EDD December 2013

visualspells

I just went for my gynae appt yesterday! And *drumroll* my little boy has gone head down! :D

That means I no longer require a scheduled c-section and his EDD is back to Xmas daaay! I totally got a shock when the doc said that he has wiggled down with his big head and weighs at 2.8kg at 35 weeks! So so happy!

@chocoholic, hopefully your little one does turn down soon too! :)

phoebe84

@camcam: gorgeous shoots !!

@visualspells: that's good news for u! And await for ur Xmas baby!!:)

@lilmissy: sounds good that the achy disappears :)

LilMissy

went for gynae appt this afternoon. Dilation at 1.5cm.. :) lol..tick tock tick tock....really just a waiting game now..

btw, anybody's MIL happen to work in a bookstore at Funan? LoL..

LilMissy

@lilmissy: wow 1.5 cm dilated already! so did ur gynae say if will deliver these few days?
nope, but she's just gonna see me in another week. LOL..i asked her, how long will it take, the whole process before i actually go into labour. she said it depends and first child is normally longer. but she did say it cud be anytime. baby is like low, low, low, low...LOL!

phoebe84

That's y u are feeling back ache those few days. It's contractions..

Today my tummy feel weird.. Frequent tightening of tummy and cramps lower abdomen and back..
But now only 36w..
Should b just BH kicks..

LilMissy

@phoebe84: doesnt quite sound like BH to me....my gynae just said one of the mummies gave birth yesterday at 36W! When's ur next check? for u all u noe u might be all ready for labour soon!

Wow everybody's getting so excited! Haha! But it's true that normally it takes quite awhile when it's the first baby.. You could be stuck at 1.5cm for days! Haha! Jiayou!

Hubby and I wanna wait for things to happen naturally this time.. But now I'm a little confused about what to do.. Because my last checkup which was three days back, my gynae advised me to check in by Sunday and he can break the water bag to speed up the birth.. So he did not arrange for any follow up for next week.. Now I'm wondering if I should make another appointment to see him next week or just wait till I go into labour and that's it.. :/ hmmm.. And my gynae is pretty rigid anyway, he's very experienced but if I told him I wanted to wait, he would definitely be against the idea and encourage me to induce since it's technically full term already.. Bleeeeeah.

By by the way any mummies having difficulty finding a correct sleeping position? Apart from my horrible insomnia recently, I just can't find a proper position to lie down properly without feeling super uncomfortable or pain.. -.- it's soooo annoying..

phoebe84

I will try to "sleep" on my left. But end up will neck ache like hell..
Waking up these days to pee.. Lower body ache and cramps too.. Boohoo..

@camcam: hmm u might wanna call up ur Gynae later this morning to discuss since he already suggest if doesn't pop by Sunday , he is gonna induce u.

@lilmissy: it's next Friday 29/11 when it's full 37w..
this is my 2nd one but I still panic lol & I fear it's really earlier than 37w.. I still need to work this coming Monday!

Muffie

camcam: i have to switch my sleeping position every 2 hrs cause my legs will have cramps.. :( doesnt matter whether i sleep on the left or right.. i can also feel the pelvic pressure when i switch sleeping positions.

visualspells

went for gynae appt this afternoon. Dilation at 1.5cm.. :) lol..tick tock tick tock....really just a waiting game now..

btw, anybody's mother in law happen to work in a bookstore at Funan? LoL..

Hey Missy! I think that's got to be my overly-concerned mother-in-law working there.. Hahahaha, was she asking many questions about your pregnancy? :001_302:

LilMissy

Hey Missy! I think that's got to be my overly-concerned mother-in-law working there.. Hahahaha, was she asking many questions about your pregnancy? :001_302:
LoL! It was quite amusing. I went there yesterday after my gynae appt and she was following me throughout and spoke to me about my pregnancy, and how she thought I was due in Jan coz i was walking like speedy gonzales. What made me suspect that her dg-in-law was you was because she mentioned that her dg-in-law's baby just turned and will be due for xmas, and not for c-sect anymore. And in my head, i was thinking maybe it could be you..aha! What a coincident! She was quite cute lah..friendly lady she is. haha! And there she was telling my hubby, "wah..your wife still walking around when she is due soon.." :p and i told my hubby, i think she could be the MIL of one of the mummies..haha!

LilMissy

i must be one of the lucky mummies who has little disruption at night. hang on in there mummy! it's the last lap..

but yah @camcam, sleep on ur side, it will be better. :)

Oh gosh.. I've tried sleeping on my sides too, it's terrible.. Baby keeps jabbing at my ribs I can barely lie down without yelping suddenly in pain.. These few nights I just sit up against the wall and sleep.. Pffft.

anyway I'm getting quite terrified about going epidural-less.. I was talking to a few mummies I know who went the all natural way.. They said contractions are bearable but the absolute worst part is when you push the baby out and you can feel it tear below.. :/ they described it as excruciating.. Now I'm super afraid. Aaaargh.

LilMissy

@welshia: gynae can only tell u if u are dilated if she 'pokes' you. Lol...

@camcam: baby sometimes poke me too, den i keep changing side..den i purposely toss n turn..i think baby also gives up..

i think i'm starting to have back contractions...