EDD Jan 2014

BlurTazy

Wah.. it's so much of knowledge to get the pram. The 4moms | Origami looks cool. But I think it won't be any cheaper than the others. I bought most of the clothing in 3-6mths. But really wonder how many is enough. I won't be getting a CL too. Will get my ex domestic helper back to help me . She used to look after my FIL at my place so I believe I can still trust her to look after my baby well. My sis's EDD for her 2nd bb is 2 mths later than me. She's also looking for a CL to help but she had a bad experience with the 1st one last year. Anybody can recommend?

Yes, there are so many things to consider when buying a pram, so it's really a difficult decision...hahaha. The retail price is of the origami is SGD1890...really an expensive one. 3-6 months clothes should be fine, just add up if you feel that you have to do the laundry often...plus once you can go out and visit the mall, i'm sure that you will not be able to stop yourself from buying new ones...I'm thinking of not getting a CL because it's so expensive. My mom will be here during that time and my mil will be more than happy to take care of me and the baby (as this is going to be their first grandbaby). I'm thinking of getting a maid but since we are going to live with my in laws for a while that will have to wait.

babytazz

Wah.. it's so much of knowledge to get the pram. The 4moms | Origami looks cool. But I think it won't be any cheaper than the others. I bought most of the clothing in 3-6mths. But really wonder how many is enough. I won't be getting a CL too. Will get my ex domestic helper back to help me . She used to look after my FIL at my place so I believe I can still trust her to look after my baby well. My sis's EDD for her 2nd bb is 2 mths later than me. She's also looking for a CL to help but she had a bad experience with the 1st one last year. Anybody can recommend?
She can start sourcing. If she get through agency, they allow replacements. But all CL you may get may be good or bad, depending on luck. PEM have lots of reviews, a lot I've seen are bad, but there are good ones. I won't try engaging Malaysian CL on my own coz I've heard stories of them agreeing on the job but end up referring someone else who isn't that good and the mummies not being happy. The cost for non CnY period is about $2-2.2k for a 28 days.

happilymarried

I love the LCD on the origami pram! but at that price, if place outsidr restaurants... sure get stolen... hmm.. I would love a super chio m techy pram but my heart will be super pain if stolen...

Missy10

Hi babytazy

As to calculate the no. of time i will be using the stroller will only be mayb max 3 times per weeks, if mummy not driving own car, when u need to bring baby out to clinic or malls with less assistance (alone), can use baby carrier than stroller

Men will usually be more "car" savvy, my hb boss keep proposing him to buy peprego ($988), i was like :eek:

BlurTazy

Hi babytazz, u r right. My sis had liaise with a msian CL and ended up the CL told her she won't be able to help her with the confinement at the last min and will send a replacement to work for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, she said let the current CL continue till the end of the period. But my sis wasn't relly satisfied with the current CL cos she tends to excuse herself to downstairs to smoke and came up to handle the baby even without washing her hands. So she just let go after the 2 weeks and handle everything herself after that. It's really a bad experience for her so she tends to be very cautious in choosing the right one this time.

BlurTazy

Hi missy10.
I don't think I will spend $988 on a pram. It's over my budget. Do you think it will be more appropriate to get the pram when bb is born?

Lovealot

Hi babytazz, u r right. My sis had liaise with a msian CL and ended up the CL told her she won't be able to help her with the confinement at the last min and will send a replacement to work for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, she said let the current CL continue till the end of the period. But my sis wasn't relly satisfied with the current CL cos she tends to excuse herself to downstairs to smoke and came up to handle the baby even without washing her hands. So she just let go after the 2 weeks and handle everything herself after that. It's really a bad experience for her so she tends to be very cautious in choosing the right one this time.
oh no... u are scaring me... cuz i also got a malaysian CL... she was my SIL's CL... hope she doesn't pull such stunt....

babytazz

I agree with missy about using carrier than pram if go outside. It frees up your hands and baby will be very happy to be close to mummy! It's easier to move about too. Imagine the escalators, stairs etc.

blurtazy, for he CL, there are really a lot of agencies to choose. If your sis in law don't mind high price for locals, can try a-team. And for pram purchase, better to get before your child is born. Unless you have that under your wish list as gift you want and people will give you for newborn. If you buy after birth, there are a lot of stuff you have to handle then and you may end up choosing one in a rush.

I'm also getting sis in law's CL from indo.. $2k.. really cheap for cny.. keeping fingers crossed! will also get a maid before I deliver, hope the maid can learn some skills like bathing n changing diapers.. so that she can help while I just supervise after the CL is gone..

am also shopping for pram n car seats alrdy.. any idea if those high 3-wheels prams can last till baby is big? they look really nice n easy to maneuver! any1 knows what brands hav nice 3 wheels prams?

Missy10

BlurTazy:814957 said:
Hi missy10.
I don't think I will spend $988 on a pram. It's over my budget. Do you think it will be more appropriate to get the pram when bb is born?
Initially i was thinking to buy after baby was born, but also agree with babytazz that unless you have friends willing to buy for you before baby was born, or after baby was born, can get them buy lighter weight, experience says 1 stroller is not enough, you need at least 2, 1 station in car and the other at home for emergency use

i have read somewhere that baby dont like to lie down in the stroller, or maybe dun buy those expensive ones, for me nothing more than $250, for those 0mths to 36mths...

Last edited:

LynetteN

I'm also getting sis in law's CL from indo.. $2k.. really cheap for cny.. keeping fingers crossed! will also get a maid before I deliver, hope the maid can learn some skills like bathing n changing diapers.. so that she can help while I just supervise after the CL is gone..

am also shopping for pram n car seats alrdy.. any idea if those high 3-wheels prams can last till baby is big? they look really nice n easy to maneuver! any1 knows what brands hav nice 3 wheels prams?
3 wheels pram is Quincy but heard they are heavy n hard to keep

wow really, thks Lynette.. any1 buying prams online? can share webby?
hey Lush! take care.. sore throat always brings me fever n body ache, I hate it! maybe gaggle salt water before u slp?

btw, so u gals always want to eat curry/Tom yum/ spicy food? I only like to eat these! sigh, wonder if its real bad!

Missy10

fabmums2014:815002 said:
wow really, thks Lynette.. any1 buying prams online? can share webby?
hey Lush! take care.. sore throat always brings me fever n body ache, I hate it! maybe gaggle salt water before u slp?

btw, so u gals always want to eat curry/Tom yum/ spicy food? I only like to eat these! sigh, wonder if its real bad!
Me me.... i like all mentioned above, kimchi soup, curry chicken, ajisan volcano ramen, tomyum steamboat..... hb was wondering will it be too hot for is precious..... but i drink tonnes of water...

BlurTazy

LynetteN:814987 said:
3 hospitals to choose from: Mt Alvernia, Gleneagles & NUH
u with Dr Beh so should be Thomson Medical?
Ya.. I will be at TMC. Heard he's doing delivery at Mt A too. But I'm ok with TMC. So did not ask further.

babytazz

Missy: yes! Older babies dont't like to lie down but when they sleep, you will find the lie down function good so their heads won't knock side to side. If they are active, they dont't like coz they wnt to see. I have 2 strollers myself. 1 that has a recline function (this is heavier weight) and 1 that is lightweight (cost $200+) and only can sit within slight recline (cost $50-$70). And actually I bought another one when I go traveling but will not recommend to any mummies. It is a trolley like stroller (yes! Really like market trolley handle) that is very light and cheap under seababy brand (cost less than $50), but unless your child is very small or short, this stroller is too short for them to stretch their legs.

lush: see if you can take danzen (safe medicine for sore throat during pregnancy) from pharmacy. It helps. Drink more water and hope your sore throat will be cured before it becomes flu like mine earlier.

fabsmum: I prefer to see the actual item to know how it works, so for me I dont't buy prams online. Other than that last one for travel which I regret buying online back then coz it was too short for son then. I dont't crave Tom yum or curry but I was on a craze for Korean ramen from Korean stalls. Hehe...

For the delivery hospital, do you gals plan to visit to see how it's like? I heard Thomson is great in their confinement food ESP that papaya soup. Mt A have great nurses.