EDD Jan 2014

BlurTazy

My hairdresser also don't recommend those normal dyes we used in salon. He says if I really need. He will recommend Henna (dye prepared from plant, natural ingredients).

Missy10

BlurTazy:817577 said:
My hairdresser also don't recommend those normal dyes we used in salon. He says if I really need. He will recommend Henna (dye prepared from plant, natural ingredients).
My hairdresser dun even recommend henna, cos it does consists some chemical, so he says better dun risk, and he is also that kind of pantang, say what if you dye when elders says dun dye, then if anything happen to baby, who to blame...

illuz

I think it's up to individual bah. Same for doing mani pedi. Some prefer not to do all but I also seen some whom do throughout their pregnancy, even doing gelish.

I did perm my hair when I was only 2months pregnant. But my perm only at ends, chemical didn't touch scalp. I didn't think so much then although I don't think I will be doing anymore.

BlurTazy

My hairdresser dun even recommend henna, cos it does consists some chemical, so he says better dun risk, and he is also that kind of pantang, say what if you dye when elders says dun dye, then if anything happen to baby, who to blame...
i guess i just have to bear with the white hair for another 5mths+.... argh!!! :wong13:

Its unusual that MIL allows you to dye your hair, its up to individual....

My hairdresser dun allow me to dye, perm or even straighten, he only allows me to do hair treatment monthly, as i dun even cut away my long hair...
yeah missy i find it weird to, but i think she's concerned about how i look during my wedding. For me i don't care, i will not risk it, as the photographers can photoshop my hair to make it appear all black...hehehehe

I think it's up to individual bah. Same for doing mani pedi. Some prefer not to do all but I also seen some whom do throughout their pregnancy, even doing gelish.

I did perm my hair when I was only 2months pregnant. But my perm only at ends, chemical didn't touch scalp. I didn't think so much then although I don't think I will be doing anymore.
I'm still doing pedicure, according to my gynae as long as the shop is properly ventilated then shouldn't be a problem. But I didn't do this during my first trimester as both my htb and I were pantang about it. I only did it during the second trimester.

LynetteN

Another fish oil lemon flavour is Belvea. My doc charges near $33 for a box of 30 soft gel capsules.
Arent we just have to swallow? So taste doesn't matter right? Or I got it wrong that we have to chew before swallow?

ya I feel tightness, cramps or some rumblings too. Dunno the rumblings inside is it due to baby's movement?

for hairdyes and mani pedi , I read online they are fine as we not so often exposed to.

For the FA scan does it 100% confirm the gender of baby? Cos currently we still don't dare to confirm the gender in case wrong expection.

babytazz

Thanks Lynnette. I felt the aftertaste of fishy smell when after swallowing the capsule (without chewing), I burped or feel nausea and vomit.
I read that painting nails are ok, just that the smell of the nail polish is considered toxic or rather not so healthy for pregnant women. Thus it's ok to paint your nails but in a ventilated area like chiching was saying.

liyin

Its unusual that MIL allows you to dye your hair, its up to individual....

My hairdresser dun allow me to dye, perm or even straighten, he only allows me to do hair treatment monthly, as i dun even cut away my long hair...
yeah missy i find it weird to, but i think she's concerned about how i look during my wedding. For me i don't care, i will not risk it, as the photographers can photoshop my hair to make it appear all black...hehehehe
U can buy mascara or spray dye

illuz

Ya I was thinking black hairspray too. Those wash off type should b safe?

Peenut

Has anyone stop sleeping on their back? I was told to slp on my sides but I get backache from it. Before that, I've no aches at all. :(

illuz

Has anyone stop sleeping on their back? I was told to slp on my sides but I get backache from it. Before that, I've no aches at all. :(
I hadn't been sleeping well too. I tried very hard to sleep on my sides but I'm just not used to it. I get aches and even numbness. But sleeping on back isn't comfortable as well. Moreover of the frequent trips to toilet, I feel so tired and sleepy everyday.

Was thinking of getting a maternity pillow. Anyone tried? Does it work?

Right now, i sometimes find myself sleeping in my back which i dont normally do. But i will correct my position as soon as possible and sleep on my side. When im sleeping alone, i will put a pillow on my back, this will more or less keep me in my left side sleeping position.
Illuz: I'm making frequent trips to the toilet too especially these days. Dont know if the baby is lying on my pelvic area giving me the urge to pee especially in the evening before i go to sleep. Then will wake up 2-3 times more just to pee. I agree, it's really disruptive in sleep.

Lush

For me i sleep on my left side as they say left side is more recommended during pregnancy, didn't get used to it at first because im those that love to sleep on my belly. now because of heartburn and constant burping i will prop a soft children bolster on my neck and pillow beneath it to get to sleep, it feels comfy esp when im very tired.

Lush

haha i guess your mil should be those modern or open minded type, my mil also doesnt know much about pan tang or preg stuffs. she say her pregs has always been on the smoother side so she never did abstain from this and that, only the usual cannot use scissors on bed or move furniture and install appliances when i am in the room, other stuffs about food and more she doesnt really have a clue too. haha!

haha i guess your mil should be those modern or open minded type, my mil also doesnt know much about pan tang or preg stuffs. she say her pregs has always been on the smoother side so she never did abstain from this and that, only the usual cannot use scissors on bed or move furniture and install appliances when i am in the room, other stuffs about food and more she doesnt really have a clue too. haha!
I think she's actually in between. She's like those like what you said believe in you can't use scissors in the bed, but i think i did one time. Can't go to the zoo and see monkey, don't know why and some other things that i can't remember...hehehe

Blurtazy: what do you have in mind...you can go somewhere near like bintan unless you're willing to fly out. With me..i think my babymoon after the wedding will be mbs...hahahaha. HTB doesn't allow me to travel anymore

Missy10

Use sleeping pillow or bolster to manage your sleeping, put one behind your back and one in front when u sleep on your left

blurtazy, tw or hk? I went to both, one in 1st tri, the other in 2nd tri.. I find hk's food better n more suited to sporean's.. tw has too much street food, not too safe for us i felt.. u can consider, but typhoon season is coming up for both countries! if not, Bali? book a Nice resort n nua haha, am going towards end of 2nd tri.. guess I will stop traveling once I hit 3rd tri..

if not, New Zealand or Aussie like gold coast? but the flight is slightly longer..