Edd dec 2012

lovepixie

I'm here too. Hehe

Pumping ... Yay maintain 5 oz.

My way of carrying Gwen is let her sit with the back facing n touching my body. Or let her head over shoulder n support back n bum.

Anyone try carrier wraps ? It helps. Boba or moby. Also SCS or Ringsling. Google it.

Mreow Mreow

Lovepixie,
Mine is boba carrier. Not the same as wrap right?

Babe, the other tym I pump then I latch, nipple pain when baby suckle!

Then I nv pump again! Scared pain le

tcmy

Hi mummies! Long time no see! Been MIA for a few days..

Hows everyone doing?

Mummies, do u know any good counseller that can help of post natal depression??

tcmy

Momo.. Clara is great now.. though experiencing the same thing as Glenn, hard to burp after meals. She can sleep on her own now.. after she last meal, she will sleep till 7am for next meal. Im letting her sleep in her own cot with 2 chimes hanging beside her so she can move her hands n play with it.. till shes tired, n fall asleep on her own.. but sometimes she will still cry n want me to cuddle her to sleep. Its like a routine now, every night i'll sing to her to sleep..

How do Glenn sleep? Will he tilt his head one side to sleep? Im worried, Clara loved to sleep on her right.. now the right part of her head is flat, n refuse to sleep on her left. How?? What to do, coz its quite obvious that her head has a irregular shape now.. by adjusting the pillow n only let her sleep on her left?

Yes, need information on counsellers that help pple on depression.. sad to say, i was once like this.. stopped medication few years back, tried to control.. but these days its getting worse.. *that* feeling keep coming.. thats y.. but the problem doesnt lies on Clara.. instead, by looking at Clara's smile.. makes me feel much better..

lovepixie

Yo, back again.
Mreow I guess u pump too hard le. Try convert it to manual n c. U can control the strength ma. I remember u say nipple too big so u should try a diff size. Unfortunately only Medela, spectra, has bigger breastshield for pumps. Getting it online or overseas is much cheaper.

Momo, dun worry any Glenn 's weight. It might be due to reverse cycling. Ask your paed n c.

Mummies y u all run here no go our fb group liao hahah.

Mreow Mreow

Danika is first put on bouncer after her milk to self-entertain.
When she makes 1st cry half hr later, means have to play with her.

2nd cry means she wanna be carried.
3rd cry means carried & walked!
Then she might fall asleep.
If she cries while walked, she wants milk.
Thn if I feed her lying down at this point, she will KO.

Everything is in stages with her!
Muz progress stage by stage!

Momo, its been some time since she fell asleep on her own.
Last week only fell asleep once in her own after afternoon milk. After I put her down when she's drowsy but awake.

Yes Momo, muz walk after being carried.
She will only let u sit for a while.
When she feels bored, I have to carry her n b on d move!
Glenn is ok with u juz sitting all d way ah?

There was once or twice no matter how I carried she will fuss.
This only happens at night after 10pm.
Cuz she's sleepy n cranky as I kept her awake.
I used to kp her awake till 12mn. Haha.
So that she'll sleep thru.

Anyway during those 2 times, my mum will
Take over carrying her & she will be soothed almost in a short while.
Its lk danika can smell me and wants to suckle.

Anyway now not much cuz her bedtime I change to 10pm.
So she doesnt get overtired.

U mentioned that u ever get very stressed with glenn cuz he kp crying that u juz leave him alone & u tk a breather right?

My mum is the one who carries her & walk.
MIL is the one who carry, shake & rock but nv walk.
Haiz.
Sometimes difficult. ...
Cant say anything also .

Hmm,
My hubby wants me to tk care of baby & not work.
Cuz he thinks mothers are the best person to look after their child.
So I think
Ive decided not to go back to flying!
Sacrifice dual income!!!

Mreow Mreow

Momo, these days jialat.

She can only fall a sleep either through carrying & walk,
oR directly sleeping after Bfeed lying down.

2nd method most effective. Usually Will KO.
1st method, she might still wake after putting her down.

Haiz. .. yours?

That's y tk care ourselves better, we train baby our way.
Even though might b more tiring.

Docs advise to put baby down/stop singing/stop rocking when they are drowsy,
Not 100% asleep so that they learn to sleep on their own.

Mreow Mreow

My dear!
I was using manual that tym!
Didn't wanna try auto cux scared! Haha!

Omg. I dun even know if nipple size is d problem or im simply not used to it and overthinking .
Sian
Wish I can pump wif ease & not feel pain.

Tcmy,
I do hope u are feeling better.
Ive not been in ur shoes but I know of ppl who had post natal-D.
Please do take care & don't think so much?
Haiz...
Is ur hubby not supportive enough?
Sometimes I think hubbies are to blame if mummies get post natal-D.

Luckystar

Tcmy
Hang in there !! Feel free to vent on this forum if things get too much . You need to be physically and mentally strong for your Clara's sake.

Mreow
I salute you to be able to take such a big decision to quit your job for the sake of your baby !! My hubby also wants me to quit , but somehow I just can't get myself to doing it !! :)

About rocking , my Rhea is getting into a bad habbit of wanting to be carried and walk about all the time !! Else she will cry so bad that my heart melts

Mreow Mreow

Yes lucky star,
A big decision.

Actually it isnt that tough a decision for me.
Juz a small sacrifice that I think I can live with...

If not I have to pass to my mum or inlaws to tk care, which I'd rather not. ..

So who's gg to look after Rhea?

Oh ya, my gal also insists on being carried & walked !

lovepixie

Mreow. U made a big sacrifice to your career. Wish I can do that too. My mum helps take care when I work n I only get to see baby in weekends. I already miss her

Sze sze

Tcmy, feel free to chat with us over here.. We always be with you...

Mreow, good that you have made up your mind...
I am still in dilemma....
Signz...
I dont't mind quit to take care Kate, but I feel very bored staying at home...
And if quit I still need to serve notice, still got to put Kate to infancy care or nanny...

Last edited:

Mreow Mreow

He he.

The only thing that needs to be sacrificed is money.
Hmm, cuz I'd rather not my inlaws tk care of her!

Szesze,
I can still have fun wif baby, dont have to stay home all d time. Haha.
But when u work u will eventually feel bored too, and will rather b home wif baby. Trust me. Haha!
Even if u enjoy outside, u can nv fully enjoy unless baby is within ur reach.
I duno bout u but I'll constantly wonder if baby is ok & wad she's doing with her caregiver!(Mum/inlaws)

So when I go out, id rather bring her along.
Though it might be more trouble some.

My job, if I go bk, will involve me being overseas not being home for many days up to 8 In a stretch.

I really don't want baby to be close to anyone else other than hubby or me!! :(
Its this thought that roughly help me mk my decision...

Will try it out for a yr first.
If financially gets very tough for hubby,
I'll get a ground jobat least can come bk every day

lizasaifi

Hello mummies! Been some time since I came here. Been really busy as I am back at work since last Saturday n princess is looked after by my mom when I'm at work. It was so difficult to leave her at hm n go to work dat first day. Called my mom every hr. Lolz since I work shifts I'm worried dat I mite miss important milestones n princess will grow up too fast since I wun be able to be wif her 24/7.

Mreow, I wish I can quit my job n be SAHM like u. But financially it's not feasible for me n hubby right now. Pity my mom too cuz now she wun have much freedom to go anywhere she wants to anytime. For me I rather have my own mom to look after princess than strangers. Looking forward to this weekend as I'm on leave n gonna spend quality time wif princess.

By d way mummies, u all going to d Baby Care festival this weekend? I'm going either on Saturday or Sunday. Most probably Sunday as Saturday has an event for baby to attend. :) wanna get a baby carrier but not sure which one is gd. Which one did u mummies buy? I ever read dat d carrier has to be ergonomic n baby has to sit in a certain way so dat baby's spine will not be affected. Any suggestions? :D TIA!

Luckystar

Liza you are so lucky to have your mum around to help out with baby. I wish I had my mum in Sg . I have to leave my Rhea at infant care when I join work.

Luckystar

Boot , it is good that u n ur hubby could mutually agree on you decision to quit. For me , hubs wants me to quit, but I don't wanna, so it is like my decision alone. Quite a difficult burden to bear . But I need to have my financial independence and so have to just go with it.

Btw mummies, any good infant care to recommend in CBD area?

Mreow Mreow

Yes liza,
Me too. I dont wanna miss her developmental stages and milestones!
Im still bfeeding, really feel d bond man.
When she's not with me, I really kp thinking bout her, though I try not to..
Haha.
Try to let go abit but cannot. Hehe.
Think if I go back flying I'll sure cry. Haha!

Liza, did ur inlaws offer to look after baby?

Luckystar, actually financial independence is important to me too!!!
Juz that now, priority wise, its tied with my baby, and perhaps, ranked juz a little lower than my baby! Haha

lizasaifi

Mreow, unfortunately my mom in law passed away when hubby n I were still engaged. :( my dad in law living wif my sis in law who herself has 3 kids. So I rather have my mom to take care of Nurin. Not really close to my sis in law n family too as I find dat her kids are too loud n can be quite rude at times.

I mite start to look for another job soon. An office hr job hopefully so I do not have to work shifts anymore n limit d time I have wif my baby. It's not dat I dun love my present job but now dat I have a baby time is very crucial.

Mreow Mreow

Yep. If I can choose I'd rather my mum tk care of my baby too :)

What kinda job r u looking for liza?

Do u know any jobs that are work
from home? :)

xeviouss

Hi Mreow, I managed to book Kak Ayu. She told me the number u gave me is her mum, who speaks little English. Now we know it's a mother and daughter team, not a LAN Line with a team of masseuse.

Kak Ayu is very cheerful over the phone. She sounds young too, did she tell u her age? She even commented my edd is her son's bday. Haha..