EDD in July?

newbie2009

i think should be ok wan... cos i also will if too full... juz remember after u give birth... when during confinement... when u eat or drink MUST sit down... u MUST NOT stand up... this is wat other told me...
oh there is such a rule about eating or drinking during confinement. Hmm. something new.

newbie2009

mine is the skin tear, i believe...cos u wipe with toilet paper everytime u go pee, so sure will bleed...so i try not to wipe so rough for that sensitive area...cos scary lei....duno is from thr or spotting
else u might want to try to clean using water lor. that way can reduce the abrasion.

newbie2009

just anote of interest as I have just spoken to a few friends about breastpumps.

most recommend medela. I found a website with quite a good price, compared to shops in sg. if int, let me know. I never get commission one, just sharing. haha... but if it is not the best offer, also let me know! =þ

For those mummies that are intending to breastfeed for a long time, it might b a good idea to invest in those dual pump. Save time.

Tiggee

which antenatal class you attending?
Wong B.B. Class at amk hub.

For those mummies that are intending to breastfeed for a long time, it might b a good idea to invest in those dual pump. Save time.
I went to taka baby fair ytd. Got alot of breast pumps, including medela. Medela freestyle going at $799 I'm not sure if they got throw in freebies. Den got a silent electric pump from pigeon with nipple cream, breast pad and some other stuff for $199. They also got sell ameda pump.

Kuromi

haha...so i might be expecting an active boy! hee...
i also feel my BB punching me and kicking me now and then.. actually looking from a good side.. I will remember he is there.. if not i will keep feeling for him.. will be very worried de..

Kuromi

I went to taka baby fair ytd. Got alot of breast pumps, including medela. Medela freestyle going at $799 I'm not sure if they got throw in freebies. Den got a silent electric pump from pigeon with nipple cream, breast pad and some other stuff for $199. They also got sell ameda pump.[/QUOTE]

did you see the bottle steamer?? got clothes ma?? i am going there to grab tonight.. muahahhahahaha

Kuromi

i tink all mothers are kiasu, will want to learn as much as possible. haha...nobody can be too prepared right? =þ
har.. hm.. am i the odd one?? cause i no feel like going for the class since my mama will help me look after.. muhahahhaha.. maybe my case will be different ba.. cause my mama has been looking after my nephew since he was was born and he is not almost 20 mths.. so experience there le ba..

har.. hm.. am i the odd one?? cause i no feel like going for the class since my mama will help me look after.. muhahahhaha.. maybe my case will be different .. cause my mama has been looking after my nephew since he was was born and he is not almost 20 mths.. so experience there ..
actually its not uncommon, ive also got friends who dont attend the class. For me, i see as attending the class as bonding with my hubby as well as I want the both of us to be involved in taking care of our baby...

for me,I dont really trust my mum's and MIL's way of "taking care of baby" ...hehehe...although i know that they have more experience.. like for eg, both my mum and MIL kept telling me NOT to pick up my baby whenever she cries...but I have read somewhere that babies from 0-3mths are TOO YOUNG to know how to manipulate you. And when they cry, it means they have needs to attend too. After 3mths den you can let your baby cry a little more b4 picking her up..I told my mum and she dont believe me.:eek:

and my MIL mentioned that we must feed my newborn this chinese medicine thing to "expel" the black substance from their body once they are born. I kept telling my hubby " PLSSSS dont let his mum feed baby weird things."hehehe

maybe it works but to think logically, i dont think newborns should be fed "weird" things as their organs are still "new"...

I am a bad and stubborn daughter-in-law! muahahahahhaha:red::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:

Tiggee

actually its not uncommon, ive also got friends who dont attend the class. For me, i see as attending the class as bonding with my hubby as well as I want the both of us to be involved in taking care of our baby...

for me,I dont really trust my mum's and MIL's way of "taking care of baby" ...hehehe...although i know that they have more experience.. like for eg, both my mum and MIL kept telling me NOT to pick up my baby whenever she cries...but I have read somewhere that babies from 0-3mths are TOO YOUNG to know how to manipulate you. And when they cry, it means they have needs to attend too. After 3mths den you can let your baby cry a little more b4 picking her up..I told my mum and she dont believe me.:eek:

and my MIL mentioned that we must feed my newborn this chinese medicine thing to "expel" the black substance from their body once they are born. I kept telling my hubby " PLSSSS dont let his mum feed baby weird things."hehehe

maybe it works but to think logically, i dont think newborns should be fed "weird" things as their organs are still "new"...

I am a bad and stubborn daughter-in-law! muahahahahhaha:red::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:
I agree with you. I prefer being hands on with my baby and having the knowledge on how I'm suppose to take care of my baby. I find that certain old wives tales cannot be trusted.

Kuromi

oh oh.. ya.. ur MIL is weird.. so far my mom is okie with my nephew as she will always ask my sis how she want my mom to handle the children in different situation.. she don't feed weird things to him anyway and only start feeding him whatever my sis bought for him:)

usagibb

oh oh.. ya.. ur MIL is weird.. so far my mom is okie with my nephew as she will always ask my sis how she want my mom to handle the children in different situation.. she don't feed weird things to him anyway and only start feeding him whatever my sis bought for him:)
to certain extend, some things cannot try too early on babies...hehe...cos their organs really not yet develop until abot 6 mths, tats why when my mom say must feed water, i really argue with her cos before 6mths, too much water can be toxic for bb...so i told her, no water, even if yes, 2 sips will do...haha...well...sometimes, dun argue too much with elderly, cos they do say the right things sometimes de

raindrop

I agree with you. I prefer being hands on with my baby and having the knowledge on how I'm suppose to take care of my baby. I find that certain old wives tales cannot be trusted.
Ya, i prefer being hands on too. It's my baby after all. Although I will still have my mum and probably my MIL to help out. Weekends, I think me and hubby would want to take care of baby on our own! =) more bonding time! And i think I would find it a pleasure to watch my hubby bathe my boy and bond with him. Now I always find hubby so cute when he talks to my tummy.

raindrop

Wong B.B. Class at amk hub.

I went to taka baby fair ytd. Got alot of breast pumps, including medela. Medela freestyle going at $799 I'm not sure if they got throw in freebies. Den got a silent electric pump from pigeon with nipple cream, breast pad and some other stuff for $199. They also got sell ameda pump.
the medela freestyle I saw on the website is only $469 leh. here's the site - :: Welcome to PrettyMums.Com :: - PrettyMums.Com but no local warranty i think. My colleague bought from her, so should be safe. the site also sells breast pumps parts.

pigeon has a set of bottle sanitizer plus bottles at $199 too. I am interested in this set.

oh oh.. ya.. your mother in law is weird.. so far my mom is okie with my nephew as she will always ask my sis how she want my mom to handle the children in different situation.. she dont't feed weird things to him anyway and only start feeding him whatever my sis bought for him:)
erm, shes not weird lah, its just that older people will tend to rely on certain stuff.. and i must say she does have pretty good knowledge of chinese herbs and stuff....

i told my mum about this, she also mentioned the same things regarding the "expelling" the black toxins inside baby'd body but its me that dont trust lah...

i must say that my MIL really knows how to take good care of my hubby and his sibling's health as she will know what to cook to strengthen their body whereas my mum knows nothing about this, everyday eat junk food. hahahhaah

:Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:

mixue84

I went taka fair yesterday too with hubby and parents.. bought a number of things. Avent Sterilizer, changing mats, pillows and blankets.
I did see the breast pump but i dun intend to buy first, will borrow from my cousin and see if i going for long term breast milk. If yes, then i will get ba.. The price isnt cheaper anyway so can get at other places.

mixue84

i also feel my BB punching me and kicking me now and then.. actually looking from a good side.. I will remember he is there.. if not i will keep feeling for him.. will be very worried de..
I have the same feeling as you too..
BB been moving and at times, in a day BB hardly move and i will worry and keep talking to BB asking to move.. haha..
wondering if i think too much..

Tiggee

I have the same feeling as you too..
baby been moving and at times, in a day baby hardly move and i will worry and keep talking to baby asking to move.. haha..
wondering if i think too much..
I will always make sure I feel my baby move when I wake up and before I slp. :)

I went taka fair yesterday too with hubby and parents.. bought a number of things. Avent Sterilizer, changing mats, pillows and blankets.
I did see the breast pump but i dont intend to buy first, will borrow from my cousin and see if i going for long term breast milk. If yes, then i will get .. The price isnt cheaper anyway so can get at other places.
I'm going this weekend with hubby to make him pay and carry the stuff for me! Lols! :x