EDD in July?

bochup

After much "research" I guess baby kingdom got more cheaper and worth cot then baby hypermart wor... worth going there to see if u going to hypermart. It is just few shop next to it. Personally feel Hypermat is more expensive and sell more branded stuff.... stoller they have is more high end brand.

Not sure if Taka still got cheap price... the cot I got there is $360(+ staff discount) without is $399 with better mattress and quite a no. of feebies. Free delievery + assemble. If u know anyone work there/ maybe some Taka credit card can get more discount :p not bad.

So far the cheapest Cot I see is $260 from bobohouse (during last Mar fair) serach online can get their contact. (I din get coz after seeing the quality I choose to pay abit more to get the taka one, is just personal choice so can be still an option :) )

Bedok central also got one shop selling baby stuff (Suppose many neighbourhood shop also about the same) They have many stroller/ cot etc.. not bad
Tampines blk 800+ also same.. sometimes neighbourhood shop also a worth take alook :)

Happy shopping~
Yes, the cot I am getting will most likely be from Baby Kingdom. Agree that hypermart seems a little too fancy. But even Baby Kingdom is not that worth it. The clothes, wet wipes etc are cheaper at the OG sale.

As hubby don't wan me to bf my baby after birth cos i have asthma and my health is very weak but today i have check wif my gynae, she told my hubby and me is gd to bf our baby so that can reduce him for getting asthma too... she also tell me tat bf will be very tire.. but for me if i can reduce baby boy from getting asthma i will tire.. cos my 2nd son also have asthma, so the asthma attack him about 1 a mth.. only now i bring him see chinese doctor.. it have start to stop....

raindrop

oh yes, I had been considering this. There are companies that will help you process the placenta into tablets. So not so gross.
Didnt do it for my first pregnancy, kinda regretted. haha!
I am interested in this leh...which are the companies that does processing? So need to tell gynae that I want to keep the placenta?

raindrop

I am interested in this leh...which are the companies that does processing? So need to tell gynae that I want to keep the placenta?
Just to add on - I read quite a while ago that Cassandra See (ex-Mediacorp actress) processed her own placenta and put them in capsules for consumption. It was supposed to help maintain youthful looks too, besides all the other effects of helping with post-natal stress (according to the website). But I dunno how proven this is.

links that discuss this placenta eating -
BayB Supplies Forum - Placenta - Anyone?
BayB Supplies Forum - Do You Keep Your Placenta?
Sheep Placenta - Facial Beauty Capsules

I think the placenta just look like liver. Many people think it's quite gross though. mummies, any opinions?

raindrop

Raindrop: I googled for it 2 yrs back. Hadn't done any research now. You can try to google for it.
Hi Mummies,

Googled and found 2 main service providers for this service. Dunno if anyone else interested, just share here.
1) Heavenly Health Store - Placenta Encapsulation Services (Chinese Medical Hall, 50 years history)
2) InTheWomb

I have checked out other forums for reviews, seems like these 2 are the main ones and services have been good. The feedbacks were rather dated though, mostly in 2009. 1 main difference i saw in the 2 is that 1st one collects from the hospital on the day itself and the 2nd one charges for collection. The service cost around the same price for both companies. The reviews mentioned that the companies only process 1 placenta at 1 time so there is no risk of mixup!

I have yet to call and enquire.

STmummy

Raindrop: so r u going for it?

Hi Mummies,

Googled and found 2 main service providers for this service. Dunno if anyone else interested, just share here.
1) Heavenly Health Store - Placenta Encapsulation Services (Chinese Medical Hall, 50 years history)
2) InTheWomb

I have checked out other forums for reviews, seems like these 2 are the main ones and services have been good. The feedbacks were rather dated though, mostly in 2009. 1 main difference i saw in the 2 is that 1st one collects from the hospital on the day itself and the 2nd one charges for collection. The service cost around the same price for both companies. The reviews mentioned that the companies only process 1 placenta at 1 time so there is no risk of mixup!

raindrop

Raindrop: so r u going for it?
I think I am. Told my husband, he can take if he wants too. He has been complaining about his wrinkles.

To me, taking something that comes from my own body, I think it's acceptable. If I have to buy it from another person, I think it's quite disgusting.

Recently, Huang Wen Yong has been in these ads for Zell-V. right, that's sheep placenta.

Last edited:

bochup

Hi Mummies,

Googled and found 2 main service providers for this service. dont know if anyone else interested, just share here.
2) InTheWomb

I called my contact and she directed me to this link for more information - Placenta Benefits.info (PBi) - Avoid the baby blues with placenta capsules. and mentioned that they dont't have a website yet. She charges $280 for pick up from hospital (with possible taxi surcharges if delivery after midnight etc), or $300 with home processing (where they process the placenta in your presence.

One important criteria to qualify for placenta encapsulation is that the mother must be given a clean bill of health by the doctor. In other words, no hepatitis, etc. The doc will know what is considered clean bill of health if you let him/her know your intentions regarding your placenta.

You can call Pauline at 9362 8425 for more details.

Raindrop - did you find out the rates for the 2 places you found?

raindrop

I called my contact and she directed me to this link for more information - Placenta Benefits.info (PBi) - Avoid the baby blues with placenta capsules. and mentioned that they dont't have a website yet. She charges $280 for pick up from hospital (with possible taxi surcharges if delivery after midnight etc), or $300 with home processing (where they process the placenta in your presence.

One important criteria to qualify for placenta encapsulation is that the mother must be given a clean bill of health by the doctor. In other words, no hepatitis, etc. The doc will know what is considered clean bill of health if you let him/her know your intentions regarding your placenta.

You can call Pauline at 9362 8425 for more details.

Raindrop - did you find out the rates for the 2 places you found?
Their websites say $300. I haven't called leh. Work has been busy and night, I dunno if they open and I'm also quite tired these days...3rd trimester soon!

Ya, must be healthy.

BOYS

Hi Ladies,

Anyone thinking of going for the 4D scan? My doctor say no need but I'm just curious to see what it's like.

Anyone bought insurance for unborn baby yet?

bochup

Hi Ladies,

Anyone thinking of going for the 4D scan? My doctor say no need but I'm just curious to see what it's like.

I've done the 4D scan. It's pretty awesome but you shouldn't do it too often. Has stronger rays. I just wanted to see his face =) And according to relatives, he already looks like me. I'm bummed that he seems to have a flat nose bridge like me. sigh...

Anyhooo, I'm tempted to do another 4D scan closer to delivery but then again, I'll see him in person soon so seems kinda silly. =)

No on insurance. But definitely thinking of it.

raindrop

Hi Ladies,

My Fin planner says can only buy after baby is born. Earliest is 1 month, as long as the documentation like birth cert and stuff are ready. I think we can use our medisave to buy health insurance for our baby too.