I cant possibly expose my boob there!! HAHA
Initially i was scared man.. Cuz baby suddenly cry for milk & its my first tym going to feed her in public...
Besides that one time i did it in the car at Parkway parade!! :p

Luckystar

Love pixie , Mreow Mreow ,
Thanks for the suggestions about the rash. I was quite scared about it. It could be the heatiness in my food as well . I am having a lot of ginger in my food , which is possibly the culprit. Also could be my low intake of water . Must take care of that !!
Thanks so much ladies .

Mreow Mreow
I too had this issue with feeding in public . My Rhea started screaming for milk when I. Took her to her first doctor visit . There was only one nursing room in the clinic and it was occupied. Had such a tough time with a screaming 1 week old baby . Then someone told me there is a nursing room in Gleneagles hospital in the parent craft room. Had to go all the way from thr Gleneagles annex block to the hospital to find the patent craft room with a screaming baby in tow. What an experience !
After that I decided to always carry a bottle of formula when I go out so that I can feed her that in public if I can't find a nursing room .

Sze sze

Merry Christmas to all mummies and babies!!
this morning I great my baby Kate 'merry Christmas' and she smiled!!
Have you done that too ? :)

luckystar, I have same problem with you!! My girl wants to drink when I was in a cab on my way to gleneagle to remove stitches and brought her to see pediatrician!! Luckily I brought a extra nursing cover, so I just use it to cover up and do breastfeed for about 10 mins; that wasn't enough, just manage to shut her mouth up for 1 hr , because when we were waiting to see pediatrician, she cried for milk again!! And there is only 1 nursing room and was occupied by another lady, so fortunately I met this lady during my stay in gleneagle, so we ended up sharing the room to do breastfeeding together and also chitchating... *of course I was then standing while feeding my girl, but I found it ok, well train at home~~

after these, I suggest you might want to bring a nursing cover or shawl... Just in case the nursing room got other 'father'... You can get your husb or whoever with you to help to cover a bit...

i also thinking to bring a bottle, but would like to feed EBM, but I dunno how can I keep the EBM warm...

Luckystar

Hi mummies
With a 10 days old newborn how much would we expect to pump out in one sitting and how long would the sitting last ?
I have milk and am trying to exclusively breast feed. But when I pump the volume seems very less.

MamaDT

Hello Mummies,

I think fm is my bb's main course and my BM is his appetizer, dessert and comfort drink when he is feeling cranky... Lol I can only pump out about 30-40ml now.. My bb drinks about 60-80ml now he is 14th day. :)
I am ok as long as he poos and pee and is growing well :)

Momo, I also lost my appetitie on ham... Have been eating the confinement food until I so scared already! And the food are so heaty!!!
Actually I also touch water and didnt wear socks, cardi and wear sleeveless clothes since first day i reached home. But other than that I am trying to keep to confinement rules as much as possible... I tried not to wash hair for at least 7 days from delivery though coz I always gana headache pre-preg so abit scared that the myth about hair wash immediately after delivery will cause future headaches...

Did u gals keep lying on the bed to rest ur back? Aiyo I dunno what is the reason behind for this leh but I didn't follow as well...

My bb just dropped his cord today! Heehee

DMummy, the clip in hospital is meant to b removed the day ur bb discharged. It's normal yah :)

Mreow Mreow

Merry christmasssss!! :)

Mamadt,
My aunties also ko asking me to lie on bed to rest.
They say it's to prevent future back ache!!

Hehe, I'm not following Confinement rules at all.
Everyday drink cold drinks and ive been gg out too!

Went to tamp Mall wif Hubby today! :p

Luckystar

Luckystar, what u mean by sitting? By the way, I only pump out my milk and each time about 80 - 100ml.. the first pump is always the most n its about 160ml both breasts..

MamaDT, haha same.. r u still direct latch ur baby? I m mixing ebm and FM.. wa.. my baby is very hard to handle .. keep crying... :( and I din rest on my back because I have no chance to.. because I need to take care of baby
Hi momo
By sitting I mean 1 pumping session. How long do you pump in one session ? How many minutes? And when do u know it is time to stop?

lovepixie

Hi Sze Sze
I found a way to bring fbm and keep it warm while going out. Been practicing since I need to bring baby back to hometown till CNY.
You need:
Thermos
Cooler bag with ice for FBM

The method is buy wide mouth food jar hot normal thermos that fit ur bottle size. Fill boiling water in it first but when u use it should be cooled down a little ba.
Bring fbm in ice pack/ dry ice cooler bag.

Once baby finish u can use ur hot water to rinse the bottle and refill at nursing room lo

Tada-

A bit too much to bring ya? My cooler bag oso I put one manual pump in case need to pump in car n baby not out yet.

Mreow Mreow

My gal is down wif flu!!! :(

She caught it from her dad.

Haiz.
Heart so pain seeing her cough, sneeze, running nose and congested breathing... :(

Sigh. I expected babies to fall sick alot of times but I juz didn't expect mine to come so fast..

Wanna punch my Hubby for spreading his germs!! :p

Only thing glad is that at least she's still feeding...

Gg bring her to see Doc later.

allele

Hi! It has been quite a while I didnt check in to this forum la.. Spent most of the time with my baby and just log on to FB once in a while.
Hope u all coping well with the new life as a mummy!

Im currently give my baby on both breast & formula milk feedings. Most of the time is on breastmilk (latch on) coz my baby kinda resist milk bottle, which kinda leave me confused coz I only heard of babies refuse direct latch on but not milk bottle. She will use her tongue to push away the teat and cry for my breast milk. Beh tahan.. haha
Any mummies experience this?

And also my baby is really a farting queen! She always make the unhappy sound with the face turned so red.. kinda like 'gook sai' like that then fart. One day can happen up to 10 times or even more. Me and hubby sometimes really cant stop from laughing out loud. But at the same time thinking how to reduce the wind in her stomach. Any tips?

allele

Hi Momo.. ya i did tried to apply ruyi oil after bath and occasionally between diaper change. Still she farts a lot.. I heard of the gripe water thing but never try before. Perhaps I shall give my baby a try coz whenever she wants to fart she will transform into The Hulk.. pretty scary. :p

My baby too cry lesser whenever my mother in law carries her. My MIL will talk to her and it seems like with some sort of magical soothing effect, my baby feels so calm when she is carried by my MIL. Probably baby can sense that we all as new mothers feel pretty tensed whenever we hear our baby crying. Now im trying to learn from my MIL, try to talk to my baby when she cries. Hope it works.. :)

allele

Mreow mreow.. I undertstd how u feel. I was pretty uncomfortable too when I brought baby for first jaundice check up at polyclinic. Imagine so many bacteria and viruses spreading.. so biohazardous! Really worried that the fragile baby might caught infection.

I hope ur baby will recover soon. At the mean time perhaps u might want ur hubby to wear facial mask to prevent the spreadings? This is to protect u and baby too.
Do regular handwashings as well! Take care!

allele

I have a question.. are we allowed to breastfeed our baby in the public (with cover) if we are not able to find a nursing room?
Will it offend some ppl?

lovepixie

Hi momopeachgirl

I dare not bathe baby yet but hv to start these few days. My hands still weak dunno why

Try whistling to baby to calm baby down or if u have a fake water feature like waterfall let baby hear that will calm baby down. I saw in a YouTube a Japanese method to put some water in ur mouth n make the sound by sucking air gurgling will immediately calm baby down. I find the link n pm u later

Luckystar

Allele
Your account of baby farting is really hilarious !!
My baby is also farting queen ! And sometimes it is really smelly fart !! I wonder how her fart gets so smelly , when , all that she eats is breast milk , and sometimes formula. Have you tried to massage her tummy with Ru Yi oil. I tried that for my baby . Also try to include ginger in your diet. Ginger tea or dry ginger in food helps to reduce gas for us.

Mreow Mreow
So sorry to hear about your baby getting flu. Hope she gets well soon. Try not to get the flu yourself , coz you are breast feeding .
What does the doctor say ?

Momo
Thanks for your tips on the pumping :)

Luckystar

Hi Momo
Have you tried the 5S method to calm the baby ?
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddRkI5wVIqQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sze sze

Momo, I totally agreed!! I had the same like you... It is very hard for me to calm my girl into sleep without breastfeed her...
everytime when I carry her, she starts looking for 'nipple', even she is not hungry at all!!
Sometime she sudden cried out loudly from sleep, when I try to calm her down, she still crying... The my mil take over, slowly she stopped and continue sleep....
super low morale de loh!! Now I worry after confinement, my mil gone back to her house, I dunno if I can handle it whole day and nights... I scare I will go crazy soon...

i still dunno how much is my girl milk intake each time, bcos I fully latch her... I plan to intro bottle in two weeks time... Going to store my EBM now onwards....
I tried latch one side, pump out one side which manage to pump 60ml for one side....

And I haven got the chance to bathe my baby girl.... She is so small and soft... I abit scare actually...

looking forward for the end of confinement, which due by this Friday!!! I want to take a good shower on sat!!!
Wahahaha~~ :)

dmummy

@mama: thanks!! Haha just so worried why it drops off... The umbilical cord finally drop at day 11!!! Yeahh

@mummies: i only manage to pump 60ml both breast after latch on! Sometimes only manage to get 20ml :( my pump abit strangeee!!! I can express more than 20ml each breast using hand! One day i feel so stressfull hahaha until want to cry becoz can't even pump more than 20ml. For now i'm so lazy to pump haha.... Did you guys pump after direct latch on?