Edd, Feb 2011.

Any gd pd at wdlands? Baby hvg flu n nw cough since last wk... Help..
My Pediatrician is at Woodlands, Baby Bear Clinic. Blk 849 Woodlands St 82. Dr Teo is pretty good. I got his contacts from the forum too. They open in the morning and in the evening for weekdays. Sat half day. Sun closed. Cannot call to take queue no.

Hi nutela,

i understand how you feel. Cos my family is like that too. They always say bad comments in front of my girl. Whenever i go & pick my girl from my granny's place after work, she'll say things like, "wah. Your pig mother (in hokkien) come back liao." It's so wtf lor. Then my aunt always ask me got try to lose weight or not la, blahblahblah. I told my husband i'm on the brink of having depression soon. Cos they don't say it only once or twice, they say it everyday !
& i trained my girl to have solids twice a day. She's okay when i look after her. I don't know why, everytime they take care of her, they'll say she v 'gian' drink milk. Then they are brainless enough to feed her 200ml of milk immediately after a soup bowl of porridge. Do you know how filling that will be to a baby's tummy ?? Then now they say everyday give her one solid meal enough. Don't give her 2. Like hello ? She's okay when i look after her, why everytime they look after only, got so many problems leh ? & 6 months above can take 2 solid meals already. If i keep giving her one solid meal only, then isn't she going to be v dependent on milk ? Milk powder v expensive lor. Plus it's not like she's not willing to take solid !
& ytd, my cousin actually texted me & lectured me for LEAVING ALY EVERYWHERE & ANYWHERE. I went out to work ! Not to play or club ! & i only asked people to look after before i go out & i'll pick her up immediately after i end work. I'm not some irresponsible mother ! If i don't work, who's going to give me the money to put Aly in infantcare ?? Money's not going to drop from the sky (although i really wish that to happen).
I was so angry & pissed, i kept whining to my hubby these few days. Sigh, i always thought when no one else understands you, it's your own family who will :(
Is always when in need of help, then you know who your 'real' family are. That's why I told myself, I shall not depend on others, I earn my own money, I raise my kid no matter how tiring it is. I believe our little family of 3 will grow to be very closely knitted :)

Thank goodness i dont live with my inlaws. insisted to move out when im preg. bad luck with BTO. before married try till married till got baby, still didnt get any chance to even Choose a flat. bot resale. during my confinement then do reno. when confinement ends, start packing and move~! happy. fully made used of my maternity leave for my new place.

in laws are always in laws. can Never compared with parents. sometimes I think back, if my mum treat me like my in law, maybe i wont get angry at all. its like, our mum can scold us, but in laws cant. that kind of thing. coz we have the "who are u in the position to control me" feeling in us ( i suppose ). ha! so whatever minor thing in law do, we buey song, means very angry all that. in turn, if its our parent whom did the same thing, we Dont really mind?! ha..

so far, my inlaws listen to me more than i listen to them coz from the start, i stand firm. so they also wont anyhow say all that. but, unfortunately, my bro in law n his wife divorce coz of my inlaws. i think it also depends on how "open heart" are we. minor things, usually i just hack care or dont care. if i can give in, i give in. else, just stand firm.

i really felt i made a right choice to move out on our own coz im VERY sure if stay with inlaws and with bb around, they confirm alot pattern. so from the start, i already say, my mum will look after baby for me till bb get into infant care. very blessed! i believe, if i didnt insist on moving out, things wont be that great now. confirm alot arguements and disagreements. sekali, end up like my bro in law, den jialat!
Hey I like your attitude, I can see you have a very strong character. Confinement still do reno, baby still so young yet you have a big task of moving into a new house. Well done!

Jheyyy

Is always when in need of help, then you know who your 'real' family are. That's why I told myself, I shall not depend on others, I earn my own money, I raise my kid no matter how tiring it is. I believe our little family of 3 will grow to be very closely knitted :)
I have to depend on them for now cos i'm still waiting for a space in infant care.
Once i put Aly in, they don't even dream about me bringing her to them !

nutela

Woh.. At last gt e free sample for baby frm nan.. Come wit e milk powder, huggies wet tissue, gerber peach puff n banana stage 2 puree...

Gem2505

Hey I like your attitude, I can see you have a very strong character. Confinement still do reno, baby still so young yet you have a big task of moving into a new house. Well done!
my mum look aft my girl for me during and after my confinement till i go back to work and till i get a space for my girl at the infant care. so im quite "free" to do my things. so in order to speed things up, i do up everything for my house. from the interior designing, the built-in, furniture buying, liase with contractors to do the work. everything was done up in 2 months n off i go to my new place. phew! i forsee there will be more problem if i dont move out asap.

Gem2505

I have to depend on them for now cos i'm still waiting for a space in infant care.
Once i put Aly in, they don't even dream about me bringing her to them !
haha. i only let my inlaws see my girl once a week, a few hours only. sometimes is just over a dinner thats all.
i dunno why. i dont have any "hatred" towards in laws, but i just dont want them to spend alot of time with my girl.
i felt so bad. usually they get info about my girl from my ah lao only.

now that my hubby going overseas for 3 weeks, i dont think i will have the time and effort to bring her to them when my ah lao put his car at his parents place for 3 weeks. no transport, dont need see baby. too bad.
unless they wanna come till my mum place to see baby. i will bring baby out. HAHAHAHA!
i felt bad, but... really.. too bad lorz.

eowyn

Any gd pd at wdlands? Baby hvg flu n nw cough since last wk... Help..
I know how u feel... my bb also sick with flu and cough. Can hear him coughing the whole night. However, my pd is in yishun. Might be too far for u? After taking med, his cold seems better. But still coughing.... If bb is sick, can still go for vaccination? No, right?

eowyn

haha. i only let my inlaws see my girl once a week, a few hours only. sometimes is just over a dinner thats all.
i dunno why. i dont have any "hatred" towards in laws, but i just dont want them to spend alot of time with my girl.
i felt so bad. usually they get info about my girl from my ah lao only.

now that my hubby going overseas for 3 weeks, i dont think i will have the time and effort to bring her to them when my ah lao put his car at his parents place for 3 weeks. no transport, dont need see baby. too bad.
unless they wanna come till my mum place to see baby. i will bring baby out. HAHAHAHA!
i felt bad, but... really.. too bad lorz.
Haha..... u so funny. But i worse than u, my in laws only see baby once every 2 weeks. Sometimes less . :p

eowyn

Hi nutela,

i understand how you feel. Cos my family is like that too. They always say bad comments in front of my girl. Whenever i go & pick my girl from my granny's place after work, she'll say things like, "wah. Your pig mother (in hokkien) come back liao." It's so wtf lor. Then my aunt always ask me got try to lose weight or not la, blahblahblah. I told my husband i'm on the brink of having depression soon. Cos they don't say it only once or twice, they say it everyday !
& i trained my girl to have solids twice a day. She's okay when i look after her. I don't know why, everytime they take care of her, they'll say she v 'gian' drink milk. Then they are brainless enough to feed her 200ml of milk immediately after a soup bowl of porridge. Do you know how filling that will be to a baby's tummy ?? Then now they say everyday give her one solid meal enough. Don't give her 2. Like hello ? She's okay when i look after her, why everytime they look after only, got so many problems leh ? & 6 months above can take 2 solid meals already. If i keep giving her one solid meal only, then isn't she going to be v dependent on milk ? Milk powder v expensive lor. Plus it's not like she's not willing to take solid !
& ytd, my cousin actually texted me & lectured me for LEAVING ALY EVERYWHERE & ANYWHERE. I went out to work ! Not to play or club ! & i only asked people to look after before i go out & i'll pick her up immediately after i end work. I'm not some irresponsible mother ! If i don't work, who's going to give me the money to put Aly in infantcare ?? Money's not going to drop from the sky (although i really wish that to happen).
I was so angry & pissed, i kept whining to my hubby these few days. Sigh, i always thought when no one else understands you, it's your own family who will :(
Oh no, that sounds terrible. My mom also say bad things abt me to my baby.(yes, my OWN mom) I always told her straightaway that she shouldn't do that. I am THE mother afterall. But sometimes she will forget and say things like,"your mother very strange, u still so small let u watch educational dvd" or "your mother stupid, don't know what u wan." Sigh....

eowyn

Hi mummies !

Hmmm, my girl has no teeth yet. But she's always biting stuffs & even me, when i carry her. I don't know when her teeth will be out though.
She's 7.3kg when i weighed her last week, but i guess she's almost 8kg now ? She's getting heavier, even we get tired easily carrying her.
My girl can sit too. She started sitting in baby chair when she was 5 months old whenever we take her to places with baby chairs available :001_302:

Oh btw, my girl used to wake up once every night for milk feed when she sleeps. She's still doing that now & i'm training her to sleep through the night so whenever she wakes up for milk feed now, i'll get give her the pacifier, on the musical mobile & pat her to sleep. So far so good for the past 2 days :)
My bb's 2 lower teeth has popped out. Its so cute~ My mom, who babysit my bb, said that he has been biting her and its painful. But when he bite me, i only feel itchy. Haha.... However, when he pinches me with his fingers, its very very painful. I got bruises on my hands, scratch marks on my arms, my neck and face.

I read from my parenting book that after 6 months babies don't need their night feeds. Usually, i will prepare milk the moment he cries in the middle of the night, but these 2 nights, i let him cry for some time. Surprisingly, he will just drift off to sleep again. I am hoping that this is not a lucky coincidence. I need my sleep.....

However, its very difficult to coax baby to sleep every night and most of the time he will only fall asleep while drinking milk. I very worried abt tooth decay.... Any advice? My friend told me that i should just let bb cry it out, after 3 nights, he will fall asleep on his own. But i don't bear to do it. :(

Moon kok

It has been a long time didn't log in here. Hope all mummies are doing well.. :) Just do a little update, my girl has 2 lower teeths and she can sit by her own now since 6 months 2weeks old. And now, she start to have porriage in the afternoon and cereal at evening. Her milk intake is 900-1000ml per day exclude the solid food. So far, she have tasted durian, prune, apple, orange, banana, pear, salmon, cod fish, silver fish, corn, chicken, scallop, japan tofo, sweet potato, potato, and lot of veges.. :001_302:

Any mummies mind to share your baby feeding scedule too?

Gem2505

Haha..... u so funny. But i worse than u, my in laws only see baby once every 2 weeks. Sometimes less . :p
wao. 2 weeks once? they wont miss your baby? Coz my hubby always make it a point to bring bb to his parents every sunday. unless we have something MORE important then maybe will skip that and let them see baby on another day, maybe sat night or what. a few hours or over a dinner also ok.

since my hubby going overseas for 3 weeks ( which i was really pissed over this overseas trip ), im gonna make things MY WAY! ha. too bad for them. coz i call the shot. either i refuse to pick up phone ( gei gei miss call ), or arrange alot of programme and bring bb out every weekend! OOps. bad me!

Gem2505

Hi mummies
Any good deal for first birthday celebrations? I'm starting to plan my budget

Jen
hmm.. im booking the chalat at Aloha Loyang. pool side bungalow. big n spacious.
gonna have a theme for it. maybe minnie mouse or elmo? something in red. wanted melody, but searched online, not much melody stuff. since its going to be CNY period during the celebration, so, red red good. =)
searched alot alot of balloons n deco websites. havent really choose the best one out.

buffet wise, think i might be ordering 2 diff caterer, 1 halal, 1 non-halal.
the non-halal one, will get from Meihao99 catering. so far, i've tasted so many caterer, this one best le. my mil and uncles will be cooking at the kitchen there. add on dishes.
as for the halal one, still no idea. need to search ard..

budget breakdown,
chalet : cant rem how much. maybe $500 for both nights.
cake : $130 ( shd be getting from pine garden )
deco/goodies bag : $200
food : $ 700

izzit too much? did i miss out anything?

Last edited:
hmm.. im booking the chalat at Aloha Loyang. pool side bungalow. big n spacious.
gonna have a theme for it. maybe minnie mouse or elmo? something in red. wanted melody, but searched online, not much melody stuff. since its going to be CNY period during the celebration, so, red red good. =)
searched alot alot of balloons n deco websites. havent really choose the best one out.

buffet wise, think i might be ordering 2 diff caterer, 1 halal, 1 non-halal.
the non-halal one, will get from Meihao99 catering. so far, i've tasted so many caterer, this one best le. my mil and uncles will be cooking at the kitchen there. add on dishes.
as for the halal one, still no idea. need to search ard..

budget breakdown,
chalet : cant rem how much. maybe $500 for both nights.
cake : $130 ( shd be getting from pine garden )
deco/goodies bag : $200
food : $ 700

izzit too much? did i miss out anything?
wow, her one yr old birthday can easily come up to $1500 to $2K?
we are also thinking if we want to have a birthday party to this scale, she won't know what's happening, only the photos taken can be shown to her when she is older.
mmm.....