EDD in June

BeingSingle

my 1hour Glucose tolerance test came back high at 7.94mmol/L which is higher than normal range(7.8 mmol/L)...Doc also said darling daughter is on the bigger side..hope its not bcoz i have gestational diabetes..i really hope i dont!!

going to go in for 4hour test (empty stomach..draw blood every hour..Eeeks) tomoro...pls pray for me..:eek:15:

my 1hour Glucose tolerance test came back high at 7.94mmol/L which is higher than normal range(7.8 mmol/L)...Doc also said darling daughter is on the bigger side..hope its not bcoz i have gestational diabetes..i really hope i dont!!

going to go in for 4hour test (empty stomach..draw blood every hour..Eeeks) tomoro...pls pray for me..:eek:15:
Hi, may i know which week isthe glucose test being carried out? I'm also worried cause I like to take sweet stuff during pregnancy as I'm carrying a girl too. All the best to your test tomorrow will pray for you.

BeingSingle

Hi, may i know which week isthe glucose test being carried out? I'm also worried cause I like to take sweet stuff during pregnancy as I'm carrying a girl too. All the best to your test tomorrow will pray for you.
Glucose test is usually between week 24 - 28. end of your 2nd tri...hope i can pass the detailed 4hr one tomoro..otherwise..sigh..

BeingSingle

Draw blood every hour? I don't think my gynea ever check glucose test on me before. Should I ask her?
they only do the 4hr test only if you fail the initial glucose test and not all obgyn will ask to test your glucose unless you:

1. had a baby before that is on the bigger side
2. are 35 and above
3. have family history of diabetes
4. are over-weight or putting on too much weight
5. had Gestational Diabetes in your previous pregnancies.

the OGTT (Oral Glucose tolerance test) is done on empty stomach and they give you a really sweet syrup to dink in 5 mins. You wait 1hr and they take your blood to check the glucose level. if you pass it, than you are ok. if you fail, you need a more detailed one where you take the 4 hr test (same empty stomach, drink syrup but they draw blood every hour for 4 hrs).

i had to take the OGTT because i am above 35 and i put on 12kgs till date. So my Obgyn was concerned..and she's kinda right, coz now, i failed the OGTT and hope i dont fail the detailed test tomoro..otherwise..it would mean i have Gestational Diabetes...overweight baby and might need to deliver earlier... :(

Borntaker

Is it a mus to take glucose test? My gynae nv mention anything to mi le. Ve been craving for sweet too after having my boy. This is my 23 wk.

BeingSingle

Is it a mus to take glucose test? My gynae nv mention anything to mi le. Ve been craving for sweet too after having my boy. This is my 23 wk.
dear, i think if your obgyn thinks you are at risk of gestational diabetes, she/he would recommend you to take the test around 24-28weeks. but if you are worried, you can always ask him/her about it.

good luck!

hapimint

I also haven't been asked to do it but I do have family history of diabetes n well, putting on too much weight....

Actually , I wish no need to do.... Coz I very scared to be diagnosed with gestation diabetes .....

BeingSingle

I also haven't been asked to do it but I do have family history of diabetes n well, putting on too much weight....

Actually , I wish no need to do.... Coz I very scared to be diagnosed with gestation diabetes .....
think you better do the 1 hr test and make sure you dont get GD as it can cause a lot of risk if left unattended. bad for both baby and yourself.
better to find out and deal with it. if you dont, at least your mind is at ease..

BeingSingle

yeah yeah yeah! my test results came back and i passed the detailed test! thank God and thank you all for your well wishes!:Dancing_wub:

XenXuan

Me me, EDD mid June~~ I have a 2yr old son n this is my 2nd pregnancy.. detailed scan showed a baby girl ^^ excited! This pregnancy feels alot better than my 1st so far.. Feeling all the kicks n somersaults already.. Start to have all the weird cramps here n there too when I stayed in a same position for too long~~ really hope it's a girl when I give birth n hoping can go for natural birth too juz like my 1st..

maneo0302

Me me, EDD mid June~~ I have a 2yr old son n this is my 2nd pregnancy.. detailed scan showed a baby girl ^^ excited! This pregnancy feels alot better than my 1st so far.. Feeling all the kicks n somersaults already.. Start to have all the weird cramps here n there too when I stayed in a same position for too long~~ really hope it's a girl when I give birth n hoping can go for natural birth too juz like my 1st..
After this preg, I hope to have a girl soon. Just like you. Its good to have a girl close to mummy, a boy close to daddy.
My EDD is mid June too, but may go for C-sect end May. I have a previous op and the gynea also suggests C-sect as its safer for me.

Make a pregnancy ticker

BeingSingle

After this preg, I hope to have a girl soon. Just like you. Its good to have a girl close to mummy, a boy close to daddy.
My EDD is mid June too, but may go for C-sect end May. I have a previous op and the gynea also suggests C-sect as its safer for me.

Make a pregnancy ticker

So you gg to C around 36 weeks? is it too early or its because obgyn told you to? thats quite early ..

XenXuan

During my 1st pregnancy, I oso wanted a c-sect but after research for the pain relief n recovery period, I chose natural birth for shorter pain torture =x cuz I'm v afraid of pain, c-sect wound will hurt for 4weeks n after that u still need to b v careful abt ur wound.. Where natural birth only takes 2weeks to recover totally n no much worries aft that.. Natural birth is only e labor part pain like hell, but there is always pain relief like laughing gas,tight injection n epidural that inject from back spine..

I was induced natural birth 2days after my due date.I told myself to try my best to endure the pain so that I won't need epidural.. But when I'm 1cm dilated,the pain was already overwhelming me, my tears roll my cheeks out of no sudden.. At e end of my 25hrs labor, I took 2 tight injections which last 6hrs each n epidural till I was fully 10cm dilated.. Only used the laughing gas for stitching up as can't use epidural anymore lol.. Crazy experience but when I see my son n carry him for the very 1st time, it's all worth it.. :001_302:

jacole

Hello all,

anyone looking for homemade rice wine confinement period?

I have 4 bottles of home made red rice wine to let go at $12 per bottle.

each 750ml
No preservatives added
best for confinement, remove wind (qu feng), blood circulation

Pm me if interested

nighthawk

Dear Mummies

Clean Freak??We are offering cleaning service(Dust mite
cleaning) to parents who would also wanna benefit from this services.
We do not represent any vacuum cleaner company therefore we would not
hard-sell any expensive machine/ any cleaning packages
just give us a call/sms for a cleaner environment cleaning
appointment-Just that simple

Check it out at the link below
YouTube - Cleaning dust mites from a mattress

seeing how dirty a clean looking mattress is,for benefit of our health
and loved one do sms/call us for enquiry

Our pricing is as follows:
- 1st mattress: S$40
- subsequent item (can be sofa/carpet etc): S$8

There is no hidden costs nor transportation charges

Call/SMS Alex now @ 97618563 for appointments.

For sure you will not regret to engage our serious cleaning service attitude

"let live in a clean environment!"