EDD in MAR 2010

rt97

HI, March mummies, i am new here as i havn't been post here before,as i just realised yesterday i actually have registered with mummysg last sep. Pai shieh... but i am not new here as well as i have reading all your posting since the thread starts...

Thanks to all the mummies here for your sharing and encouragement, i never felt alone throughout the pregnancy and enter new motherhood...I have gave birth to my baby girl on 11 March. It's not easy to take care baby,especially as a first time mother. There a lot to learn...

Lingerbell: I am also having problem on breast feeding..as my milk supply can't meet baby's demand, i have been supplement her with formula, and later my baby develpoed nipple confusion, she gets really frustrated can't letch on...Thank God, she managed to learn herself latch on again,but only on Right breast, she still have problem latch on left side..so I have to feed her on my right breast and pump milk on my left side!

Hi mar mummies, any1 of you facing difficulties in breast feeding? My baby seem like not having enuf and I keeping switching both of my breasts to feed him till he is contented. My nipples hurt so much :(
I had difficulties too and posted a thread "Am I breastfeeding right?" in the category for Breastfeeding Mothers Support Group. The mommies there gave me some tips and advices which really helped. You might want to check it out.

Also, i gather from the other mummies that if nipples hurt or bleed, it means the baby is not latched on properly. But if the areola hurts especially when we first just started breastfeeding, it's normal as the areola is not used to it.

My nipples hurt too in the beginning. Now it's better :)

terasey

my bb keeps waking up every hr to feed only for 20 min... think i have the supply but nt doing it right? she nv take enuf...

oso she refuse to drink from bottle.. i am unable to bottle feed expressed milk...

how?

i tried avent silicone newborn & pigeon rubber latex teat.. both not wrking

rt97

I keep postponing my massage due to some reasons (dr appt etc) so only managed to have 2 days of massage altho i delivered 6 days ago. ;(

Try to pump and bottle feed at night. It's very tiring to do direct feeding all the while! My baby is alrdy confused with nipple n teat n gets angry when he tries to suckle. Makes me feel guilty.
Hi, Canisque,
Is your massage lady named Kalsom from Origins Jamu Massage? she is super nice,right? I had 5 sessions of massage with her,she gave really good services and even go extra mile to massage my baby,my baby enjoied very much! Cos last time when she want to change appointment time to 9am and she told me a lady at Bedok can't make it on that day as she's having fever, after I read your posting, guessing that must be you. :p

Hope everything is fine with you now, enjoy motherhood!

chocbuzz

Thanks angelwendy for the comforting words :) Too stressed up with so many things, trying to take things easy now & not think too much...hope for a beta day everyday:wong29: Hubby also keep encouraging & told me to be strong and I'm trying.... Currently, my aunt comes on wkdays to cook for me. For caring of baby and cooking for wkends wil be solely myself & hubby.

Hi mar mummies, any1 of you facing difficulties in breast feeding? My baby seem like not having enuf and I keeping switching both of my breasts to feed him till he is contented. My nipples hurt so much :(
Lingerbell, I'm also having difficulties. Firstly, baby seems hungry half an hr after feeding her, so family is questioning whether my milk supply is sufficient... :embarrassed: sigh... and my nipples also hurt!!

Got a lactation consultant to come by my place this morning to check my breastfeeding technique. She said it's important that baby empties one breast first before offering her the other one, cos it's only when baby gets the hindmilk will she feel full and satisfied. Try this out and hopefully it'll work for us... Jiayou k? Me too....

terasey

yeah, i had the same prob too. bb like not feeling full enuf. Another method to test is to pump out one breast and see how much is in it. Feed this to the baby and see if it is enough. You can also try pumping in between feeds to increase the milk supply.

terasey

Got a lactation consultant to come by my place this morning to check my breastfeeding technique. She said it's important that baby empties one breast first before offering her the other one, cos it's only when baby gets the hindmilk will she feel full and satisfied. Try this out and hopefully it'll work for us... Jiayou k? Me too....
How do we know when one breast is emptied?

qoooj

Hi Princesses, I oso delivered mine on 13 mar but @4.49pm. EDD was 12 mar and was supposed to b induced d following wk but she decided to see d world.

Hope u r resting well and baby is all good :)

Hi Princesses, I also delivered mine on 13 mar but @4.49pm. EDD was 12 mar and was supposed to b induced d following wk but she decided to see d world.

Hope you r resting well and baby is all good :)
hi mummiesssssssss.....
im doing well till this point cos its my 3rd baby... though its been 5 long yrs since my last child (born in 2005), im still doing things following my instincts of motherhood and there were times i was trying to recall what i ought to do and not.. so far im doing things on my own since day 1.. had hard time coping but thk god he gave me strength to be be positive n be strong..

long time didnt logged in, no time ever since baby arrived... i hope evryone else is doing fine and stay happy always...

take cARE

QOOOJ- oh we share the same date... means our baby share the same birthdates.. :) where did u delivred? me at kkh...
our baby soon to turn a mth old.. hehe time really flies when u are occupied!!
take care too..

rt97

Hi, Mummies, a friend has send me this infor,check it out... :p

Video on Milk Production with Hands On Pumping
http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/MaxProduction.html

I saw this on a forum, hope it will be useful to you :)

"POWER PUMPING

I was depressed, just gave birth - just went home from hosp - desparate to stablise my milk flow - surfing last min to get all the help i can get - (stupid right never read up earlier)

I found this power pump method/schedule:-

I was pumping 10-30ml every 3 hrs i felt so sad & patetic, very very depressed lor.

After i got on this power pumping my milk increased after 2 days to 180ml & on the 4th day onwards stablised to 80-120ml per session. most people i have told about this method -especially when they try during 1st 2 months after delivering - works for them.

YOu just need to do this for 2 days - after that do 1-2 times a day on day 3 & 5 for maintenance & repeat the 2 days system again maybe before you go back to work.

4-5 times a day power pump

Pump 20 mins
rest 10 mins
Pump 10 mins
rest 10 mins
Pump 10 mins
rest 10 mins
Pump 10 mins
total 60 mins

this gives u 10 mins inbetween to tend to your baby change her or carry her/him. (roughly la - +/- few mins is ok for this system just do it 4-5 times a day.

For single pump users - its abit more tedious but i have come up with a system for you as well

Pump 15.mins (Right)
Pump 15mins (Left)
Pump 7mins (Right)
Pump 7mins (Left)
Pump 7mins (Right)
Pump 7mins (Left)
total 58 mins (approx)

while u pump one side the other side is resting - single pump users really have to be tied down whole nearly 1 hr lor. But i developed this just for those who dont plan to buy another pump since they have already bot one.

just 2 days of this system - most will see significant milk supply increased - but still pump 15-20 mins every 2-3 hrs after that as usual - really up to your lifestyle & your urgency to upp your supply.

BABY IS THE BEST PUMP.

for stimulation/engorgemnent BABY is the best pump - nothing beats latching on - however there are exclusive pumpers - who only express & dont latch on at all. its just personal choice."

rt97

Hi, Mummies, a friend has send me this infor,check it out... :p
Video on Milk Production with Hands On Pumping
http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/MaxProduction.html

I saw this on a forum, hope it will be useful to you :)

"POWER PUMPING

I was depressed, just gave birth - just went home from hosp - desparate to stablise my milk flow - surfing last min to get all the help i can get - (stupid right never read up earlier)

I found this power pump method/schedule:-

I was pumping 10-30ml every 3 hrs i felt so sad & patetic, very very depressed lor.

After i got on this power pumping my milk increased after 2 days to 180ml & on the 4th day onwards stablised to 80-120ml per session. most people i have told about this method -especially when they try during 1st 2 months after delivering - works for them.

YOu just need to do this for 2 days - after that do 1-2 times a day on day 3 & 5 for maintenance & repeat the 2 days system again maybe before you go back to work.

4-5 times a day power pump

Pump 20 mins
rest 10 mins
Pump 10 mins
rest 10 mins
Pump 10 mins
rest 10 mins
Pump 10 mins
total 60 mins

this gives u 10 mins inbetween to tend to your baby change her or carry her/him. (roughly la - +/- few mins is ok for this system just do it 4-5 times a day.

For single pump users - its abit more tedious but i have come up with a system for you as well

Pump 15.mins (Right)
Pump 15mins (Left)
Pump 7mins (Right)
Pump 7mins (Left)
Pump 7mins (Right)
Pump 7mins (Left)
total 58 mins (approx)

while u pump one side the other side is resting - single pump users really have to be tied down whole nearly 1 hr lor. But i developed this just for those who dont plan to buy another pump since they have already bot one.

just 2 days of this system - most will see significant milk supply increased - but still pump 15-20 mins every 2-3 hrs after that as usual - really up to your lifestyle & your urgency to upp your supply.

BABY IS THE BEST PUMP.

for stimulation/engorgemnent BABY is the best pump - nothing beats latching on - however there are exclusive pumpers - who only express & dont latch on at all. its just personal choice."

canisque

I am also having problem on breast feeding..as my milk supply can't meet baby's demand, i have been supplement her with formula, and later my baby develpoed nipple confusion, she gets really frustrated can't letch on...Thank God, she managed to learn herself latch on again,but only on Right breast, she still have problem latch on left side..so I have to feed her on my right breast and pump milk on my left side!
I am facing the same problem too but unlike you, I am still not successful with my "damage control" cos baby still refuse to latch on again ever since we feed him by bottle. :(

try adjusting position so that your baby can latch better on the left ok! as for my case, my baby just too impatient with my nipples because the bottle teats too shiok for him to just suck on with easy flow. on breasts must work harder.

when breasts feel soft and not as firm as when it's full of milk.
I'm facing the same issue as you :( It is really depressing for not able to success in my breast feeding despite all trials & errors. I wanted to give up breast feeding but I felt like a bad mummy who unable to provide. I dunno what I shld do???

chocbuzz

I'm facing the same issue as you :( It is really depressing for not able to success in my breast feeding despite all trials & errors. I wanted to give up breast feeding but I felt like a bad mummy who unable to provide. I dont know what I shld do???
Lingerbell, hang on! Just remind yourself that while it's stressful and tiring, you are giving your baby the best food.

On my side, I'm still struggling with inadequate milk supply, painful nipples etc, and when it gets too painful, I just pump out a few times for her to drink. Not the best method, but at least she is still drinking breast milk.

My baby also has the habit of falling asleep while sucking, so each of my feeds can last 2 hours!...:eek:

Jiayou k, i guess that's why they say being a mother is 'wei da'

Lingerbell, hang on! Just remind yourself that while it's stressful and tiring, you are giving your baby the best food.

On my side, I'm still struggling with inadequate milk supply, painful nipples etc, and when it gets too painful, I just pump out a few times for her to drink. Not the best method, but at least she is still drinking breast milk.

My baby also has the habit of falling asleep while sucking, so each of my feeds can last 2 hours!...:eek:

Jiayou k, i guess that's why they say being a mother is 'wei da'

Chocbuzz, tks for the encouragement :)
I pumped out my milk to feed him nw and occasionally then I breast fed him directly. As my bb didn't get enuf and kept crying for more then I will topped up with formula. This will settle him dw and less stressful and tiring for myself.:embarrassed:

Yup, I agreed with you-each feeds sometimes can last that long.

I do not have the confident to breast fed my bb when I'm goin out, wil just feed with formula instead..in case my milk supply cannot meet his demand.

Salute to those mummies who breast fed bb successfully and I have seen some of them walk ard in the shopping mall while breast feeding. *pei fu*

angelwendy

Hi... how was all the march mummy coping with ur baby??? hee... when wanna arrange a meet out for coffee & chit chat?? with our baby & hubby along??:001_302:

canisque

Chocbuzz, thanks for the encouragement :)
I pumped out my milk to feed him now and occasionally then I breast fed him directly. As my baby didn't get enuf and kept crying for more then I will topped up with formula. This will settle him dw and less stressful and tiring for myself.:embarrassed:

I do not have the confident to breast fed my baby when I'm goin out, wil just feed with formula instead..in case my milk supply cannot meet his demand.

Salute to those mummies who breast fed baby successfully and I have seen some of them walk around in the shopping mall while breast feeding. *pei fu*
Yup! Salute them going ard without milk bottles, hot water etc2! I've no choice but to give my baby FM, supply suddenly decrease drastically! Very very sad have to sell away my milk storage bags n small fridge, maybe my Freestyle Medela pump too.... :'(