Edd feb 2014

mummy dee

How is everyone doing in their confinement?

It is tiring to play catch up with my baby's feeding as I express my milk for her to drink :( I think I spend so much time pumping it is more than the time I spend carrying baby.
Using the nipple shield to latch her on hurts and I can only get her to do that if she's not to hungry yet or by feeding her a little bit with the bottle first otherwise she will cry murder..

Any suggestions on how to make it better?

bluestarz

How is everyone doing in their confinement?

It is tiring to play catch up with my baby's feeding as I express my milk for her to drink :( I think I spend so much time pumping it is more than the time I spend carrying baby.
Using the nipple shield to latch her on hurts and I can only get her to do that if she's not to hungry yet or by feeding her a little bit with the bottle first otherwise she will cry murder..

Any suggestions on how to make it better?
Experiencing the same thing... For me I now pump every 6 hours instead (electric and hand express). I also use pacifier and try to train my son to feed every 3 hrs (he used to want to feed every one hour, every two hours, and everytime it's different amount he feeds. -_- He is 11 days old now, drinking 80ml each feeding. :err: Don't know whether that's normal. So now, I every 3 hours prepare to feed him, sometimes even before he cries.

If you can, try latching again and maybe pump half, the other half latch? Will be trying to latch my son again after my massage sessions end next week.

sweating, drinking longan tea, eating confinement food with everything ginger and pumping every 3-4hrs. that's my routine. the only time I carry baby is at night when I took over from my in law taking care of baby with hubby.

i didnt manage age to let baby latch on too much. so I decided to pump diligently and occasional latching when baby is not too hungry. :) milk supply always lack behind baby's feed but I just supplement with fm. don't wanna be hard on myself so that I won't feel too depressed. oh I always apply nipple cream after every pump or feed so that nipple won't hurt so much.

jia you everyone!

Gabrielle86

Wah seh... I also super sweaty. Armpit like forever got smelly sour smell. Last time run x-country or 2.4 also nv sweat so much, esp aft drinking longan drink, all the sweat flow n drip.
Baby cry every 2 hour sharp for feeding. Nipple Alrdy super sore n raw. But lucky night time my Confinement nanny feed w the milk I pumped out. So I can still slp thru the night. (Wonder how to cope if one month later she goes back.)
what brand of newborn formula milk do you guys give?

bluestarz

For sore or cracked nipples, use ur breastmilk to rub over the nipples and airdry. I initially also got cracked nipples from using too strong suction (attempting to pump as much milk as possible), until it bleed when I pump, so ended up with "strawberry milk". So the next pumping session, I started on the breast that is not affected, then when the affected nipple started to drip, I quickly use the milk to moisturize the nipple first, then when I switch to the affected breast, I use the smallest suction. I also pump lesser on the affected breast and use hand express instead. After that I scared liao, don't dare use full suction. :x Slow and steady better... Or hand express! :p

mummy dee

That sounds like my routine too. I carry baby during the day too but the wrap makes it hard to carry, feed and anything! As if being a mother is not hard enough :P

The past few days have been super hot too.. Shower time has never been more enjoyable..

My milk supply is lagging and I think baby is going through growth spurt. She just finished 2 scoops of formula and still hungry and kept crying. No choice we fed her 3 scoops within the next hour and she finished all the milk! Omg.

sweating, drinking longan tea, eating confinement food with everything ginger and pumping every 3-4hrs. that's my routine. the only time I carry baby is at night when I took over from my in law taking care of baby with hubby.

i didnt manage age to let baby latch on too much. so I decided to pump diligently and occasional latching when baby is not too hungry. :) milk supply always lack behind baby's feed but I just supplement with fm. don't wanna be hard on myself so that I won't feel too depressed. oh I always apply nipple cream after every pump or feed so that nipple won't hurt so much.

jia you everyone!

mummy dee

We give her Enfamil.

My nipples are sore too :(

Wah seh... I also super sweaty. Armpit like forever got smelly sour smell. Last time run x-country or 2.4 also nv sweat so much, esp aft drinking longan drink, all the sweat flow n drip.
Baby cry every 2 hour sharp for feeding. Nipple Alrdy super sore n raw. But lucky night time my Confinement nanny feed w the milk I pumped out. So I can still slp thru the night. (Wonder how to cope if one month later she goes back.)
what brand of newborn formula milk do you guys give?

for me we gave similac. cos at hospital alr supplement with that.

ya ya using breast milk to moisture the nipple and air dry before wearing clothes back help too. think sore nipples are what most of us gg thru now.

my boy also demand quite a lot. 60ml of breast milk can only last him for 2hrs. 60ml of fm will last him abt 2plus-3hrs. if feed fm I will give abit of water in between feeds. cos fm is more heaty, don't want him to end up constipated. but today we seems to find that he is not satisfied with 60ml. think will need to increase volume soon. hopefully my pumping can catch up with him soon.. :)

jia you mummies!

mummy dee

Hey ladies

I would like to start a WhatsApp chat group for Feb 14 mummies. Please send me a private message with your number if you are keen.

Thanks and look forward to chatting with everyone!

As my bb doesn't like to latch on I have been bottle feed her with ebm.
i get 200ml each pump from both breasts. Now I pump 2 or 3 times a day.. Used to pump like every 4 hours when breasts started to harden and hurts..

my gal is 15 days old and drink 80ml per feed..occasionally I feed fm coz already bought a tin on day 2 due to milk supply hasn't kick in yet

mummy dee

Envy your milk supply..

As my bb doesn't like to latch on I have been bottle feed her with ebm.
i get 200ml each pump from both breasts. Now I pump 2 or 3 times a day.. Used to pump like every 4 hours when breasts started to harden and hurts..

my gal is 15 days old and drink 80ml per feed..occasionally I feed fm coz already bought a tin on day 2 due to milk supply hasn't kick in yet