EDD December 2013

Camcam: yes u sho trip propping ur feet up at nite.. and also try to stretch your calves/ thighs muscles before sleeping too.. or wear socks if u are sleeping in air conditioned room.. i think should help.. :)

Welshia: getting a CL may be costly.. usually abt $2K+ for 28 days.. so if $$ is a concern, mayb can ask ur mom for help instead? can get the recipe online or in bookshop.. can shower and eat normally too if u dun believe in confinement.. but usually with elderly in the house, they may expect you to go thru the confinement practice (eg. no shower, no cold drinks/food, cannot have fans etc).

btw, when are u working mummies planning to start leave? I thinking only abt a wk b4 EDD? is it normal? alot of ppl asking me why dun go off earlier.. hmm

Good morning mummies, you can add me on FB too. :) To save your time trying to find me, here's the link.

From what I know. after giving birth, we should avoid wind from blowing at us (to prevent rheumatism) and etc. It's up to individual preference (your hubby and your family included) on whether one should have confinement or not. For me, my hubby and my mom are very traditional for such stuffs, so both of them insist that i MUST HAVE confinement. But lucky for me, my mom will be doing the confinement for me. My aunt passed her a confinement recipe book for her to follow.

ewen

Maybe they just wanna find out which ward you are choosing. Need to prebook. My doc nv give me anything. Maybe I am too early.

LilMissy

@chocoholic: i'm planning to take leave one week prior to EDD as well. i dowan to waste my leave, and I heard from my colleague who took three weeks prior to EDD, she was bored to death..lol! but whether or not i will pop earlier is unknown..haha

faith86

camcam: I have been having heartburn recently too! have been trying to avoid chilli and eating too full to minimize the heartburn. Ya! agree that it's a horrible feeling lo...
You can try propping you feet up to avoid cramps. I have been propping my legs with 2 pillows. It really helps :)

Welshia: I guess sleeping in air-con room during confinement room is ok as long as it doesnt blow onto you directly. But I know the elders say that fan is a strict no-no.

chocoholic: I'm also planning to take 1 week before my edd. taking too early will be super boring lo.

Last edited:

ewen

LilMissy:829367 said:
@chocoholic: i'm planning to take leave one week prior to EDD as well. i dowan to waste my leave, and I heard from my colleague who took three weeks prior to EDD, she was bored to death..lol! but whether or not i will pop earlier is unknown..haha
Lil missy, you dint feel tired? I am only 27 weeks and I feel sleepy & breathless after walking fir awhile. Maybe not enough exercise..

@LilMissy & @chocoholic: I'm taking annual leave 2 weeks before my EDD. Hopefully I don't pop before my leave starts.

@ewen: Wow! Going for 3 straight days?! Haha. And yes, I totally agree with you, it's better to separate MIL and own mom to avoid any unnecessary conflict, unless they have always been getting along very well. :p Anyway, I heard from my colleague that the fair will be SUPER DUPER crowded especially on weekend. So be careful ya. :)

LilMissy

Lil missy, you dint feel tired? I am only 27 weeks and I feel sleepy & breathless after walking fir awhile. Maybe not enough exercise..
i'm quite ok.. :) i have always been a 'walker'..lol.....and i walk quite a bit at work too....so far, i'm quite ok.....unless i keep climbing stairs, then i'll pant super hard...haha! but my fren who just gave birth recently said that my breathing is getting much heavier....

Last edited:

visualspells

Hi Mummies! I'm a first time MTB and expecting my bouncy boy on Xmas day. :)
Anyone staying at Mount Alvenia during that week?

Also, anyone started prenatal classes? My hubby is getting excited watching delivery videos on youtube (-__-")

selp

Mine is PeiPei Pei
I have added some of you!
Prenatal lessons are fun and informative and good for husbands to attend too.
I'm thinking of skipping private cord blood banking.
I'm donating my bb's cord blood to SCBB... My hubby is supportive of this.
But I'm a little unsure...

Who's donating to SCBB?

I am still in a dillemma for the cord banking too.. dunno whether to donate or to bank privately too.. :(

Will be attending the pregnancy classes starting in Oct! :) So exciting!

@selp: Yep, my hubby will definitely be joining me for the prenatal lessons. He's super excited to be a dad (it's our first child). And same as you, I'm skipping private cord blood banking (too expensive) and will be donating to the public one. But I'm not sure if it's called SCBB.