Edd, Feb 2011.

yes i do.. it started with me being lazy to heat up ebm and coax her back to sleep in the middle of night.. so i just let her sleep next to me.. in the end now whenever she wakes up in the middle of night, she seems to be looking for her "pacifier" (my nipple), suckle a few mins then sleep.. =s
same thing here. I latch on since day1. When she was 2-3month old, she was quite good, only got up 2 time a night. Now is much more frequent. Sigh, don't know when i can have a 6hr sleep.

knut29

mine was that she can sleep at 9pm and wake up at 7am at 1 month old.. but after that start to wake up earlier and earlier.. now became 3 am, 5/6am.. =s

Jheyyy

Hi mummies !

Hmmm, my girl has no teeth yet. But she's always biting stuffs & even me, when i carry her. I don't know when her teeth will be out though.
She's 7.3kg when i weighed her last week, but i guess she's almost 8kg now ? She's getting heavier, even we get tired easily carrying her.
My girl can sit too. She started sitting in baby chair when she was 5 months old whenever we take her to places with baby chairs available :001_302:

Oh btw, my girl used to wake up once every night for milk feed when she sleeps. She's still doing that now & i'm training her to sleep through the night so whenever she wakes up for milk feed now, i'll get give her the pacifier, on the musical mobile & pat her to sleep. So far so good for the past 2 days :)

knut29

Hi Jheyyy mummy..

my baby has been biting things since young, and even left a bruise over my shoulder once during her biting sessions.. yes yes, our hands ached when carrying baby for too long.. my husband commented that she is full of flesh (not fats), and is heavy.. we also place her on baby chair as early as 4 months old (with cushion as support).. but now she can sit in baby chair on her own without support and without any toys while we eat.. she likes to throw toys on her tray down onto the floor.. =(

my baby has not been using pacifier since 3 months old.. last month, i tried coaxing her to sleep separately with a bottle of water and pacifier, but both didnt work.. =s maybe i should try again..

jgt78

Sigh... now my turn to fall sick and even worse, baby is sick too. It's like a never ending cycle... How do we improve baby's immune system? I'm already total bf but it doesn't seem to be very effective leh...

To the other bf mummies, have you all thought of when you will stop? My boy hates the bottle which is why I'm still continuing for the moment but really don't know how long I am going to keep this up. It's tiring :) especially when I am sick myself.

still need to go work and send bb to infant care. very ma fan. long story. maybe u can go see the thread under "worklife relationship", find "would you allow your hubby to go for overseas biz trip" started by me. then tell me ur views.
Actually i m the opposite, i will be going on biz trip for 5 days including weekend. i told my hubby and he is very understanding about it. Imagine he is a guy and he will need to send my gal to infant care in the morning, fetch her back after work, feed her, change her and put her to sleep. I worry when she poo. It will be very tiring for him especially when we got no family support at all. In a way your situation is better than us.

Sigh... now my turn to fall sick and even worse, baby is sick too. It's like a never ending cycle... How do we improve baby's immune system? I'm already total bf but it doesn't seem to be very effective leh...

To the other bf mummies, have you all thought of when you will stop? My boy hates the bottle which is why I'm still continuing for the moment but really don't know how long I am going to keep this up. It's tiring :) especially when I am sick myself.
mmm, i understand how you feel cos i went through myself recently. Having support from husband is really very important, we really have to work as a team and do shift work to take care of our baby when she is sick. But then again you are bf so your husband can't help you on that so when your baby sleep you must really sleep, let your husband do the rest like housework. Otherwise its difficult for you to recover since you don't have sufficient rest. my baby took a wk to recover and i took 3 wks, now i still cough on and off.

nutela

I c u all mummies stil bf n i abit envy.. I bf him for 4-5 mths only ciz when i start wrk n he gt used to bottle feed n dun wan to latch on.. Try n try n try to latch him on but i think he like lazy to suck my milk out..,
My baby is hvg a bad flu, kp fliwing out his mucus n hvg difficulty slpg coz of block nose.. I only buy those eucalyptus oil(think smtg like tat e spellin) n put sm on hus pillow to ease his breathg but he stil hvg e flu.. So sad when he struggle or make noises when slpg..

Gem2505

Actually i m the opposite, i will be going on biz trip for 5 days including weekend. i told my hubby and he is very understanding about it. Imagine he is a guy and he will need to send my gal to infant care in the morning, fetch her back after work, feed her, change her and put her to sleep. I worry when she poo. It will be very tiring for him especially when we got no family support at all. In a way your situation is better than us.
haiz. ya. lucky got family to help out. else i really v jialat liao. but the bringing bb to sch n back home is the difficult part. total sian-ness!

Gem2505

I c u all mummies stil bf n i abit envy.. I bf him for 4-5 mths only ciz when i start wrk n he gt used to bottle feed n dun wan to latch on.. Try n try n try to latch him on but i think he like lazy to suck my milk out..,
My baby is hvg a bad flu, kp fliwing out his mucus n hvg difficulty slpg coz of block nose.. I only buy those eucalyptus oil(think smtg like tat e spellin) n put sm on hus pillow to ease his breathg but he stil hvg e flu.. So sad when he struggle or make noises when slpg..
awww.. my bb felt sick last sat.. flu n fever. think her flu, got it from my colleague coz 1 of them sick and we all went out for dinner on friday night. =(
her flu was bad. sat night cant slp well, make alot noise when she's sleeping coz block nose. fever wise still not too bad, the highest she went was 38.1.. usually ard 37+...
brought her to the Pd on sunday morning. Pd ask us to suck her mucus out with the Nuk extractor. so far, it works well and able to suck out. those very inner mucus, can suck till outside den i use finger to clean it away. of coz, she v irritated but after the sucking, she felt alot better and can slp with pacifier on. =)
she skipped sch today coz i wanna let her rest more coz aft medication, she slpt non stop.
i also went to buy Vit C syrup for her to consume. seems ok so far.
dunno whether her teeth coming out thats why fever.

hope all babies get well soon!

Jheyyy

Hi Jheyyy mummy..

my baby has been biting things since young, and even left a bruise over my shoulder once during her biting sessions.. yes yes, our hands ached when carrying baby for too long.. my husband commented that she is full of flesh (not fats), and is heavy.. we also place her on baby chair as early as 4 months old (with cushion as support).. but now she can sit in baby chair on her own without support and without any toys while we eat.. she likes to throw toys on her tray down onto the floor.. =(

my baby has not been using pacifier since 3 months old.. last month, i tried coaxing her to sleep separately with a bottle of water and pacifier, but both didnt work.. =s maybe i should try again..
Yeap, my girl loves throwing things too. I think they just find it fun. So normally i'll use the linkys to chain her toys to the high-chair or pram.
Ohh, my girl sucks the pacifier if she wants to sleep. But once she fell asleep, she'll push the pacifier out herself. Hehehe.

awww.. my bb felt sick last sat.. flu n fever. think her flu, got it from my colleague coz 1 of them sick and we all went out for dinner on friday night. =(
her flu was bad. sat night cant slp well, make alot noise when she's sleeping coz block nose. fever wise still not too bad, the highest she went was 38.1.. usually ard 37+...
brought her to the Pd on sunday morning. Pd ask us to suck her mucus out with the Nuk extractor. so far, it works well and able to suck out. those very inner mucus, can suck till outside den i use finger to clean it away. of coz, she v irritated but after the sucking, she felt alot better and can slp with pacifier on. =)
she skipped sch today coz i wanna let her rest more coz aft medication, she slpt non stop.
i also went to buy Vit C syrup for her to consume. seems ok so far.
dunno whether her teeth coming out thats why fever.

hope all babies get well soon!
Hey Gem, could you let me know what brand of Vit C syrup did you buy? I also want to give to her as a preventive measure since she goes infant care and will expose to more germs and virus.

nutela

i cant stand it when my mil say bad comments to my baby...
like for example, when i am feeding him, and as a first time mummy, u tend to b abit slow in ur reflexes mah, so i abit slow ah when i feeding him, as as always babies tend to be very fidgeting around , cant kp still, n my mil would comment,
" mummy so slow poke ah, dun noe how to feed u properly" say to my son.. n i dun like the feeling of someone sayg to my baby coz one day, he will understand wat granny says....
n when we r goin out n i got my son all ready, n she will suddenly say to me, 'eh, ur baby poo"
so i cheekily say to my baby, ' y u poo2 when u r all nice2 ready to go out?' n she will say back to my baby, ' mummy stupid is it? i only a baby, how am i supposed to noe when to poo2 or urine n i still dun noe hw to talk as i still a baby, nex time i will tell mummy if i wan to poo2, mummy so stupid!"
wah! i hear tat, i more angry n upset lei, no nd to say so direct mah!

like for example, when i am feeding him, and as a first time mummy, u tend to b abit slow in ur reflexes mah, so i abit slow ah when i feeding him, as as always babies tend to be very fidgeting around , cant kp still, n my mil would comment,
" mummy so slow poke ah, dun noe how to feed u properly" say to my son.. n i dun like the feeling of someone sayg to my baby coz one day, he will understand wat granny says....
n when we r goin out n i got my son all ready, n she will suddenly say to me, 'eh, ur baby poo"
so i cheekily say to my baby, ' y u poo2 when u r all nice2 ready to go out?' n she will say back to my baby, ' mummy stupid is it? i only a baby, how am i supposed to noe when to poo2 or urine n i still dun noe hw to talk as i still a baby, nex time i will tell mummy if i wan to poo2, mummy so stupid!"
seems like your mother in law is rather mean, sorry but that's my feeling based on what you say. Is she jealous of you? I feel there is nothing wrong with you joking with your baby and there is really no need to make such nasty comment at all.
From the other thread about MIL in this forum, seems that most MILs like to do this kind of thing as in putting us down. What are they trying to achieve or prove? To fight for attention, status? Or to show that she is superior and knows more than you? Anyway, even if they are more experienced, there is really no need to put us down.

My MIL got once played with my gal, then when I walked over to them, she quickly said 'oh, mummy scold already'. I was like 'I didn't even say anything', so I said, "why would mummy scold?" then she kept quiet. A bit bor liao right? Anyway, next time maybe I should say "Don't worry, mummy won't scold baby, mummy will scold the person who is trying to show bad example" and smile. *shake head* Thankfully I don't stay with my in laws.

nutela

hi rabbymummy,

i dun noe lei, i think most mil are jealous or attention seeker maybe... coz we took their son away so they try to manipulate our babies mayb...sometimes i get irritated n upset n angry...n even if i complain to hubby, n he juz say tat i am too over sensitive, n dun take it to heart, mil is joking only...but to say tat kind of words to my baby infront of the parents is really upsetting n furthermore, kids nowadays r fast learner, they understand n will follow n imitate.

now i dun gv chance liao, i jus say out, sometimes i say to my baby too, " aiyah, y grandma dun noe ah, everything oso dun noe?" my mil nvr took care of her children coz she gt alot of my fil siblings to help n care her childrens, so most of the things she not sure n sometimes i tell her n she thut she become smart n try to teach me or my hubby back.

my baby is taken care by my aunt, my aunt stay in wdlands, while i stay in serangoon, so someties i nvr get to bring my baby hm n each time i cm hm, she will say, ' where baby? so pitiful , his parents left him away?' haiz...i seriously feel more horrible!

Gem2505

Hey Gem, could you let me know what brand of Vit C syrup did you buy? I also want to give to her as a preventive measure since she goes infant care and will expose to more germs and virus.
I bought from the NTUC phamacy. Its Vitabiotics , WellKiD. For Baby & Infant ( 3months to 5 years old )
It states that it has 14 vitamins and minerals. Swiss Alphine Malt, flaxseed ( a source of Omega-3 )
Its Orange Flavoured taste. cost about $12+. 150ml. each day take 5ml. so can take about 1month.

Gem2505

Thank goodness i dont live with my inlaws. insisted to move out when im preg. bad luck with BTO. before married try till married till got baby, still didnt get any chance to even Choose a flat. bot resale. during my confinement then do reno. when confinement ends, start packing and move~! happy. fully made used of my maternity leave for my new place.

in laws are always in laws. can Never compared with parents. sometimes I think back, if my mum treat me like my in law, maybe i wont get angry at all. its like, our mum can scold us, but in laws cant. that kind of thing. coz we have the "who are u in the position to control me" feeling in us ( i suppose ). ha! so whatever minor thing in law do, we buey song, means very angry all that. in turn, if its our parent whom did the same thing, we Dont really mind?! ha..

so far, my inlaws listen to me more than i listen to them coz from the start, i stand firm. so they also wont anyhow say all that. but, unfortunately, my bro in law n his wife divorce coz of my inlaws. i think it also depends on how "open heart" are we. minor things, usually i just hack care or dont care. if i can give in, i give in. else, just stand firm.

i really felt i made a right choice to move out on our own coz im VERY sure if stay with inlaws and with bb around, they confirm alot pattern. so from the start, i already say, my mum will look after baby for me till bb get into infant care. very blessed! i believe, if i didnt insist on moving out, things wont be that great now. confirm alot arguements and disagreements. sekali, end up like my bro in law, den jialat!

Jheyyy

Hi nutela,

i understand how you feel. Cos my family is like that too. They always say bad comments in front of my girl. Whenever i go & pick my girl from my granny's place after work, she'll say things like, "wah. Your pig mother (in hokkien) come back liao." It's so wtf lor. Then my aunt always ask me got try to lose weight or not la, blahblahblah. I told my husband i'm on the brink of having depression soon. Cos they don't say it only once or twice, they say it everyday !
& i trained my girl to have solids twice a day. She's okay when i look after her. I don't know why, everytime they take care of her, they'll say she v 'gian' drink milk. Then they are brainless enough to feed her 200ml of milk immediately after a soup bowl of porridge. Do you know how filling that will be to a baby's tummy ?? Then now they say everyday give her one solid meal enough. Don't give her 2. Like hello ? She's okay when i look after her, why everytime they look after only, got so many problems leh ? & 6 months above can take 2 solid meals already. If i keep giving her one solid meal only, then isn't she going to be v dependent on milk ? Milk powder v expensive lor. Plus it's not like she's not willing to take solid !
& ytd, my cousin actually texted me & lectured me for LEAVING ALY EVERYWHERE & ANYWHERE. I went out to work ! Not to play or club ! & i only asked people to look after before i go out & i'll pick her up immediately after i end work. I'm not some irresponsible mother ! If i don't work, who's going to give me the money to put Aly in infantcare ?? Money's not going to drop from the sky (although i really wish that to happen).
I was so angry & pissed, i kept whining to my hubby these few days. Sigh, i always thought when no one else understands you, it's your own family who will :(