EDD December 2013

Kokura

Any mummies here bought their confinement herbs already??? Where did u buy them from? I am thinking of getting them from Chinatown instead as it is more convenient .
And there are many herbal shops there. But I do not know if they are cheaper than the shops at Bugis. Any mummies care to comment??? ^.^

Kokura

I am still suffering from excessive burping... On some days it can get so bad that before I can even finish the last bite of food on my plate, I start to burp. And burp. And burp further still. And I continue burping while having my shower. Haha! I think if I were to collect all the gas I produce, it will be enough to lift off a hot air balloon???:embarrassed:
Any mummies burping madly like me? Help..........

Welshia

Thanks for all the useful advices. Do add me up on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/WelshiaTan :D
I guess my mom and mil will help me out with the confinement .

Hmm. Can I know how many sets of clothing , mittens , booties , hats should I prepare for my newborn? My mom said one day he might need to change quite a few clothing or mittens if it gets dirty. But afraid of buying too much clothing and stuffs as baby grow super fast.
How many sets are sufficient for a day? :D

Norzulfa

Hi Mummies!

where do u think i should sign up for prenatal classes?
From the hospital that we are going to be delivered?
Or is there any external classes that we could attend to?

So far have anyone experience braxton hicks?
I've got mine last night and it was pretty uncomfortable.
I thought it was jus be the tightening of the stomach nut
little did i know i feel like cramp-like down there.

I get breathless easily when I lied down. Its like i could
faint anytime in my sleeps.

Anyway, I dont intend to go for any leave till i'm ready to push! lol..
I hope i dont ended up giving birth at my workplace.
But let see whats the doctor's advice on that.

Anyone else have gotten back ur woes of morning sickness? i'm on my 28th week
and all these symptoms are back to haunt me. I feel so good in my 2nd trimester.
How do the body even know its already in the 3rd trim. lol!
Hope to see u ladies out there for the baby fair! Im already so excited
listing down on what to buy!

LilMissy

i am still suffering from excessive burping... On some days it can get so bad that before i can even finish the last bite of food on my plate, i start to burp. And burp. And burp further still. And i continue burping while having my shower. Haha! I think if i were to collect all the gas i produce, it will be enough to lift off a hot air balloon???:embarrassed:
Any mummies burping madly like me? Help..........

hot air balloon?? Lol.....

@Kokura: Hahaha, I can totally understand how you feel. I'm burping like mad too and sometimes they are nasty and so loud that I'm so embarrassed even if I burped in front of my hubby. Worst is, it's sooooo hard to try to suppress the burp when i'm in the office (especially one that is as quiet as a cemetery). :p

@Welshia: I'm a 1st time mom, but here's what I have: ~10 sets of clothings, ~7 sets of mittens and booties and 3 hats (don't think i'll be putting the hat on my BB when he's at home, I'll only use it when we go out and on the 1st day we are discharge from the hospital).

@Norzulfa: Here's my reply:

I signed up mine at the hospital that I'll be delivering. The classes are organized by Parentcraft.

Yes, I have been experiencing braxton hicks and the first one i had was when I was between 25 - 26 weeks.

Did you lie flat on your back? Or were you experiencing this when you're lying at an angle? At this stage, we should not be lying flat on our back because of the weight of the womb it presses against us and would cause a lot of discomfort and can restrict blood from flowing properly.

Haha. You're brave! I've already applied 2 weeks of leave prior to my EDD. :)

and all these symptoms are back to haunt me. I feel so good in my 2nd trimester.
I have occasional morning sickness - nauseous and sometimes vomiting.

Haha. I've downloaded the baby fair checklist and have make a list of what I need to buy and what I want to see. :)

phoebe84

Wow it's active chat ! Been MIA these days :)
Now into 3rd trimester .. Getting so tired everyday and experiencing RLS restless legs symptoms.. Irritating..

selp

Hi Mummies!

U can sign with NUH, the lessons are informative!

Welshia

@mrschievious Thank you so much! 10 sets of clothing per day? Really a lot huh. Are you going to use napkins or diapers for your newborn?

Oh mummies do add me up on FB https://m.facebook.com/spopkart?__user=609736718 :) I can't seem to add you guys today! My app keeps hanging everytime I try -.- hur hur.

Mummies who are going to the baby fair next week! Which days are you guys planning to go? :) they have been sending me all the promotions for the fair and it's soooooo tempting there are so many things I wanna get! Especially to stock up on diapers! But I heard that they won't have delivery services available for this fair :( I think I'll need to borrow a lorry.. Haha!

Welshia, newborns will probably need quite a fair bit of clothings cause they will spit milk and saliva and poop and pee everywhere! Hahaha! It's going to be so fun and exciting :p actually I haven't bought much for this baby yet.. Planning to go to the fair next week to get the loots :) will you be going?

Welshia

I am very excited and can't wait for him to arrive in this world. Yes I will be going on a Saturday with my mom and aunt. Downloaded the checklist already heheheh

@mrschievious Thank you so much! 10 sets of clothing per day? Really a lot huh. Are you going to use napkins or diapers for your newborn?
You're welcome. :) I have 10 sets in case of emergency, haha. In case we accidentally soiled his clothings while changing him (poop or pee), and in case he burped and soiled himself with milk all over. 10 sets should be able to last for 3 days la. Cuz my mom will be washing the BB clothes everyday I think. I believe I have more than 10 sets - all handed down from my aunt. :)

Welshia

You're welcome. :) I have 10 sets in case of emergency, haha. In case we accidentally soiled his clothings while changing him (poop or pee), and in case he burped and soiled himself with milk all over. 10 sets should be able to last for 3 days la. Cuz my mom will be washing the BB clothes everyday I think. I believe I have more than 10 sets - all handed down from my aunt. :)

Alright , Thank you so much! I shall prepare about 10 sets too for my baby. Good life. I would be washing my baby clothes, napkins myself hehehe.

@Welshia: Hahaha. Benefit of living with my mom until our new house is ready. Anyway, if my mom is not the one washing, I'm sure my hubby will also do it. He insisted that I must get as much rest as possible during my confinement period. So after confinement, I'm on my own again liao. Hahaha. So I'm enjoying the luxury of being the "Queen" for now. :p

Kokura

Wow it's active chat ! Been MIA these days :)
Now into 3rd trimester .. Getting so tired everyday and experiencing RLS restless legs symptoms.. Irritating..

Hi five!!! Me me me!!! Tis is really irritating.... My legs jerk every few seconds when they are stretched out on the bed....

Kokura

Diapers..... How many packs of diapers should I get for my baby? Assuming one pack contains about 50 pcs, how many packets should a first-time mummy buy?
I dun want to overbuy and end up wasting money....

Mummies who are going to the baby fair next week! Which days are you guys planning to go? :) they have been sending me all the promotions for the fair and it's soooooo tempting there are so many things I wanna get! Especially to stock up on diapers! But I heard that they won't have delivery services available for this fair :( I think I'll need to borrow a lorry.. Haha!