Edd feb 2014

Gabrielle86

Mommies who have delivered and w confinement nanny at home. How are things going for you?

my nanny says my baby is a big drinker and my milk might not be able to replenish as soon to meet her demand. N latching on makes baby n mommy tired. Milk flow small n nipple pain.

My nipples r short so v difficult to latch on. I got used nipple shied but still difficult so I hv no choice but to express n feed. Luckily my bb quite adaptable, she can be bottle feed n cup feed.n bottle teats different brand Also fine with her. So now she is mostly bottle feed with formula n supplement with my breast milk if I hv flow. I try to pump every 3 hrly for now

mummy dee

Milk supply was not a lot in first few days but I've been taking Motilium and fenugreek capsules. Now I pump about 2-3 ounces each time and I pump 5-6 times a day. We saw LC at Thomson Parentcraft twice and they advised 10 times a day and get enough rest but its hard. They also advised not to use bottle and maintain cup feeding but we gave up after a few days because its very slow and lots if wastage.

What about you JJ2011? What else did your LC say?

hi, how is your milk supply? N do you meet lactation consultant?

Milk supply was not a lot in first few days but I've been taking Motilium and fenugreek capsules. Now I pump about 2-3 ounces each time and I pump 5-6 times a day. We saw LC at Thomson Parentcraft twice and they advised 10 times a day and get enough rest but its hard. They also advised not to use bottle and maintain cup feeding but we gave up after a few days because its very slow and lots if wastage.

how much do they charge for LC bf counseling at Thomson parent craft? Is it a 1-to-1 session? My gal doesn't like to latch on so I have been bottle feeding her with ebm..
of course I prefer her to direct latch on..I have not attended any bf class after birth coz there is no class on weekend when I gave birth..

my gal is now 10 days old

Forgot to add my milk supply now is full bottle each pump yielding about 200ml combined breasts
did not eat any supplement..eat fish daily

mummy dee

Wow 200ml is impressive. The sessions at Thomson are $86 each time, one to one. They are open Mon to Fri and Sat half day. Why wait till weekend? Cos your hubby is working?

how much do they charge for LC bf counseling at Thomson parent craft? Is it a 1-to-1 session? My gal doesn't like to latch on so I have been bottle feeding her with ebm..
of course I prefer her to direct latch on..I have not attended any bf class after birth coz there is no class on weekend when I gave birth..

mummy dee

Oops I realised I misread your post regarding the weekend. So you delivered on 8 Feb at TMC?

they charged me $60. Cos my breast were super engorged on day 3, no choice need their help n rented pump from them for $100

Oops I realised I misread your post regarding the weekend. So you delivered on 8 Feb at TMC?
Ya delivered on 8feb..was told by nurse that there is no bf class on weekend..was discharged next day..

I'm going to see Gynae follow up tomorrow so will check out the class..do you think it's helpful? Does your bb latch on well?

mummy dee

I delivered on 7 Feb at TMC and managed to catch the class on 8 Feb.

The LCs there are helpful and they do teach you how to massage your breast to clear and blocked ducts. They will show you all the "tricks" to get the baby to latch and I think I've learnt that it's common that most mothers can't get baby to latch on properly because our nipples are usually not sharp enough at the beginning. They introduced the Nipple shield, nipple puller, supplementer, recommend that I use pump before trying to latch.. It's good to go and try out what works for you and baby before you decide to go out and buy the thing. My baby still needs some training but I managed to get her to suckle using the nipple shield.. Ultimately it's up to us mothers to persist and keep trying..

Ya delivered on 8feb..was told by nurse that there is no bf class on weekend..was discharged next day..

I'm going to see Gynae follow up tomorrow so will check out the class..do you think it's helpful? Does your bb latch on well?

Rye

My baby is 5 days old. I latch between 7am to 9pm. Afterward nanny will feed formula at night so I can hv a good sleep. I hv flow issue n pumping doesn't seem to help but breast feel hard so I hand express once in middle of night. I think u hv to find a schedule that works for u.

Maria Wee

Hi Maria

I'm also new to this forum, first time mommy induced 7 Feb... My baby girl does drink small amounts at times and gets hungry in an hour or so. Perhaps that is normal that sometimes baby wants more or less milk?

My son does this during the 2am feed and would only normalise in the morning, around close to 7am. we're wondering if it's because it's because he's too sleepy to finish his 2am feed, causing him to wake earlier crying for more.

previously he was having some problem with wind as we noticed him grimacing more and farting less. he became more grouchy so we brought him to TCM baby massage to remove wind and he started farting again (thank goodness).

he was had slight jaundice so we had to sunbathe him every morn and evening. a bit heartpain to always have him cry as we sunbathe him.

Maria Wee

My baby is 5 days old. I latch between 7am to 9pm. Afterward nanny will feed formula at night so I can hv a good sleep. I hv flow issue n pumping doesn't seem to help but breast feel hard so I hand express once in middle of night. I think u hv to find a schedule that works for u.
my milk flow not fast enough i think so baby refuse to latch on and suck consistently. keep pushing away so i've been expressing milk out to store and bottle feed him. right now i pump 4 hourly so that i can rest enough but night time we'll feed him with formula (i'll still pump) cos it takes time to thaw the milk and heat it up. both breast combined i get about 110ml per pump. sometimes more sometimes less.

JJ2011

Hi mummydee, I also hope my milk supply will come in the first few days;but I m not. And I had latching problems (due to nipple is big & bb didn't open his mouth)..These issues make me upset again.I "consult" from the pd & my gynea. They recommend a experienced LC for e & I get help.

Hi mummydee, I also hope my milk supply will come in the first few days;but I m not. And I had latching problems (due to nipple is big & bb didn't open his mouth)..These issues make me upset again.I "consult" from the pd & my gynea. They recommend a experienced LC for e & I get help.
Don't be upset, mine are inverted n short so c difficult to latch too so no choice hv to pump n pump

Gabrielle86

My output only 40-50mls 2breasts.
Baby latch on in the day interval every 1-2hrs. So I try to pump as much as I could to store for the night. If not nanny will give FM.

pixietree

Hi mummies,

congrats to all mummies who have delivered. My c-sec is scheduled for this Saturday. Am wondering if the hospital still provide milk powder (in case need to supplement). I remembered they did for my no 1 but heard there is some change in policy cos they are promotions breastfeeding. I am delivering in Mt A