Edd, Feb 2011.

Gem2505

My baby oso dun like milk, but if water, she wil drink. Dun noe wat wrong. But when nite time, when he slpg, i will juz force it in n he sucks. So his milk intake at nite then alot. He like to eat too but then milk is stil their impt source so always struggle wit milk. His weight is getting lighter n moving up at slow pace.. Only put up a few grms. He used to b putting on a kg each time till he 6 mth. Now hubby always repeat, i wan fat baby, i wan fat baby. Cannot tahan ah!
Hv u all mummies feed baby wit porridge yt?
my girl still remains at 6kg since she's 5mths old. 3months le but didnt really gain weight. when bb is older alil, their weight increase also slower. like us, we dont increase weight alot overnight or over just 1-2months. unless we preg time. that one is horrible. see the weight scale will scared. LOL!

just now my mum went to our family doc and asked him about bb not drinking milk problem. the dr say, its ok. even 7 days nv drink milk also nvm one. he say bb like cats or dog at home, when they hungry, they will go find food. so just let bb be. when she's hungry, she will ask for it. but of coz, have to make sure got drink water to prevent dehydration.

i didnt feed bb porridge yet. so far, only gave her puree and cereal. she's alil slow eater. she started to eat only 2 weeks back. b4 that she doesnt want to eat solid at all. so far fed her porridge once only coz we were all out for dinner den ordered a plain porridge and gave her. she keep looking at us eating, if dont give her food like so bad lor. haha.

Jovelle 1.jpg
her eating her pumpkin with sweet corn puree last weekend. so happy!

jgt78

just went up to check on her in her infant care. she just finished 180ml of milk! -_-"
the teachers there overjoy man. LOL! all v excited to tell me. haha!
either she bully me/my mum , or she likes the teacher? maybe scared of teacher? like go sch will scared of teachers like that.. phobia.. LOL!
so i think, should let her go sch everyday liao. at first i thot she would be difficult in feeding and afraid the teachers cannot handle. who knows. the teachers did a better job. LOL! relieved now. =)
Yay, good news!! Yup, my boy is like that. Refuses to drink bottle at home but will happily drink at school. I don't think its phobia la, my boy keeps smiling at his teachers. Maybe the teachers just are so experienced, the baby know better not mess around with them... hee hee.

jgt78

My baby oso dun like milk, but if water, she wil drink. Dun noe wat wrong. But when nite time, when he slpg, i will juz force it in n he sucks. So his milk intake at nite then alot. He like to eat too but then milk is stil their impt source so always struggle wit milk. His weight is getting lighter n moving up at slow pace.. Only put up a few grms. He used to b putting on a kg each time till he 6 mth. Now hubby always repeat, i wan fat baby, i wan fat baby. Cannot tahan ah!
Hv u all mummies feed baby wit porridge yt?
Imfantcare started Brown rice porridge when he was 7 months. So far ok. Its just veg and tofu porridge for now. Do you know when we should introduce meat?

nutela

i haven intro porridge yt but i thinking of doing so . but i cannot take it if my mil will poke around watever i do for my baby, i dun wan her to add bovril to my baby porridge, hv anyone try having bovril in ur baby porridge before?
i went ntuc to look up tat bovril, as bottle food hv preservatives n i dun wish to add to my baby. i intend to make the porridge juz a plain one with veges in it....but my mil one hard knock case ah. haiz....

i kp feeding my baby with cereal n fruit/vege purees, homemade. n she keep repeating to me, feed porridge, feed porridge, but my phobia is , i dun wan to b adding any salt or flavourings to the porridge , not till he is 1 yr old.
do u mummies agree with me too?

Gem2505

Yay, good news!! Yup, my boy is like that. Refuses to drink bottle at home but will happily drink at school. I don't think its phobia la, my boy keeps smiling at his teachers. Maybe the teachers just are so experienced, the baby know better not mess around with them... hee hee.
haha. ya. i think maybe she see the teachers not someone she can bully, she have got no choice but to be good and listen to them.

Gem2505

i haven intro porridge yt but i thinking of doing so . but i cannot take it if my mil will poke around watever i do for my baby, i dun wan her to add bovril to my baby porridge, hv anyone try having bovril in ur baby porridge before?
i went ntuc to look up tat bovril, as bottle food hv preservatives n i dun wish to add to my baby. i intend to make the porridge juz a plain one with veges in it....but my mil one hard knock case ah. haiz....

i kp feeding my baby with cereal n fruit/vege purees, homemade. n she keep repeating to me, feed porridge, feed porridge, but my phobia is , i dun wan to b adding any salt or flavourings to the porridge , not till he is 1 yr old.
do u mummies agree with me too?
hmm.. ya. i think better not to give salt and flavouring to bb yet. but can feed porridge ald. the kids in the infant care are all having in. 6months already eat. just that my girl doesnt want to be spoon feed that time. she only started to spoon feed last month. i scared salt content will somehow make bb's kidney work more? dunno if bb kidney can take it anot. just blend veg tgt with the porridge already good enough. will have sweet taste bah.

Gem2505

hi
any mummies here already preggie with the nex baby yt?
hmm.. not for me. =D tell us ur good news?! hehe!
im going genting nx month, going korea in Jan and going bkk in feb. so for the moment, not gonna plan for it. maybe after my bkk trip then plan for 1 =D

hmm.. not for me. =D tell us ur good news?! hehe!
im going genting nx month, going korea in Jan and going bkk in feb. so for the moment, not gonna plan for it. maybe after my bkk trip then plan for 1 =D
wah, so many trips. Are you going with your bb? I am going KL next week for a conference, wondering if i can still pump and bring the milk back, headach!

Gem2505

wah, so many trips. Are you going with your bb? I am going KL next week for a conference, wondering if i can still pump and bring the milk back, headach!
genting and bkk trip bb is tagging along. but korea, nope - only me n hubby go. weather too cold and its 8Days, v troublesome to bring bb along. food all that also ma fan. genting is over the weekend only, so quite easy. bkk 4days, but my parents n sis going along, got people help, easier also.

u going KL for how long? if nv pump, i think will pain lor. omg. i think back that time i engorge, cant slp at all.

genting and bkk trip bb is tagging along. but korea, nope - only me n hubby go. weather too cold and its 8Days, v troublesome to bring bb along. food all that also ma fan. genting is over the weekend only, so quite easy. bkk 4days, but my parents n sis going along, got people help, easier also.

u going KL for how long? if nv pump, i think will pain lor. omg. i think back that time i engorge, cant slp at all.
I am going on Tue, early in the morning, coming back on Thur night, 3 days. Definitely have to pump, otherwise engorge and pain like you have said, and also scared that no more milk after that.

Gem2505

I am going on Tue, early in the morning, coming back on Thur night, 3 days. Definitely have to pump, otherwise engorge and pain like you have said, and also scared that no more milk after that.
pump le, u gonna keep? or throw away? a lil troublesome, but 3 days only. bear with it lor. have to continue pumping else later no flow lo.

I want to pump and keep and bring back. What a waste if were to throw away, and i don't have ample supply. I can freeze in hotel, now i am checking if hotel can provide me some dry ice, so that i can pack and go.

nutela

my baby was havg stomach flu last sat, wah! really worried one kind coz everytg tat he take in end up he vomit out.... n to make matter wrst, my mil kp repeating that, " oh baby sick coz he goin to be mre clever" wat theory is tat? i really cannot accept it or take it. i even say baq, " it not because of tat, he gt it frm my aunt hse. coz my aunt took care of my baby n her children is sick too.
but even when i told her wat e reason baby fall sick, mil still repeat the same thing. n imagine repeatg it each time, my baby vomit or poo poo out. so repeatg like 4-5 times a day. haiz....
n got one time, hubby was feeding mango to him n baby bite it off as he cm out a small sign of teeth. n mil go , ' oh, he sick coz goin to hv teeth!" i was like "huh, the only sign i noe when u teething is fever, cant b hvg stomach flu!"

n she kp on wanting to carry my baby ard, while he in the walker or juz lying there quietly. to my opinion, if the baby dun cry or ask to b carried, juz leave him quietly there, but she kp on carrying him all ard. I had to say, " dun carry so much, he is sick n can be spread easily" but mil juz ignored. n truely enuf, ytday gt sick, vomit2 n shit2 n mil feel so weak. N i say, " i told u not to b so close2 to baby rite?" n mr hubby too gt infected n i say, " eh, u also goin to be smart is it, so old oready but stil not clever yet?" LOL.....
evil me!

Gem2505

my baby was havg stomach flu last sat, wah! really worried one kind coz everytg tat he take in end up he vomit out.... n to make matter wrst, my mil kp repeating that, " oh baby sick coz he goin to be mre clever" wat theory is tat? i really cannot accept it or take it. i even say baq, " it not because of tat, he gt it frm my aunt hse. coz my aunt took care of my baby n her children is sick too.
but even when i told her wat e reason baby fall sick, mil still repeat the same thing. n imagine repeatg it each time, my baby vomit or poo poo out. so repeatg like 4-5 times a day. haiz....
n got one time, hubby was feeding mango to him n baby bite it off as he cm out a small sign of teeth. n mil go , ' oh, he sick coz goin to hv teeth!" i was like "huh, the only sign i noe when u teething is fever, cant b hvg stomach flu!"

n she kp on wanting to carry my baby ard, while he in the walker or juz lying there quietly. to my opinion, if the baby dun cry or ask to b carried, juz leave him quietly there, but she kp on carrying him all ard. I had to say, " dun carry so much, he is sick n can be spread easily" but mil juz ignored. n truely enuf, ytday gt sick, vomit2 n shit2 n mil feel so weak. N i say, " i told u not to b so close2 to baby rite?" n mr hubby too gt infected n i say, " eh, u also goin to be smart is it, so old oready but stil not clever yet?" LOL.....
evil me!
this stomach flu virus is quite xiong now. can spread easily even among the adults. my girl's child care has 2 teacher kenna. luckily my girl is fine. haiz. its always v difficult living with in laws. esp MIL. actually my own mum also always alot pattern. but i just 1 ear in, 1 ear out and just pretend i didnt see. only extreme cases then i voice out.
older generation will think whatever they does, ARE RIGHT. we have different views and opinion, esp its for our own kid.
if what my mum did, was done by my MIL, i think i ki siao already. so the diff is, mum is always mum, inlaws will be inlaws forever. the kind of "forgiveness" we can give is different. like now, want me to list the things my mum did not to my likings, i really cannot remember even if its yesterday. ha. but if u want me to list what my MIL did, for the past 1 year, i can rem all lor. HAHA!

any intention to get ur own flat? live on ur own?

luckily i insisted to buy a resale flat when i was preggy. else now, i confirm have difficult life. ha...

nutela

got flat oready, bto ..so nw stil waiting . but very long ah, 2014 then ready.
last time wan to get resale hse but my mil kp telling my hubby, no good to get resale hse, the reason is, u dun noe wat the previous owner hv left at the hse tat we bought.....haiz..those supernatural thinking...scared tis, scared tat...
i say ' as long u pray always in ur hse , n everythin wil b fine mah, so scared for wat?' dun understand lah...so modern now but stil scared of pontianak n spirits....

last time more wrst, my baby like to cry himself to slp, it became a habit, n his slping timing is at 7-8pm, n my mil keep saying pontianak hanging at my son. she even say tat she saw spirit goin into my room ....wah! cannot take it at tat time.
nowadays, i juz silent myself, go in 1 ear n cm out the other ear. no use i arguing back oso coz she stil repeat it n b mre stubborn. she even tell my hubby tat i am so stubborn!

i c my hubby oso pitiful coz he kena sandwich between we both....hehhehe...usually he side with his mum lah, n sometimes, he will ask me to cooperate or try to listen but most of the time i oso stubborn. tis is my son mah, i hv the rite to determine hw i wan him to be n taken care of.

i try feeding porridge for my baby but he seems not liking the taste, in fact he wan to vomit out. there was a time, i juz keep feeding in the porridge n he vomitted all out, therefore back to his rice cereal only. but nw mil kp repeating to eat porridge , eat porridge so he will b full n hv a full nite slp. N i say to her, " no need porridge oso can slp the whole nite, nw my bb dun ask for milk anymre in the nite, he juz continue to slp the whole nite!" .haiz....3mre yrs to freedom!

Gem2505

got flat oready, bto ..so nw stil waiting . but very long ah, 2014 then ready.
last time wan to get resale hse but my mil kp telling my hubby, no good to get resale hse, the reason is, u dun noe wat the previous owner hv left at the hse tat we bought.....haiz..those supernatural thinking...scared tis, scared tat...
i say ' as long u pray always in ur hse , n everythin wil b fine mah, so scared for wat?' dun understand lah...so modern now but stil scared of pontianak n spirits....

last time more wrst, my baby like to cry himself to slp, it became a habit, n his slping timing is at 7-8pm, n my mil keep saying pontianak hanging at my son. she even say tat she saw spirit goin into my room ....wah! cannot take it at tat time.
nowadays, i juz silent myself, go in 1 ear n cm out the other ear. no use i arguing back oso coz she stil repeat it n b mre stubborn. she even tell my hubby tat i am so stubborn!

i c my hubby oso pitiful coz he kena sandwich between we both....hehhehe...usually he side with his mum lah, n sometimes, he will ask me to cooperate or try to listen but most of the time i oso stubborn. tis is my son mah, i hv the rite to determine hw i wan him to be n taken care of.

i try feeding porridge for my baby but he seems not liking the taste, in fact he wan to vomit out. there was a time, i juz keep feeding in the porridge n he vomitted all out, therefore back to his rice cereal only. but nw mil kp repeating to eat porridge , eat porridge so he will b full n hv a full nite slp. N i say to her, " no need porridge oso can slp the whole nite, nw my bb dun ask for milk anymre in the nite, he juz continue to slp the whole nite!" .haiz....3mre yrs to freedom!
tahan 3 more years. its a long wait if u having difficult time there. are u working? if not working, damn sian, spend most of the time at home facing mil. -_-" if working, den at least only weekends and weekdays night time sian lor.

its never easy staying with in laws de. haha. out of 10 mums, 9 dont like inlaws. ha. me n in laws no prob. but i dont want people to ask this ask that, tell me to do this do that, want to interfere my daily life and teach me how to teach my bb etc etc. so, better to leave there b4 things happen. at least now, i only need to face them less than half a day each week. so dont really have time to have conflicts. hahaha! thats why i told my hubby, no matter what, never let his parents move in coz i dont want to create problems to everyone and end up, everyone not happy. Till then, if ask them move out, it will be v ugly, as if we throw them out. worst case, later end up i bth, divorce, then its beyond hope. so in order to make everyone happy, everyone dont stay tgt best. let him understand the whole situation coz his parents like got hint want to sell their flat and while finding new flat, they want to move in. so the min i reach home, i told him off and say NO WAY! ha.. im so bad. but thats the best for everyone~!

Mindyling

hi experienced mummies,

my baby is 3 weeks old....i have a few questions to ask...

do you wait for baby to cry before feeding him? Or when you see him pouting?

do you carry him immediately when he cries? Any disadvantages of letting baby cry for too long? i hope not to let baby get used to carrying so i try not to carry....

baby keeps on getting hiccup… is this normal?

Gem2505

hi experienced mummies,

my baby is 3 weeks old....i have a few questions to ask...

do you wait for baby to cry before feeding him? Or when you see him pouting?

do you carry him immediately when he cries? Any disadvantages of letting baby cry for too long? i hope not to let baby get used to carrying so i try not to carry....

baby keeps on getting hiccup… is this normal?
I was a first time mum, at that point of time, i follows the clock rather than wait for bb to cry, every 3hours i will auto feed. at such age, bb keep sleeping type. have to wake bb up for milk. i didnt wait for her to cry.
my girl wasnt those cry baby. seldom cry. better not let bb cry for too long.

there's reason why bb cry..
1. hungry
2. tired
3. tummy got air/ tummy ache
4. wet or dirty diaper
5. wants to be carried

slowly, u will know what ur bb wants.

oh yes, my girl always hiccup.. esp after milk time. think that last till she's 3-4months? even now, whenever she gets excited, she confirm will hiccup.

Mindyling

thanks gem for answering my questions....
my confinement lady waited til baby cries and even then, she say let him cry for a while and not spoil him by immediately carrying/feeding him...and also he becomes more awake to eat.... my heart very pain.... but i know she is very experienced... so this month i let her handle in her way.... just that i dunno how i should handle when im alone...
if try the 3-hourly method... another concern is will it be harder to prevent her from sleeping while feeding?