Edd, Feb 2011.

Mookie

hmm.. think confinement time, i have to call my mum everyday to cook my fave food. only she know what i like best. mother in law cooking and my taste dont match at all. every night go home dinner, i will have bad appetite... thus, eat VERY little. maybe 3 mouth of rice.. dishes all that also never really touch. =(
not good for my baby. so i had to drink milk all that to satisfy my hunger.
but i love fries to the MAX! every time da bao large fries from MAC before going home. haha. quickly finish before i reach home. *prevent mother in law naggings* LOL!
Haha that's funny. Well you can make your own honey birdnest if you are craving for something to eat. It is certainly light and nourishing.

Some recipes for you! How to prepare your 7 stars bird =)

Actually I agree with your thoughts too, for me and my hubby, we have no one to turn to for support, we are totally on our own, so by hook or by crook we have to put Ashley in the infant care. Planning beforehand is really really very important for our case, I cannot stress further. We are also restricted in our social activities too, e.g. recently I feel like going for a SSO concert but the first thing that comes into my mind ‘who is going to look after my gal?’ Also, when I need to travel for biz trip, my hubby will be alone taking care of our gal, imagine him cleaning up her poo, sigh, you know what I mean? We still have to do housework, we are totally exhausted, everyday we are in operational mode, do things quickly then sleep early cos our gal will wake up at 1plus, 4 plus every nite without fail. So, we feel that one child is really what we can handle at this moment, probably no more.

I also thought of the fact that Ashley will be lonely without any sibling butfund to go university, plus the quality time we can spend with her, I think we really have to make some sacrifices one way or another.
. Hi rabbymum: just a suggestion (hope u don't mind)... U can actually train Ashley to sleep through the night without the feedings. I know how u feel with the night feedings coz my son used to wake up at nite for nite feedings. But frm the 3rd mth onwards, we train him to sleep through the nite. It really makes everyone life much easier.

nutela

hi jheyy...

hope everything fine on ur side.... hvg another baby is a joyful news n not to be feeling so stress out.. happy thoughts gv a happy baby...winks winks...

Hi mummmies.....
long time no log in...hw is everyone doin? bz with work n babies, n tackling mil like me??? hehehhe
i a very direct person n i find it so hard when i juz say no to my mil, n my hubby is aalways sandwich in between but i still get kena scolded in e end...
haiz....

Jheyyy

They knew about my pregnancy already. but in front of me they still act blur, as though they don't know anything. I think they're just waiting for me to break the news to them myself. This is so torturing !

Gem2505

Aly is still on waiting list for infant care. That's why I got no choice but to rely on them for now. Sigh.
My hospital appt is on the 26th Nov. & I still don't know how to tell them to look after Aly for me. My hubby will be working. I don't think I'll be able to handle if I were to bring her along cos I foresee got to wait v long. Seriously don't know what to do...
hmm.. other than Aunt, no one else u can turn to? cousins? if me, i will rather bring bb along. just put her in her stroller and walk around, when its time to go in, den u bring her in tgt. check up quite fast de mar. or find those infant care that has the 1 day service. not sure how much. but i heard there's such service. only scared aly cannot get use to the environment and teachers/friends.

Gem2505

Actually I agree with your thoughts too, for me and my hubby, we have no one to turn to for support, we are totally on our own, so by hook or by crook we have to put Ashley in the infant care. Planning beforehand is really really very important for our case, I cannot stress further. We are also restricted in our social activities too, e.g. recently I feel like going for a SSO concert but the first thing that comes into my mind ‘who is going to look after my gal?’ Also, when I need to travel for biz trip, my hubby will be alone taking care of our gal, imagine him cleaning up her poo, sigh, you know what I mean? We still have to do housework, we are totally exhausted, everyday we are in operational mode, do things quickly then sleep early cos our gal will wake up at 1plus, 4 plus every nite without fail. So, we feel that one child is really what we can handle at this moment, probably no more.

I also thought of the fact that Ashley will be lonely without any sibling but in our current society, if we want to give her the best, ensuring she got good foundation and sufficient fund to go university, plus the quality time we can spend with her, I think we really have to make some sacrifices one way or another.
i felt so blessed now althou i keep complaining. lol. my mum, mil , sibilings will help to look after my girl whenever needed. my girl stays over at my parents place over the weekend without fail. if she fall sick on weekdays, she will stay over there too coz i will be working.. so usually, i dont have problem finding someone to look aft if i need to go out chill, movie, dinner, concert,etc. i also cannot leave my hubby to look aft my girl alone for too long. maybe after 8pm at night, coz shortly after that, she will be asleep. ha. my girl is a good sleeper, so, as long as we make her slp, everything is OK. home chores, mostly done by hubby. i only does maybe 20%? ha. coz i will be looking after bb when he does the housework. so, i wont be so tired.

since our kid already goes to sch, she has lotsa friends there to spend time with. comes to weekends, just meet some friends with kids or cousins with nephews/nieces lor. talking about standard of living, no matter how much $ we have, we wont be satisfied. things will get more ex. cant really plan well, only can walk 1 step see 1 step lor.

Gem2505

They knew about my pregnancy already. but in front of me they still act blur, as though they don't know anything. I think they're just waiting for me to break the news to them myself. This is so torturing !
then act blur till u need to tell them lor? u need to do housework or carry heavy stuff at home? try to avoid when needed. they cook for u? just lookout on the food that you shouldnt be eating lor.

take care ok. where u stay? your doc appointment can be done on weekends? so at least ur hubby can help out.

Gem2505

brought my girl to genting last weekend. nothing much. but something kept pondering me was, my mum, somehow, doesnt want me to have #2. As I've mentioned b4, she's someone whom always running around, travelling, mj, hi tea with friends,etc.

I was having tummy ache when we're about to board the coach back to SG. but didnt have the "feel" to go toilet. so i sat there and rest awhile. den my mum asked, if i was having menses pain coz i always have v bad manses cramp all along. den i say, NO. den my hubby was merely casting a comment, "#2 is coming la". den i replied him " siao! I just had my menses last week ". my mum reply was " dont scare me.. "
my inner thinking reaction was.. " was it scary? even i have another kid? " even if i have another bb, i see nothing wrong about it. just that, i might not be ready YET. but WILL be ready if there's really such a case.

totally put off by it. bcoz my mum was the main care giver for my girl, other than myself, i foresee she wouldnt want to look after #2 for me if there's such a case. she somehow hinted me about it.

im somehow also irritated by her at times, whereby she's somehow "$ face". the thing is that, she dont even need my $ at all, she has all she needed, spend $ like nobody biz, buy expensive stuffs, travels, etc. but sometimes, when talk about $, she will give remarks,etc.

like how she set the monthly allowance i gave her to be $500. which is quite a sum actually. its about 25% of my take home pay. even after i have a kid, the amt still remains. I've seen MANY other parents whom are MORE understanding that they will take lesser $ from their child when they have a children coz apparently, expenses goes up higher.

haiz, too long story, wont be able to list all. just that, i have nobody to talk about about all these. my hubby been asking me to tell my mum can we give lesser anot, but I'M VERY Sure that i will get a STRAIGHT NO and she will confirm say " YOUr hubby ask you to like that one right". then will say we very stingy , etc, etc. BTH. sometimes talk about these, i v pek chek. urgh!

nutela

hi gem,

y ur own mother like tat? r u the only daughter she hv? she should b supportive of u mah, hvg a 2nd one will gv a companion to ur little girl
anyway , y should we care bout wat others say mah, my mil oso says to me not to hv another one yt until my first kid hv grwn up. its my own life n furthermore, i the one who take care of my own child n nobody is helpin at all

Gem2505

hi gem,

y ur own mother like tat? r u the only daughter she hv? she should b supportive of u mah, hvg a 2nd one will gv a companion to ur little girl
anyway , y should we care bout wat others say mah, my mil oso says to me not to hv another one yt until my first kid hv grwn up. its my own life n furthermore, i the one who take care of my own child n nobody is helpin at all
hmm.. im not the only child, im the youngest infact. n my elder sibilings dont need to give her allowance at all. she somehow felt that im very loaded. -_-" im earning the least compared to my elder sibilings lor. she can say, my sis alot of bills to pay, so no $. I DONT Have bills meh? i cant be bothered to argue over such thing. n there's nothing i can do about it. apparently, both my sibiling are SINGLE still. n they have NO KIDS. so, who has higher expenses?!

about having another kid. i dunno why she is against it or rather AFRAID of it. maybe she scared I will ask her help me look aft bb when im at work? i dunno. but, i will depend on myself now. plan well. make sure everything is well planned b4 having another one then.

i got a fren, kenna sabo by her own mum. her mum said she will help to do confinement and look after her baby for her from mon-thurs. den fri-sun bring to her inlaw place. she only delivered her boy LAST Thurs. On sunday, her own mum called her hubby up and told him she dont wanna look after bb anymore coz she wanna tag along her hubby to the community centre for karaoke session. wth. this kind of reason also have! then my fren now panic. nobody do confinement and look aft bb for her. no choice, her in law settle for her. they went to the maid agency yesterday to request for 1 maid to look after the baby for her and her inlaws PAY for the maid.

every family has its problem. no perfect problem-free one. sian-ness!

nutela

yup...agree..every family hv his own problem n difficulty... but its not fair for u to b the one contributing whereas ur older siblings r not yet married n hv lesser expenses than us!....

Moon kok

Congrats!!! Dun bother how other ppls thoughs..Just be strong and believe both you and hubby can do it :) Cheers!

Gem2505

yup...agree..every family hv his own problem n difficulty... but its not fair for u to b the one contributing whereas ur older siblings r not yet married n hv lesser expenses than us!....
haizzz.. what to do. my mum thinks im MORE capable and have better education so i am ABLE to contribute more. I paid 100% of my UNI sch fees on my own. my hubby paid for it at first then i slowly pay him back and i've finished paying $13K to him. maybe the way i spend $ and splurge on travelling and good food, my mum thinks that i'm freaking rich.
haiz. i just have to face to it. else she will start to make noise and stories up. later say confirm is my hubby ask me do this n that, den later blackmouth him all that.. alot rubbish later on.
so, just close 1 eye and bear with it.

im going korea in Jan 2012. so last Friday i went to winter time fair at Expo. spend $600++ there for winter clothes. then she say i v rich, should increase the $500 higher.. but winter clothes must get what. else i go there wearing t-shirt meh. -_-" she keep asking me to borrow from my couin in law all that. but, we different size, how to share.

pek chek!

nutela

u goin korea when?????
i goin frm dec 25 - jan 6...without my baby...i was at the winter sale too....n oso buying the winter clothes...heheheh

Gem2505

u goin korea when?????
i goin frm dec 25 - jan 6...without my baby...i was at the winter sale too....n oso buying the winter clothes...heheheh
oh. i went on friday to the fair without my bb too. haha. im going on 02 Jan - 09 Jan( 8 days ).. whao! yours is 13 days! sooo long! my bb wont be going korea too. ha! need a break man.

Jheyyy

Thanks Moon Kok !,

Sigh, talk about $$, ytd my aunt told my girl again, "tell your mummy go work whole day la, then I stay at home look after you." I straightaway stare her, then she just smile smile. Irritating lor ! Last time also always bug me for money. Then she help me look after my girl. Wtf.
Ytd also told my girl, when her meimei or didi born liao, my girl go sleep with her. then I look after the small one. V angry !

Moon kok

Sometime is really can't be bother with those irritationg peoples around. Talk 'c***' is always easy for them but no action at all. Just stay happy mood for the #2 :) really happy for you :)

Thanks Moon Kok !,

Sigh, talk about $$, ytd my aunt told my girl again, "tell your mummy go work whole day la, then I stay at home look after you." I straightaway stare her, then she just smile smile. Irritating lor ! Last time also always bug me for money. Then she help me look after my girl. Wtf.
Ytd also told my girl, when her meimei or didi born liao, my girl go sleep with her. then I look after the small one. V angry !