EDD December 2013

Norzulfa

@mrschievious: I think its best to avoid wearing two separate clothes for going home outfits. Especially bottom. You might want to wear dress instead? Even though i really want a natural delivery, we never know if we would end up with C-sect. IT would be uncomfortable after all the stitching.

Anyway for sleepwear, can we wear the hospital gown instead? Will TMC provide us with that?

LilMissy

@mrschievious: I think its best to avoid wearing two separate clothes for going home outfits. Especially bottom. You might want to wear dress instead? Even though i really want a natural delivery, we never know if we would end up with C-sect. IT would be uncomfortable after all the stitching.

Anyway for sleepwear, can we wear the hospital gown instead? Will TMC provide us with that?
based on my what my colleague said, if giving birth at TMC, need not worry much. they pretty much provide everything...

cindygohsy

@Norzulfa, yes, everything is fine, the only I worry now is dsy nanny, I searching for a day nanny now but no news at all after I sent out the enquiries...sigh.. stress

Kokura

Mummies, where did u get ya disposable underwear from? Are they for maternity use or normal use???
I think I would like to get disposable ones too, tonnes of them (!), as I heard lochia can be very heavy & can soak a pad within minutes of putting it on.
I am also hiring a CL, so it is kind of awkward to ask her to wash my bloody underwear in case of stains. Heh heh.

Thanks mummies! Looking at your lists I can check and see if I left anything out. Huhhur. :p oh I'll be delivering at mount Alvernia though! Not TMC :) I'm getting excited by the day! Literally counting down day by day and it's like getting slower and slower.. Hahaha! Any mummies going to cut their hair short before giving birth? I'm also scared I'll give in to an epidural last minute!! But I don't want to cause I really hate the side effects after that. Pfffft.

LilMissy

@camcamwhambam: tong without epidural!! we can do it!! lol...but u noe i think more often than not, the hubbies will be the one worrying..haha!

Muffie

lilmissy and camcam: im also going for natural without epi!!! everything i feel like i want to chicken out i keep telling myself "without epi pain one day only, with epi side effects will affect me longer!"

LilMissy

@muffie: we can do it! lol....my hubby asked me u sure ah....no regrets ah..he kept saying he'll prepare to bring a wooden block into the labour room to knock me out. lol. and i told him, u knock me nobody to push ur dg out then how? :p

@strawberryjay: based on what my sisters heard maybe like back pain, back ache during cold weathers. but i have colleagues who opted for epidural but so far doing ok..

Queenbabe

So long never log in here... really feel so heavy and tired now even im a sahm.

How is everyone doing? Im 36weeks now expecting #4.

Norzulfa: I'm with Dr LN Sim!! I will be seeing her again next Wednesday morning, Nov 20, for my 37 weeks checkup. Time flies! Hmm... Thanks for the advice. If that's the case then I'll bring another dress, just in case. :) But my house not very far from the hospital, so if need a different set of clothes, I can get my hubby to go home and get it for me.

We may have seen each other at the clinic before. loL.

ch0c0h0lic
: Nope. My gynae didn't mention anything about the possible shift in delivery date. I hope he only comes out on 7 Dec or 9 Dec tho. I want him to be December baby. Hehehehe. Xmas month baby. :p

Norzulfa

Mummies, where did you get ya disposable underwear from? Are they for maternity use or normal use???
I think I would like to get disposable ones too, tonnes of them (!), as I heard lochia can be very heavy & can soak a pad within minutes of putting it on.
I am also hiring a CL, so it is kind of awkward to ask her to wash my bloody underwear in case of stains. Heh heh.
I got them from kiddy palace. The nursimg bra section..

Norzulfa

@mrschieivous lol! Ya maybe we have bump into each other before.
But its easy to spot me cos not many ppl wear headscarf. Lol
My next appt is 36wks plus on 26th Nov.

My initial edd was supposed to be on Christmas but was brought forward a week earlier jus cos baby is growing too fast.
By right if im still on my 33wks with baby at 2.35kg.

Norzulfa

@mrschieivous lol! Ya maybe we have bump into each other before.
But its easy to spot me cos not many ppl wear headscarf. Lol
My next appt is 36wks plus on 26th Nov.

My initial edd was supposed to be on Christmas but was brought forward a week earlier jus cos baby is growing too fast.
By right if im still on my 33wks with baby at 2.35kg.

@camcamwhambam: tong without epidural!! we can do it!! lol...but u noe i think more often than not, the hubbies will be the one worrying..haha!

No ehhh.. My hubby very relac jack.. HAHAHAHA.. The first time round when I was in the delivery suite and already cramping from the contractions, he was laughing at me.. And eating chocolates while trying to stuff chocolates into my mouth.. And he was happily watching mtvs on the tv provided.. Haha.. To make things worse, the nurse told him to monitor the contraction machine.. And when the signal went high it meant that I was having a huge contraction.. He just made it worse by going like "woohoo big one big one"!! Hahaha! And the best part was, after delivery and all, because there was no available ward for me, he had to go home and couldn't stay over in the delivery suite.. He went home at about 2am and slept till 2pm the next afternoon.. I thought I was supposed to be the tired one -.- he said he was totally shagged out.. From what I don't know.. Haha!

So wats the side effects of epi that is experienced? Dun think i have the courage to lei..
many gfs recommend to take the epi! :X

Oh oh my side effects were instant.. I was having body trembling and spasms for three hours and non stop, I mean NON STOP vomiting till early morning.. Couldn't even drink water.. It was terrible..

phoebe84

Mummies I chicken out during my first .. & took epidural..
Just take it if u all can't bear with the pain coz will be in distress and make the labour longer (dilation might b slower).. at least this is my case.
So this time my 2nd one, I'm going take epidural .. I know I can't take the pain.
As for the side effects, everyone is different. Like for me, after I took, I shiver and fever till I deliver.

phoebe84

I'm also gonna deliver in TMC.

Oh ya I don't feel comfy wearing disposable.
But TMC panties quite comfy and washable. Those delivering in TMC, can try and if like, buy a few more before discharge.
That's what I did the last time (1.5 year ago)...

hi all, wah suddenly so many updates in a single day!

LilMissy: I'm same as camcam, will be delivering in Mt A instead.. but gynae clinic is located at TMC.. does Mt A provide sleeping gown too? i doubt i will bump into camcam thou.. since chances is she might pop early..

Kokura: i bought my disposable maternity underwear from Sorella.. i think abt $6.90 for 5 pcs.. the material quite ok..

camcam: wah ur side effect sound horrible! was it bcoz the nurse poke wrongly? scary! and ur hubby so funny! btw, dun cut ur hair too short! i think at least at a length tt u can tie up in a pony tail will b good enuff.. too short cannot tie..

Norzulfa: my EDD is near urs! currently still at 24 Dec.. hee.. i hope bb wun b early.. coz i still have alot of stuff to do before he come out.. :p

Muffie: i oso feeling the same way.. haha! scared i will get cold feet oso and take epidural.. i seldom experience menses cramps.. so i think will b hard for me to tolerate the contraction pain.. @_@

phoebe84: oh yah.. i oso heard tt if in distress may make labour longer too.. hw long was ur 1st labour?