EDD Dec 2014

Joeychen85

Hmmm... when im on my 2nd trimester , gynae ask about did my family member have it ? So i told her tat my dad have it .. so they give me drink a cup of sweet drink , den test blood test . Den mention tat i have it .. so nid to control my diet .. but no nid to same as others , tk d test every day n nid to record dwn .. i jus do diet control .. no nid to buy or rent d machine for daily check.. den after my labour , i did d sweet drink test again.. den find out its just d pregnancy give me tis condition .. so pray hard tat tis round i dun have too.. waiting for 2nd trimester to test .. tis round my 2nd n last pregnancy .. lol

sunshinewen

That's the OGTT to see if you have diabetes. Anyway, congrats and great that you got married early and going to have two kids before your 30s :)

berkland

Hello everyone!

I'm a first time mummy-to-be, expecting our little one in Dec (I think!). :p I haven't seen a gynae yet but have made an appointment for 7 May. I'm actually not sure how far along I am now...some calculators say I am 5+ weeks while others think I am 3+ weeks. LOL! But I'm excited nonetheless and looking forward to seeing the gynae to get some confirmation. I don't think I have any obvious symptoms yet so fingers crossed. :)

Hello all!
I am a mummy from 2013 and my girl will be turning 1 soon on 07 May! I am here to read up as I am hoping for a number 2, want to keep up with those preggie moods. haha at the same time, would be really happy to share my experiences! Feel free to contact me if you have any pressing questions but aint getting any advice elsewhere. You can email me at mummypris13@gmail.com. Alternatively, drop by at my blog and-so-mummy-says.blogspot.sg to read up as I share pretty randomly about confinement, nursing bottles,pretty much anything which I thought would be useful for new mummies to know and for myself to remember. Hope it helps!

With Love,
Mummy Pris
mummypris13@gmail.com
and-so-mummy-says.blogspot.sg

Joeychen85

Sunshinewen

Thanks you . Just hopefully able to give birth early . So able to slim dwn early..

Berkland
Congrats to u , so when is ur last mense date? If ur 3weeks , i tin properly ur due date shld b early jan . But if is 5 weeks , shld b late dec . Im visitng my gynae on may 7th too.. but in kkh.. which hospital ur goin?

berkland

Thanks Joeychen85! :) First date of my last period was 18 Mar so supposedly, I'll be having a Christmas baby. :) I'm heading to TMC, to see a gynae my friend recommended so not sure what to expect as well.

And not sure if this is a silly question but is anyone here already showing a baby bump? My tummy has gotten pretty big, as in I wouldn't think a 5-week pregnancy will show already. I can't even suck it in! Initially we didn't intend to tell anyone yet until I guess after the 1st trimester but given the rate that my belly is showing, I doubt we can keep it a secret much longer! Haha! Just hoping that there is nothing wrong though!

Joeychen85

Berkland

Lol , this my #2 , my tummy some how look like im 3 to 4 mths pregnant.. when i havin my #1 , it only show up when im 5 mths lo.. mayb give birth b4 , so tummy quite loose .. lol.. well mostly in 5 weeks cant really c any tin.. must depend on how gynae scan ur tummy .. my gynae told me only sac can b seen when im 6 weeks.. so it jus depend... like my #1 i can c him in d sac when im 6 weeks +..weird is #2 only sac at d moment.. btw u can jus cal me joey ; ) ... joeychen85 .. too long.. lol..

Happy13

Hi ladies, I just used my first test kit n tested positive. Pretty sure I'm considered 4 week preggy counting from my last mense.. Still awake at this hour cos I can't get over the excitement:) I'm also new to this site.
yup I was feeling tired last two weeks n visiting the toilet very frequently.
gonna make an appt for 2-3 weeks from now...

Do you guys believe in Chinese med supplement for prenatal?
what about Tui Na for prenatal?

berkland

Thanks Joey! I'm definitely looking forward to the first gynae visit! :)

Helllooo & congrats Happy13! I never thought about Chinese med supplement or tui na...although I haven't even told my parents or inlaws yet so pretty sure they will add their 2 cents worth when the time comes. My baby will be the first grandchild on both sides of the family so things should be interesting! lol!

Joeychen85

Congrats happy 13 ... o i dun believe in chinese med.. specially tui na.. cos if nt skillful .. den will b sorry.. tats wat i tin la.. cos 1st child ma .. for u.. so u shld b more extra careful.. when im having 1st child.. always scare ppl knock on me.. den kip on staring ppl.. lol... too excited .. so over react.. lol.. nw having 2nd , also dun really dare to let ppl knock on me.. except my boy.. some time secretly cme near me n hit my tummy.. tin he dun like his lil bro or sis.. lol..

imadad

hi everyone! not sure if I'm the only father here. anyways, went to the gynae last week and confirmed my wife is 3-4 weeks pregnant. This would be our 2nd child. However, bb too small so no heartbeat yet. EDD 22nd December based on my wife's last period. But gynae says looking at the size, likely will be afew days later, like Christmas or Christmas eve instead.

The 1st pregnancy had quite afew unexpected problems. My wife had gestational diabetes (thank goodness it didn't become permanent, had to poke her finger before and after every meal to test) and my son was 6 weeks premature and was born 1.9kg. Praying it doesn't happen again..

btw, we're going to Dr Douglas Ong who has a night clinic at Bt Timah Plaza. Really great doctor, would recommend him.

Joeychen85

Hi @imadad

I did have gestational diabetes before too... hopefully tis round i doesnt have it ..mine not too high , so jus nid to control my diet . No nid to poke my finger to check my sugar lvl . Jus once in a while when i go check up . Base on my last mense date.. edd shld b early dec .. or mayb late nov.. but shld b 4th dec..

berkland

i'm thinking of looking for a confinement nanny after my first gynae visit although i've also been thinking about whether I think there is a need to have confinement at all actually. Your thoughts?

imadad

I used a confinement nanny for my first child. She will cook for mummy, bathe, and feed baby. If you're inexperienced with babies, you might like to have a confinement nanny to guide you.

Of course, confinement nannies will bring their own problems. Best to discuss properly what her services provide. My confinement nanny would wake up at night to feed baby every 3 hours. But I know some nannies won't do that.

My wife didn't want to eat my confinement nanny's food. She say to fatty and too much ginger. The nanny wouldn't give in either, saying this is traditional confinement food, it's good for her. In the end, I had to eat most of the food when the nanny was not looking. Then sneak other types of food into the bedroom for my wife

Joeychen85

Actually wat did d confinement lady say was rite .. shld eat those traditional fd for confinement .. its so call a tonic for d body immune system.. if any how eat , will cos tummy to b too much wind in it.. den future will b here pain there pain.. confinement lady is a must , but if your mum or mil able to help.. den u can save much .. like my mil will b helping me on confinement.. but of cos la.. if there any tin unhappy.. i cant mention much.. like my mil love to expose all fd on d floor ... doesnt kip it when doing sweeping or mopping.. den all fd will b full of dust.. haiz.. experience once.. very sian.. but due to tis is my #2 , cant choose either..

iDeals

Got a Brand New Sealed in Box Avent Double Electric Comfort, selling at $388, way lower than retail price at $749. PM me if interested.