EDD December 2013

Kokura

Selp, if those old folks u r talking about are staying together wif u, it is extremely difficult to change their mindset.
Because they may think "as long as they do not see any mould on the food, it is good enough to eat". They do not think about whose stomach the food is going into because they believe in not wasting food. And this in turn could be due to the poverty they experienced as they were growing up.
Imagine 50 years or so of being ingrained by their parents, yes your grandparents, "dun waste food! Very chek ah!"
Fortuntately because you are educated, you know better.
Instead of telling them things like "Are u trying to poison my bb?!"
How about adopting a non-confrontational stance such as "I know the hardship u experienced as u were growing up & it must have been very tough on u.
And yes, I believe in not wasting food AND money."
This first two statement will help u to connect with them in an emotional way & make them more receptive to listening to what u may have to say next.
Next, perhaps u can express ya viewpoint in a somewhat neutral way such as "However as bb tend to have a very delicate stomach, it may be better not to give him/her expired food because if he/she has severe diarrhea, she may need urgent medical care & my hubby & I are really financially tight now."
Express to them what u r really concerned with & the difficulties u may encounter. Due to their past financial hardship, I doubt they will say 'Ok, if ya bb has diarrhea, I will pay for ya medical bills!"

Oh my so fast!!!

I suddenly wish my baby won't come out so soon! I cannot protect him once he's out. Subject to so many dust and dirt and chemicals and old folks' stubbornness in using harmful stuff / poisonous / expired food on him.
I feel so stressed suddenly. Wish he can stay in my tummy longer.

:(

Kokura

Hi Choco,

So u r saying that even if the recommended weight range written on both NB & S overlap each other, I should still get NB diapers???

kokura: mayb u should standby some NB size diaper? in case bb small, cant fit the bigger size one? and i heard bb use diaper like nobody biz.. coz everyday is sleep, eat & shit only.. haha! :p i didnt noe there is a day or night diaper for bb.. hmm.. i try to opt for organic food if there is a choice.. but mainly juz normal food..

Muffie

lilmissy and camcam: thanks ladies! still have the newborn shoot and baby shower event day before i get to see all the pics! :)

and i've finally settled the admission paperwork. yay!

faith86

It's nice pic Muffie! Can't wait to see your remaining pictures :)

Time really files... It still feels like yesterday when I found that I'm preggie and now we are already gg to meet our lill ones soon!

muffie: nice pic!! will there b more on ur fb?? u have decided on the name for ur bb?

LilMissy: oh.. wat does Step B positive means? cant go thru natural labour? My gynae asked me to go for the standard step b test the next check up and it will cost ard $40+.. the super detailed one will cost $180++.. so ex.. i prob will juz go for standard..

Kokura: i think no harm getting some NB diapers.. coz NB really use alot of diapers, like wat phoebe mentioned.. mayb in another brand.. coz some brands the sizing r different too.. and yes u wun noe which brand ur bb might b allergy too.. wat brands have u stocked up?

selp: jiayou! hope bb will b guai and stay insider longer fo u!

camcam: yes its happening so fast now! excited for u!

phoebe84: i cant sleep well at nite too.. and having quite bad water retention by the end of the day.. and and feeling super tired every morning!

welshia: my bb is 2.1 kg @34 wks.. abt the same as u.. u r at which wk now?

went for my gynae appt today and did the detailed scan.. good news is placenta has moved up.. but bb still head up.. i guess he is still not ready to come out so still comfortably in head up position.. and i will start my weekly only at 36 wk onward.. counting down 6 more wks for me.. :D
i prob will b the last remaining one here.. haha!

selp

Selp, if those old folks u r talking about are staying together wif u, it is extremely difficult to change their mindset.
Because they may think "as long as they do not see any mould on the food, it is good enough to eat". They do not think about whose stomach the food is going into because they believe in not wasting food. And this in turn could be due to the poverty they experienced as they were growing up.
Imagine 50 years or so of being ingrained by their parents, yes your grandparents, "dun waste food! Very chek ah!"
Fortuntately because you are educated, you know better.
Instead of telling them things like "Are u trying to poison my bb?!"
How about adopting a non-confrontational stance such as "I know the hardship u experienced as u were growing up & it must have been very tough on u.
And yes, I believe in not wasting food AND money."
This first two statement will help u to connect with them in an emotional way & make them more receptive to listening to what u may have to say next.
Next, perhaps u can express ya viewpoint in a somewhat neutral way such as "However as bb tend to have a very delicate stomach, it may be better not to give him/her expired food because if he/she has severe diarrhea, she may need urgent medical care & my hubby & I are really financially tight now."
Express to them what u r really concerned with & the difficulties u may encounter. Due to their past financial hardship, I doubt they will say 'Ok, if ya bb has diarrhea, I will pay for ya medical bills!"
Ya. I nvr say anything to them yet cos dont wan to piss them off but in my heart i worry abt these lil matters. Heh...
u r right, i could use a more subtle way to convince them.

I pray & hope everything is gonna b smooth n well

at least I'm not in China now. Otherwise the milk powder n food scare will make me very depressed

selp

muffie: nice pic!! will there b more on ur fb?? u have decided on the name for ur bb?

selp: jiayou! hope bb will b guai and stay insider longer fo u!

went for my gynae appt today and did the detailed scan.. good news is placenta has moved up.. but bb still head up.. i guess he is still not ready to come out so still comfortably in head up position.. and i will start my weekly only at 36 wk onward.. counting down 6 more wks for me.. :D
i prob will b the last remaining one here.. haha!
Thanks!!
jiayou too! And baby will be in good position soon!

Hi ladies, it's been a while. And wow! this thread is super active. Anyway, just wanted to share the good news. :) Went for check-up last Friday (35w4d), baby weighs 2.3kg now and has been in head down position for several weeks already. I'm 36 weeks this week, everything is getting heavier (my weight, my belly and my baby), but I'm super excited to know that the delivery date is getting closer. 9 December!! Here I come. :D

Jiayou mummies!! The finishing line is getting closer!

LilMissy

@chocoholic: Strep B positive means that the gynae will have to administer antibiotics to you, to try to 'eradicate' the bacteria away. can go natural labour. just a matter of whether they start the treatment now or before / at labour. For me, as I am not resistant to any antibiotics, gynae will treat me at labour. if nt treated, it might result in complication i think to the baby.

niwae, why ur strep b test so ex? mine was only $32. lol...

Oooooh my strep B also about $40.. But I hated the feeling when they inserted that weird metal thing and there was like a sharp pokey feeling.. :/ hahaha I'm not really nervous about going into early labor but more nervous about trying all natural without epidural.. Haha! Hopefully I survive it.. Mummies who have packed their hospital bags can share what you brought for yourself and baby?

LilMissy

@camcamwhambam: metal thing?? mine was only a cotton swab and it was painless..lol..how come so different..we went for the same test right? haha!

i packed the baby stuffs already.
1) a romper
2) a pair of mittens
3) a pair of booties
4) cap
5) hooded blanket
6) sarong-like carrier

i haven packed my things yet though.

but i packed the docs:
1) parents' NRIC
2) marriage cert
3) bankbook that you want the baby bonus to be credited into
4) receipt of pre-natal package if you had signed up for it, to be able to claim additional $450 from Medisave

Muffie

camcam: i juz finished packing ysterday.

baby:
blanket wrap
clothes for going home
mittens and booties
small baby bottle

myself:
socks
towel
face towel
clothes for gg home
undergarments
extra sanitary pads

husband:
tee shirts

not sure if its sufficient or not. husband will be staying in so i bought tee shirts for him to change too.
didnr being any toilettries cause hospital will provide em.

I'm tested positive for strep B too. :( Just received the result today.

Anyway, here's the list of what I've packed for the hospital bag. Finally have the energy to pack it last Sunday.
- A packet of 6 cotton disposable underwear
- 1 nursing top (for discharge)
- 1 bottom
- 2 sets of sleepwear (front buttons - easier to breastfeed)
- 2 maternity pads + 2 normal pads
Oh no!! I forgot the towels. Will go home and pack them in.

For baby
- A pair of mittens
- 1 romper wrapped all the way to the feet
- A baby cap
TMC is providing the blanket, so I'll just use theirs.

mischievious: great to hear tt ur bb are in good position already! did gynae mentioned bb will come earlier?

LilMissy: mayb coz my test is at TMC and they charge higher? hmm.. btw, r we supposed to start a bank book for bb already? or the bank book can b our own? i haven packed the document yet.. only the clothings..

Camcam: ur gynae is at TMC too rite? jiayou! i think i may opt for epidural.. getting chicken feet at the thot of the pain nowadays.. :p

LilMissy

@chocoholic: hmm...perhaps? my gynae is based at TMC, but i always see her for checkup at her clinic at AMK Hub...
we can use our own bankbook first i guess. it's just that they need an account to deposit the baby bonus into. :)

@chocoholic & @camcamwhambam: fellow TMC-ians!

Norzulfa

Hello mommies!

I just had my scan at 34 weeks ++ on Monday and baby is growing at 2.35kg.
Just gotten my NB diapers delivered yesterday. I recommend that mommies buy your NB diapers from Qoo10! Its way cheaper den any shops outside. I even compare with singseh yet still expensive. I've got myself the 'Pampers' brand.

I, too have packed my hospital bag. I'm just as kanchiong as other mommies out there. I'm so scared that i will give birth anytime soon once i reached 37 weeks. Still I hope i could last till full term 40weeks but yet complaining of not having enough sleep. Wonder how long more i can endure. LOL!

Anyway, this is what i have prepare for my hospital bag.
The basics:

• Admission forms/papers
  • Camera and/or video camera
  • Parents NRIC
  • Cash
  • Phone/phone card
  • Charger for your phone
  • Birth plan (if you have one)
  • Claim-able receipts
  • Car seat

For partner:

• Change of clothes
  • Snacks
  • Reading material
For mummies:

• Nightgown with front opening for breastfeeding
  • 2 Nursing bras
  • Nursing pads
  • Thick socks
  • Disposable underwear
  • Going-home outfit
Personal care:

• Shower cream
  • Brush/comb
  • Contact lens case/lens supplies
  • Deodorant
  • Facial wash
  • Glasses
  • Lip balm/ChapStick
  • Mouthwash
  • Dry Shampoo
  • Toothbrush/toothpaste

For baby:

• Going-home outfit
  • Hat/cap
  • Receiving blankets
  • 2 sets of socks and mittens (use socks instead of booties. As it can be very loose/big for NB)

Have anyone booked for their confinement/ post-natal massage? My masseur charges me $600 for 10 sessions which includes all the jamu (traditional medicines), baby massages, traditional (tied) tummy wrap and the oil. What do you think of this rate?

Norzulfa

@chocoholic: hmm...perhaps? my gynae is based at TMC, but i always see her for checkup at her clinic at AMK Hub...
we can use our own bankbook first i guess. it's just that they need an account to deposit the baby bonus into. :)

@chocoholic & @camcamwhambam: fellow TMC-ians!
@lilMissy: Which gynae are u with?? Anyone with Dr Sim Ngor Lee??