EDD in MAR 2010

canisque

Hi mummies,

I'm new here. My edd is 27 March 2010. In my 36th week but can't wait to give birth to my 2nd one. I've packed my bag too and everyone commented that I look like I can give birth anytime.

Frankly speaking, I can't wait for the baby to arrive either ;)
Hello ramblingmummy, welcome to the march thread. We're all waiting to hold our baby too! Keep us updated on your progress. Iv got a friend who delivered at 36th wk, so you also can start to standby now. :)

serendipity

I am 1-2cm dilated! Cervix is slightly effaced. Hehe.

jean, tell me about it. somehow my body is so tired now that i sleep like 12 hours a day!

Hi lingerbell, it was a fast one. gynae just scan to see fluid in womb is in good amt or not, measure here measure there (dont't know what are the parts she's measuring heheh we just watch and see what she do) then she let us know baby weight then that's it! a bit disappointed she didn't give me baby scan photo but hubby said, now baby appear too big on screen alrdy, everytime also gynae always give us baby's head scan. Look alike anyway hehe. :p

I was also prescribed with an expensive antibiotics for grp b strep because d prev one given to me had side effects on me. So got to stop that one and take another that's not cheap at all. Poor hubby, pay pay pay...

Anyone here also tested for the grp b strep?

Hi canisque,
I was also tested for grp b strep and prescribed antibiotics. just completed taking the whole course. The antibiotics prescribed was fine for me. No side effects.

angelwendy

Hi all March Mummy.. sorry i have been missing in action in mummysg... cause now trying to cope with my baby Benson & my new lifestyle... so don't really got time to update myself here... hope all march mum have a wonderful delivery...

Lately i have been crying alot... think is because of the blue after birth... but luckly hubby is very helpful & supportive... so makes me feel better already... but still need time to get use to it now... but poor hubby is pay pay pay for almost alot of things after my delivery... =( cause Benson having jaudice problem so we need to run here & there to polyclinic... hope that his jaudice level will drop by next week.. cause he got another blood test on wed... so heartpain looking at the nurse taking Benson blood... =( almost tear when i saw him in pain.. but anyway take care ya all march mum...:Dancing_wub:

Hi all March Mummy.. sorry i have been missing in action in mummysg... cause now trying to cope with my baby Benson & my new lifestyle... so dont't really got time to update myself here... hope all march mum have a wonderful delivery...

Lately i have been crying alot... think is because of the blue after birth... but luckly hubby is very helpful & supportive... so makes me feel better already... but still need time to get use to it now... but poor hubby is pay pay pay for almost alot of things after my delivery... =( cause Benson having jaudice problem so we need to run here & there to polyclinic... hope that his jaudice level will drop by next week.. cause he got another blood test on wed... so heartpain looking at the nurse taking Benson blood... =( almost tear when i saw him in pain.. but anyway take care ya all march mum...:Dancing_wub:
hi angelwendy.. dont worry jaundice in babies are common... and yup the blood test taken is definitely painful for us mummies to see... my 2nd daughter had jaundice too and had her blood taken a few times at the soles of her feet.... everything will be fine alright...
take care of yrself...its normal for new mummies to get the blues... rest when u can.. take care

Yeah, the anticipation of waiting is overwhelming. Pls take care, hope to hear yr good news sn :)

Well, just take this final wks and enjoyed, pampered ourselves yah? :Dancing_wub:

Hi princesses, long time did not hear from you. Glad dat you are doing fine :) we r 2 days diff, ytdy went for my 38wks chkup and also did scanning. @ 37wks, he was just 2.5kg but ytdy he weighs a whooping 3kg!!! wohoo! within a wk, he put on weight so fast. :err: During scanning, he was sucking his thumb, aiyo ...makes mummy & daddy heart melt :wong19: hehehe....

I'm also been having some mild contractions, nite visits to the loo were so frequent now. I had been dreaming of my waterbag broke, mucus plug discharge, dont know if I'm thinking too much or these are signs of birth sn....

My gynae told me that if there are no signs of him coming out anytime sn, the next chk up will hav to discuss on my birth option for induce as she doesn't want the baby to be due post-term. Hope nature takes it course and hav a smooth delivery.
awww.. he's sucking his thumb? so cute? :) 3 kg is a good weight and i believe he'll gain a bit more before he's born :)
i dont have any dreams related to my pregnancy... haha except my friends who dreamt about me giving birth already :) still waiting for the real pain to come then i'll know its time to go to hospital...but then again every labour is different, you got to listen to yr body...
oh been drinking a lot too mayde due to the hot weather nowadays... but my appetite is good now.. always feeling hungry hehe..
hope the day comes soon!!!
take care

angelwendy

hi angelwendy.. dont worry jaundice in babies are common... and yup the blood test taken is definitely painful for us mummies to see... my 2nd daughter had jaundice too and had her blood taken a few times at the soles of her feet.... everything will be fine alright...
take care of yrself...its normal for new mummies to get the blues... rest when you can.. take care
Thanks... =) ya.. My baby blue is getting better now... & I feel more positive already.. I think is just matter of time to get use to it...

went for my 37th week checkup yesterday. Gynae did not do a cervix dilation check. When do they normally start checking?

My baby gal put on 700g in 2 wks..!!... :eek: think i ate too much over CNY period.... :embarrassed:
I also not sure when do the gynae do the chk, hwever I chk with my gynae she said most probably next wk but not confirm. I had friends that did not do cervix dilation chk at all until contractions come naturally. I will ask my gynae again if it is necessary not to do it or not?

Hee, my baby boy also put on weight rapidly. I try not to eat too much protein rich food now cos dont want baby too big :001_302:

I was also prescribed with an expensive antibiotics for grp b strep because d prev one given to me had side effects on me. So got to stop that one and take another that's not cheap at all. Poor hubby, pay pay pay...

Anyone here also tested for the grp b strep?
Canisque, what is grp b strep? I was not tested for dat and my gynae didnt said anythg also....enlighten me pls?

hey all mummies,jiayou k!
been having sleepless nights since baby is out.
so treasure n sleep all you can now!
Thanks you jean1986, been sleeping alot lately...ya, got to prepare for those sleepless nights sn :elvis:

I am 1-2cm dilated! Cervix is slightly effaced. Hehe.

jean, tell me about it. somehow my body is so tired now that i sleep like 12 hours a day!
serendipity, good luck & hav a smooth delivery...you r almost there :Dancing_wub:

Hi all March Mummy.. sorry i have been missing in action in mummysg... cause now trying to cope with my baby Benson & my new lifestyle... so dont't really got time to update myself here... hope all march mum have a wonderful delivery...

angelwendy, sori to hear that you are coping with post pregnancy blues but most important you got a loving, helpful & understanding hubby to help you get thru it :)
Glad that you r feelin beta now....dont wori so much okie? Benson is a strong boy, he will get thru this as well. Take him for morning strolls, get more vit D naturally. :wong29:

Canisque, what is grp b strep? I was not tested for dat and my gynae didnt said anythg also....enlighten me pls?
hi lingerbell,

grp b strep or gbs can be detected if your gynae does the HVS (swab test). Not everyone is diagnosed with it. Some are GBS-free. I was GBS-free with my first child but with the 2nd one, was told that I had GBS and thus prescribed antibiotics.

anyway, i have just gone for my 37th wk check-up and was told that i'm 1.5cm dilated. Yippee!!! can't wait. Gynae says any day now

terasey

Hi mummies, been busy with work thus nv online...

hows everybody~? i am moving into my 38 weeks liao~ going to check for dilation on the next visit on wed... baby was 2.8kg 2 weeks ago~ not sure how much now...

hope all mummies are doing well worx

canisque

Thanks... =) ya.. My baby blue is getting better now... & I feel more positive already.. I think is just matter of time to get use to it...
Angelwendy, take care and rest well too. If you need to share anything to feel better can come here and tell us abt baby Benson or anything else you're still learning to cope with :) I'm sure there're experienced mommies here who can help with some advice. And the rest of new mommies could also get a headstart from your lead!

Hope things get easier and more fun for you! ;):Dancing_wub:

canisque

Hi canisque,
I was also tested for grp b strep and prescribed antibiotics. just completed taking the whole course. The antibiotics prescribed was fine for me. No side effects.
finally finished my antibiotics course too! Phew! Gynae said later during labour still will get another jab just in case haizzz eventhough my result was very mild. Oh well, anythg for baby's health n safety.

canisque

hi lingerbell,

grp b strep or gbs can be detected if your gynae does the HVS (swab test). Not everyone is diagnosed with it. Some are GBS-free. I was GBS-free with my first child but with the 2nd one, was told that I had GBS and thus prescribed antibiotics.

anyway, i have just gone for my 37th wk check-up and was told that i'm 1.5cm dilated. Yippee!!! can't wait. Gynae says any day now
RamblingMummy, anytime now!! Do update us!

hi guys.. i was cleaning my wardrobe when i had this milky discharge trickling down my legs.. but no strong contractions... only mild contractions that comes and goes for short while... very very very far apart still tolerable... hehe hubby was anxious to go and bring me to hospital, but i think i'll just wait and see whats happening for the meantime cos baby is still moving though less active... praying my labour will come naturally soon... me into 39th week...
anyone had the same thing??

angelwendy

hi guys.. i was cleaning my wardrobe when i had this milky discharge trickling down my legs.. but no strong contractions... only mild contractions that comes and goes for short while... very very very far apart still tolerable... hehe hubby was anxious to go and bring me to hospital, but i think i'll just wait and see whats happening for the meantime cos baby is still moving though less active... praying my labour will come naturally soon... me into 39th week...
anyone had the same thing??

I did have the same thing... when i cleaning my room & put up my baby cot... i got discharge... but not as much as urs... is only on my panty liner.... but u better keep a look out.... cause me is afternoon have discharge... then next day 2 am admitted due to contraction... so rest well now & see how later... good luck...

angelwendy

Angelwendy, take care and rest well too. If you need to share anything to feel better can come here and tell us about baby Benson or anything else you're still learning to cope with :) I'm sure there're experienced mommies here who can help with some advice. And the rest of new mommies could also get a headstart from your lead!

Hope things get easier and more fun for you! ;):Dancing_wub:

Hi Canisque... thanks ya...:001_302: i'm now better in coping with Benson already.. think is just the matter of time for me to get use to this new lifestyle... but when i see Benson smile... all my blue went away... i was lucky that my hubby is very supportive & understanding... he bring me & Benson out for a while to vivo today.... just to make me feel better... Anyway Jia you all mummy.. even i know blue might take some time to totally go away... but i'm sure i will be ok in no time....

As for first time mummy.. my advise is... try to talk to hubby or family about things u face when u reach home with ur newborn... cause blue will hit anytime... & also don't be scare to ask for help... don't be like me @ first... i keep everything to myself... & only me & baby & hubby... is not healthy... & of course rest as much as u can now... as u don't know when is baby coming out... spend more time with hubby... etc Dating... movie... dinner...

Last edited:
finally finished my antibiotics course too! Phew! Gynae said later during labour still will get another jab just in case haizzz eventhough my result was very mild. Oh well, anythg for baby's health n safety.
Yup. I was told that they will administer antibiotics via drip when in labour. Like what you mentioned, anything for the baby's health and safety.

jean1986

yeah I had antibiotics in my drip too..

regarding the discharge,before I went to hospital I had like slight brown discharge then it became more n become blood tinged.so I took my time shower n eat sthg,before I went hospital