EDD Feb 2012

Hi Osaka,

I m not sure if there is any sales for kiddy palace, but there are a few more places selling baby stuffs, eg Kaki Bukit and places.. Are you aware of them? Else I can give you the address. One of my colleagues recommended a shop at Chinatown, he mentioned is one of the cheapest so far he compared..
Athes

might sharing the shop you mentioned in Chinatown??

sandywxy

Selling Capella S230 premium cony stroller @ $250.
* Used less than 10 times. Bought this year!
Perfect condition!
Retailing @ $399 at Mothercare!

-

Selling Avent electronic/manual single breastpump @ $190
100% Brand new in packaging!
Comes with Free breast shield!

Prices can be negociated!
Sms @ 98899784

clap

Hospital bag + Hospital room

Hello Feb mummies...
Have you got your hospital bag ready? Do you have a checklist to share?

How many bedder are you going to take? I think only single bedder hubby can stay with me...

Time flies in 2nd tri. I'm really enjoying it!!! :001_302:

ast0212

Hello Feb mummies...

How many bedder are you going to take? I think only single bedder hubby can stay with me...

Hi Clap, good to hear you're enjoying your 2nd trimester!! I think 2nd tri is the best! Because 1st is all the morning sickness/nausea.. then 3rd is where we feel so heavy and worse when it is hot!!

I haven't packed my bag yet...Over here because I'm going to a Family Birth Centre, they discharge us within 24 hours of giving birth so I probably don't need a hospital bag... but I think I will still pack one in case I need to be transferred to the main hospital if bub has bad jaundice or something, at least I'll be ready. As for bed, I'll be taking to queen sized bed at home! :001_302:

What I packed for my first baby:
-Comfy clothes, nursing bras, undies and thongs (slippers)
-Maternity pads
-Lots of biscuits
-Toiletries
-nursing pads, but that was a waste of space as my milk didn't come in until day 5!
-Baby clothes and wrap for going home
-Baby nappies & bum wipes. Good for cleaning yourself too if you are not going to take a shower.
-Camera!!

minfatong

Now that some of us are commencing our 3rd trim (i'm in my 28th week), i think we really gotta start packing / plan to pack the bag to hospi ! I read in some of the threads, that it is advisable to pack everything in a cabin luggage bag coz you really need to pack quite a number of items - for mum and baby. and when you are ready to pack and go home from the hospi, i guess you would be too busy to pack nicely into a small bag. just dump in the luggage and go! :)

my gynae told me not to travel after christmas, so i guess i'll probably be packing my bag by Year End and be loading it into the car by early jan. any of you mummies have packed the bag already? (!!!!) aren't we all excited!!!!!!!!
Hi chjean, im in my 28th week this week! ya, i got the list ready but didnt pack anything yet. I oso plan to dump everything in the luggage as we do not own a car. I think is easy to pull a luggage than carrying a big bag.

Yeah, gynae said no more travel after xmas, so I will arrange my mum to come over Sg during that time and she will stays here with me and help me for the confinement month.

Which hospital r u going to deliver your bb?

minfatong

Hello Feb mummies...

Hi clap,

which hospital r u going? Im going Thomson and most probably i will take 4 bedder, I heard high chances to be upgraded to 2 bedder for free for first timer there. As Im not working, hope to save some $ here and there.

Yup, really enjoy the 2nd tri..especially enjoy the belly dancing part..haha..I always touch my belly and talk to bb when he moves no matter im at home or outside (dont care whether others are staring at me..haha)

Athes

Hi Dumbocarebear,

So sorry the the late reply. I juz got the info from my colleague yesterday. The shop name is Cheong Choon, tel: 65323855. This shop is a very conventional shop located at hawker center upstairs next to Chinatown OG.

Check it out and let me know if is really cheap cheap cheap.. Haha.. I hv yet to start buying a single thing for BB except the baby cot and stroller. Haha... Really donno what to buy.

Athes

might sharing the shop you mentioned in Chinatown??

Athes

Hi Minfatong & Clap,

I hv one "packing list" from my Fren, u gals need it?

Haha.. I m into 3rd Trimester now. Haha.. Luv the belly dancing, same as u gals, I luv to talk to my tummy every now and then, but feel so embarrass when I am whenever there's a third party. Haha..

Hi clap,

which hospital r u going? Im going Thomson and most probably i will take 4 bedder, I heard high chances to be upgraded to 2 bedder for free for first timer there. As Im not working, hope to save some $ here and there.

Yup, really enjoy the 2nd tri..especially enjoy the belly dancing part..haha..I always touch my belly and talk to bb when he moves no matter im at home or outside (dont care whether others are staring at me..haha)

Athes

Hi all mummies to be,

Finally my gynae asked me to choose the hospital for birth le. Haha..

I m planning to go Mount Alvernia. Any of you went for the hospital tour before? If yes, any idea what are the things they'll provide? I heard they will give u the baby bath tub tat ur BB used during the stay when u discharge, is that true?

Pls advise me so that I won't duplicate and buy the extra set.

Thank u..

Athes

Hey mummies to be,

For the 1st Trimester, we did Oscar test. 2nd Trimester, did the detailed scan. Is there any scan or test we need to take in 3rd Trimester?

osaka

Hi Athes,
Many thanks for sharing!! Appreciate your efforts :) !!! My hubby actually feel that a Baby Cot's model in ikea is very stable & strong but there is no blue colour available. I dont think i can check with the distributor right? Cos i understand that shop dont carry much display so no point making a trip down without any idea of the model you want. Any website for selection of baby cots ?
Stroller - still considering whether to get one or not. Cos we dont own a car...
Just went check-up & my bb weights 1.1kg ...... :)

Hi Dumbocarebear,

So sorry the the late reply. I juz got the info from my colleague yesterday. The shop name is Cheong Choon, tel: 65323855. This shop is a very conventional shop located at hawker center upstairs next to Chinatown OG.

Check it out and let me know if is really cheap cheap cheap.. Haha.. I hv yet to start buying a single thing for BB except the baby cot and stroller. Haha... Really donno what to buy.

ast0212

Hi girls,

Just remembered an item that is really good for after birth. I don't know what it is called in Singapore or whether it is the same - It's called Ural which is a urine alkaliser as it may sting when going to pee for days after giving birth.. It comes in sachets and you add it to water and drink it. It helps so it doesn't sting when you pee :)

Athes

Hi Ast0212,

Is the first time I heard of that. Haha.. But quite true, never tot of this problem before. Let me check with my experienced frens and get back to u gals.. But tot for the confinement, we can't drink plain water, but only red dates tea?

Will come back soon..

Hi girls,

Just remembered an item that is really good for after birth. I don't know what it is called in Singapore or whether it is the same - It's called Ural which is a urine alkaliser as it may sting when going to pee for days after giving birth.. It comes in sachets and you add it to water and drink it. It helps so it doesn't sting when you pee :)

Athes

Hi Osaka,

I dun think they hv lots of display in the shop, but u can call and check. For the baby cot, I went down to Ikea too.. In fact the quality is okie.. Simple and economic. I was planning to get one in fact, but after pop by the BB Fair at Expo, my HB saw the rocking cot, and we juz knew we r having a BB girl, so he decided to buy the cutie rocking cot for his girl lo. Haha.. If is a boy, think the treatment will be diff. Haha..

My friends advise is, dun buy ex cot and stroller, coz many BB dun wanna sleep in cot and run wanna sit in stroller. So if u hv Fren who wanna give the second hand stuff, juz take it.

Oh ya.. One more thing, for the baby cot, the price u see is only the cot, u need also the bedding, mattress and the guard, bolster, pillow and things.. One whole set is about 100 plus, excluding the mattress. So check out if the supplier have all these included. In addition to that, u need to buy another set of bedding for changing when u do the washing.

Most importantly, when u buy the cot, make sure u buy the standard size. My friend bought from mothercare for a cot which is "on sale" about 200++. Then she found out the cot is bigger than the standard size, so she can only buy the bedding, mattress thingy from mothercare too, eventually she paid 1000 for the whole set of thing.

For stroller, I think is good to have, (though I dun know if my BB would want to sit), coz u dun hv to carry BB all the time. I had been looking for a 3 wheels stroller as I feel is better in maneuvering. My plan is for my hb to push BB out with him when he goes for his daily jog. Haha.. Tat's the reason I need good manoeuvring. Haha.. All those 3 wheels strollers are ex from either Internet or shop, mostly above $1000. But I managed to get the "no brand" stroller about $200+.

I ll check the supplier for my stroller and cot for u, if u wanna it?

Let me know.

Cheers...

Hi Athes,
Many thanks for sharing!! Appreciate your efforts :) !!! My hubby actually feel that a Baby Cot's model in ikea is very stable & strong but there is no blue colour available. I dont think i can check with the distributor right? Cos i understand that shop dont carry much display so no point making a trip down without any idea of the model you want. Any website for selection of baby cots ?
Stroller - still considering whether to get one or not. Cos we dont own a car...
Just went check-up & my bb weights 1.1kg ...... :)

chjean

Hi Dumbocarebear,

Hi Athes , just called that number. will be checking it out this week.
i'm lacking newborn daily wear clothes now, went to many places but have not been able to find button front shirts for newborns..
hope this place has what i want.. and if its cheap, i'm gonna grab a lot!
shall update here after i check this place out..

chjean

Aww it would be nice if you had it there so it makes it easier to do clothes shopping since babies grow out of clothes so quickly! Maybe in the future there might be something like that.

A thought just came to me, if you want I can help you shop for some items here and post it to you and you can pay only for the cost of items and postage, I won't be profiting from it as I'd like to help wherever possible. The next Baby Market is 27/11. I can also send you pics of what I bought for my baby so you have an idea of how it is...only if you want to though, it's completely up to you :)
HI Ast, so kind of you to offer this help.. i have quite a few items from my friend who outgrew the clothes. i'll also be checking out the store that Athes recommended and am asking my mum to check out Malaysia when she goes there shopping. will let you know if i really can't get anything from the shops here..big thank you!

chjean

Hi Chjean,

I m 27week, think our EDD is quite near. Haha.. But for bag packing, I hv yet to buy a single stuff... Haha.. Nothing to pack yet. I think I m the real "slow motion" type.. Juz check the calendar, BB will due in 90days.

Are u working? I m still thinking when should I start on leave, many colleagues say I can't work till due date then go to hospital. Hmm... So I really donno when is the best time as I hv to impact in also my teaching class schedule and syllabus.
yes! our due date is approaching , so fast! my due date is 6 feb, and i've arranged with my company to commence my leave from 23Jan, which is the first day of Chinese New Year. my maternity leave will commence from the day I give birth. I plan to return to office by 2 May and will be taking flexi leave for the last month so that I can bring my bb for vaccinations etc without much hassle. have you planned by now?

chjean

Hi chjean, im in my 28th week this week! ya, i got the list ready but didnt pack anything yet. I oso plan to dump everything in the luggage as we do not own a car. I think is easy to pull a luggage than carrying a big bag.

Yeah, gynae said no more travel after xmas, so I will arrange my mum to come over Sg during that time and she will stays here with me and help me for the confinement month.

Which hospital r u going to deliver your bb?
Hi Minfatong, I have booked the delivery room at Mt Alvernia for a 2 bedder. I can't stand sleeping alone if it's a 1bedder.
i don't think hubby will be staying in the room, and I really don't mind having a fellow mummy staying with me for the few days.
i'm only afraid my many visiting relatives may disturb her sleep.. hehe..