Edd, Feb 2011.

eowyn

I wanna do this family photoshoot once baby is out but im sure my hubby will think it's a waste of money! guys are just boring creatures! or shld i just pay myself so I can still get what i want?? Hmmm....
Haha.... my hubby loves taking pic so he's all for it. We also got sign up for baby photoshoot!

eowyn

Hello Zenn, if you feel your tummy, there's a regular rhythm for a while and it goes off after a few minutes.. that will feel like hiccups.. As my baby has turned downwards, the rhythm is more pronounced at my lower tummy..
I have been feeling that too! Was also wondering whether the regular 'tap tap' that i had been experiencing is due to hiccups or heartbeat. Hee..

Hi All,

Care to share how much u pay for CL (Confinement Lady)?

Any double charges during CNY period?
BR
I have engaged my CL through agency, it's about $2,200 which is about the same as those freelance CL. This is not application for CNY period. The rate for CNY period is about $3,300 to $3,800 for both freelance and agency. Some defines first 5 days as the CNY period, others define the first 15 days as the CNY period.

Hope this helps

Gem2505

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL~!!!

I'm SURE 2011 is gonna be an exciting year to all of us.
Hope our delivery and aftermath be smooth sailing with lotsa joy n laughters~

Take GREAT care n enjoy this holiday season~!
Looking forward to CNY nx~ wheeeeeeeee!!!!

Hi everyone....

It has been quite a while since I last check in this forum.....
Just wanna wish everyone Happy New Year!!!
And yes....aren't all of you excited since we will be seeing our bb soon... :p

Just started to purchase bb stuff yesterday kekeke (my Edd 14th Feb)....
went online to purchase medela breast pump just now....
bought a playpen & bb car seat yest from robinson....
but the lady told me there's gonna be taka fair in March, so my hubby will get the stroller from Taka fair in Mar for our bb......still cn't decide btw combi & Maclaren ;)

Hw abt you ladies? Hw's your prep?
Btw...would like to wish you all safe delivery......

Madako

Hi Sher, I think your baby is perfectly ok. Not too big.
Mine is 33 weeks, slightly smaller - 2.07kg. Doc says still within the right range.
even 2.5 also ok. mine also big tummy now. i gained 13kg so far. the baby can turn later too. Not to worry la.
me too, delivering in Thomson. I think you can specially request to your gynae. See if she can allow your mum or sis to go in.
Have u tried asking your doc?

my last appt was on xmas eve (last fri).. baby was 32 wks and weighing 2.295kg.. is she too big??? gynae said this is gd weight but i feel like kinda big, wait very diff to deliver.. =.="" ive gained abt 12-14kg so far.. as of last fri, my gal has yet to turn down too.. im worried but gynae asked me not to be so kan chiong..

btw, does any1 knows if thomson medical allows mum/sis to be present during labour? im asking bcos im single and its quite scary if im all alone.. ive asked gynae but he said it is subjected to hosp approval.. sigh..

Madako

Hi, I am planning to c section 2-3 days after CNY.
My CL quoted me $2400 for the 28 days after 10th Feb.
What about you?

Hi All,

Care to share how much you pay for CL (Confinement Lady)?

Any double charges during CNY period?

BR

Hi mummies,
Hope you all had a great start to the New Year! I guess it will be an exciting month for all of us who will due in Feb. Do rest well and hope all your preparation will be smooth-sailing.

I went for my 34 week check last week and baby is slightly bigger than average at 2.6kg.. but gynae says it's okay and I am now on fortnightly visit. In the past 1-2 days, I began to feel great pressure on my pelvic area, it's like the baby's head pressing hard on it.. Does anyone have the same feeling? Is this like baby being engaged in position? I hope I will deliver on time and not earlier..

Any mummies plan to go for natural birth without epidural? I don't know if I am over-estimating my endurance threshold and I read that by believing in your body and working with your baby can shorten the labour time.. But then again, it really depends on what happens in the delivery ward..:tlaugh:

Gem2505

Hi mummies,
Hope you all had a great start to the New Year! I guess it will be an exciting month for all of us who will due in Feb. Do rest well and hope all your preparation will be smooth-sailing.

I went for my 34 week check last week and baby is slightly bigger than average at 2.6kg.. but gynae says it's okay and I am now on fortnightly visit. In the past 1-2 days, I began to feel great pressure on my pelvic area, it's like the baby's head pressing hard on it.. Does anyone have the same feeling? Is this like baby being engaged in position? I hope I will deliver on time and not earlier..

Any mummies plan to go for natural birth without epidural? I don't know if I am over-estimating my endurance threshold and I read that by believing in your body and working with your baby can shorten the labour time.. But then again, it really depends on what happens in the delivery ward..:tlaugh:
counting down game now for us~! =)

hmm.. last week scan shows bb still in sitting position.. just hoping that when i go for my appt nx week, she will head down man.. as of last week, 31w5d, my girl is only about 1.5kg. she's like sooo underweight compared to all of u here.. but at least she's doing well so far.

experienced alot or too much movements over the weekends till i cant really concentrate on the things i do.. esp when im preparing to slp, she really tried her best to keep me awake.. -_-" end up, now, stone at work.

my edd is on 24feb. but i think i wanna start taking my ML from 10feb onwards. i've got a colleague, suppose to work till 31 dec, when her edd is on mid jan. end up, she didnt came in to work on 31 dec coz her waterbag burst at 7am! bb is about 36w+ only. im so afraid i will be like that den i will be in my office, with no help. coz im usually alone in the office..

im also experiencing false contractions ( menses cramp feeling ) over the past few days.. comes about 3-4 times a day. the pain is getting alil more intense each time. therefore, i started packing my hospital bag last night. just in case anything happens, im all ready. haha! super kiasu. all bb items are washed/cleaned/prepared. cant wait for the D day! I just hope i dont deliver anytime before CNY.. hopefully can go thru normal delivery with no epi. but my pain tolerance level is quite low i must say. but since so far, bb is quite small, hopefully i can get thru it.. *pray hard*

Last lap for all of us~! wheeeeeee~~~~~~

Happy New Year Mummies!

Back to work today, have to wake up so early, not used to it. Last nite while sleeping was woken up by mild cramp! Got a fright! Kept praying and telling my Baby it's not time yet! Luckily everything is all right, going to see my gynae tomorrow, will ask what causes the cramp, if it is a sign of early labor.

I have also packed my hospital bag just in case. Gem, don't worry, if your waterbag burst, still got time to rush back home, take a shower and head to the hospital. This is because you still need to monitor your contraction, i remembered in the antenatal class, the lady said no need to go so early, but of course must be within 24 hrs of waterbag burst, or when the frequency of the contraction become close, e.g. every 10 mins. Last night, i was reading my notes, hahaha

Gem2505

Happy New Year Mummies!

Back to work today, have to wake up so early, not used to it. Last nite while sleeping was woken up by mild cramp! Got a fright! Kept praying and telling my Baby it's not time yet! Luckily everything is all right, going to see my gynae tomorrow, will ask what causes the cramp, if it is a sign of early labor.

I have also packed my hospital bag just in case. Gem, don't worry, if your waterbag burst, still got time to rush back home, take a shower and head to the hospital. This is because you still need to monitor your contraction, i remembered in the antenatal class, the lady said no need to go so early, but of course must be within 24 hrs of waterbag burst, or when the frequency of the contraction become close, e.g. every 10 mins. Last night, i was reading my notes, hahaha
haha... very hardworking to read notes. LOL! I rather my waterbag burst at my office than at home.. coz my office is at novena.. super near to KKH.. i live at CCK, super far from the hospital. have told my husband that all he needs is to grab my hospital bag while i go for my delivery..
I told my gynae last week on the cramp im experiencing. he said its ok. just have to monitor the interval. if getting v close, have to go hospital immediately.
im only hoping that, for my nx appt which is nx tues, bb head down man.. my only concern now.. my side's HR asking when i wanna go for my ML loh.. still cannot make up my mind..
btw, i just booked the post natal massage lady - Ida. 7 sessions, $400. includes everything already and each session is about 1 hr.

etlo

Hi mummies,

Any mummies plan to go for natural birth without epidural? I dont't know if I am over-estimating my endurance threshold and I read that by believing in your body and working with your baby can shorten the labour time.. But then again, it really depends on what happens in the delivery ward..:tlaugh:
Hi I am planning to go without epidural as well though I know my treshold of pain is horrible. Reason is because I have been reading up. you can take a look at my blog where I posted information about it haha (Little Ones: How does Epidural Really Affect the Baby). That's why if possible and nothing major happens, I really want to have natural birth but if really cannot I guess I have to take caesarian (Little Ones: Why Vaginal Birth is Better than Cesarean) :embarrassed:.

haha... very hardworking to read notes. LOL! I rather my waterbag burst at my office than at home.. coz my office is at novena.. super near to KKH.. i live at CCK, super far from the hospital. have told my husband that all he needs is to grab my hospital bag while i go for my delivery..
I told my gynae last week on the cramp im experiencing. he said its ok. just have to monitor the interval. if getting v close, have to go hospital immediately.
im only hoping that, for my nx appt which is nx tues, bb head down man.. my only concern now.. my side's HR asking when i wanna go for my ML loh.. still cannot make up my mind..
btw, i just booked the post natal massage lady - Ida. 7 sessions, $400. includes everything already and each session is about 1 hr.
Hey, you manage to book Mdm Ida! Great, let's compare her service after she has visited us :)

Sher0220

Hi Sher, I think your baby is perfectly ok. Not too big.
Mine is 33 weeks, slightly smaller - 2.07kg. Doc says still within the right range.
even 2.5 also ok. mine also big tummy now. i gained 13kg so far. the baby can turn later too. Not to worry .
me too, delivering in Thomson. I think you can specially request to your gynae. See if she can allow your mum or sis to go in.
Have you tried asking your doc?
yup.. i did ask my gynae.. he was the one who told me its subjected to hosp approval.. he said hosp will usually decide based on the situation that day.. if happens that too many women delivering the same day, then probably chances not high.. im juz wondering if thomson had allowed any cases before.. hmm.. :bunsure:

im trying hard to prepare myself psychologically if i were to b alone.. :we2arghh:

hi all mummies,

left 1 more month n we will b able to c our little 1 ... yipee

i had just end my 10 days of hospital MC due to accident while stopping at traffic light when that uncle dont know y hit the back of my car. so scare when i was in hospital when the doc told me that i had a contraction which i didnt feel anything and ask me to stay in for observation. somemore tell me that i might deliver early which i was onli 33 weeks but lucky didnt n keep tell my small 1 to b strong n i will b there n must wait till full month ...

baby was about 2.2kg during my last check up, doc told me is abit bigger then normal but still ok ... gg to c her again tomolo

and hopefully can go without epidural this time on my big day ...

hoping to b on or after 3rd feb

Dragon76

Hi mummies,

Any mummies plan to go for natural birth without epidural? I dont't know if I am over-estimating my endurance threshold and I read that by believing in your body and working with your baby can shorten the labour time.. But then again, it really depends on what happens in the delivery ward..:tlaugh:
Hi Hi. I went for my week 34 too last day of 2010, 31st -Dec-2010. Mine was also too big at 2.8KG with 6 weeks to go. My gyan said if too big, might need to C Sect. I'm so worried too. Also, at week 32, suddenly my gyan told us it's a Gal insteady or Boy. We were totally "Shock" till last week, it's confirm a Girl Girl. We're so delighted:)

Gem2505

Hey, you manage to book Mdm Ida! Great, let's compare her service after she has visited us :)
=) yea. went thru the forum, saw lotsa names n numbers. so i just randomly pick 1 and call. ha! cannot wait for D day. awwwww.. planning to start my ML on 21 Feb when my edd is 24 feb. but i got a strong feeling i will deliver earlier. hopefully waterbag dont burst in my office. hahaha!