EDD Jan 2014

bellybuttony

i have also gained 4kgs to date. hopefully that i dont gain too fast cos i know i will have difficulty shedding those kgs off after giving birth. >.< have any of you started purchasing stuff for your baby? :)

Missy10

I only gained 5kg, gynae said I have low placenta, im worried..... But she says as long as no bleeding.... hope placenta will move upward as tummy grows

babytazz

Missy: I also have low lying placenta. Gynae says mild stage. Friends and relatives told me to not walk too much and don't carry heavy things but gynae didn't mention these. Me too hope the placenta will move upwards as baby grows. If there is bleeding, the gynae will order bedrest. Otherwise low lying placenta won't harm baby. If it's too low, will have to be a c-sect for sure. Let's think positive and hope it gets better together! :)

Bellybutton: some of us have bought some stuff already. For me, since I have a boy Ald, likely will reuse the clothes except for some that I can't reuse. I'll be aiming to buy stuff like milk bottle and teats. I have bought a steriliser to replace the one that I used to have coz it was faulty.. I have to admit it was a very early purchase but bought it coz it was on offer. Haha...

Last edited:
me gained 10! gosh.. but the wgt did not increase at wk 21, think it was cos I ate too much durian at wk 17-ish! ={
but doc says not to worry bout my weight, it's normal.. weird leh..

me too, low lying placenta.. I think so long as it doesn't affect the baby, I'm chill bout it.. just hope it will move upwards soon :)

babytazz

Are mummies gaining 7kg and more slim mummies?? I'm nearer to end average weight to begin with so more worried about the weight increase. Hehe...

alicianeo

i'm 20wks n have gained abt 3.5kg so far

as for breastpump, i ve bought medela pump in style.. i googled alot on breastpumps n learnt that medela pump in style is the most highly recommended one :purple:

mintdesu

i have also gained 4kgs to date. hopefully that i dont gain too fast cos i know i will have difficulty shedding those kgs off after giving birth. >.< have any of you started purchasing stuff for your baby? :)
Start shopping now lol...bought some in Jakarta, Indonesia ( a lot cheaper) and can't wait for the big expo baby fair this coming Oct :)

I bought baby cot alrdy and some small stuff bought from indo as well :)

mintdesu:825714 said:
Start shopping now lol...bought some in Jakarta, Indonesia ( a lot cheaper) and can't wait for the big expo baby fair this coming Oct :)

Rzena

My breastpump is also Medela PISA. Actually I bought Avent...but i only used for 4 months the pump motor went kaput. Then I researched and asked around for reviews and decided to get Medela. Never regretted the choice....very good and efficient! It's a double pump. The only good thing about my Avent one is that it comes with a light weight manual pump for use in situations when i don't have electrical supply.

Missy10

Ok... i think I will go for Avent, still waiting for Philip warehouse sales....

My hub thought im crazy when I ask BB to push bit by bit daily while she doing her 'exercise ' inside.... hahahhahaa

Attachments

Last edited:

babytazz

I have a friend who also recommended avent double pump. Is the Philips warehouse sale's price lower than baby fairs? I went to the Philips fair once and was turned off by the super long jam...

illuz

I also thought I may get avent double even though many rec medela. Partly cos it's much cheaper and some say the wide neck bottles are easier to clean and faster in getting more milk. Hope the fair has a good price. If buy from US is about usd200 only

bellybuttony

i also cant wait for the big baby fair! even though i have not start buying anything for baby, my hub's friends are passing us some of the big items; strollers, car seat & cot.. have u all got a list of things to get for baby? :)

nybcmy

Hey all. Hope this helps. I just called PEM Agency and they quoted with 2 prices for their CL service. $2150 (CL work till 24 Jan 13) & $3050 (CL work for 28 days). Apparently it's their CNY package and they only accept limited cases. Therefore must make decision soon =)

babytazz

Good that PEM isn't increasing their CL prices for cny. Some other agencies nearer to date, increase. I last enquired with them back in Jun and they gave the $3050 rate.

babytazz

I also thought I may get avent double even though many rec medela. Partly cos it's much cheaper and some say the wide neck bottles are easier to clean and faster in getting more milk. Hope the fair has a good price. If buy from US is about usd200 only
I think part of the reason why I preferred medela pump was that it's pump can be used with several different brands of bottles. Back then I had those glass bottles from hospital for milk for baby to drink. Btw, not sure if it's still being practiced, but mummies can still try asking the hospital if they have glass bottles to give you to store your bm. They are better for storage compared to plastic bottles.

Don't worry about your weight gain! I have friends who put on 20kg during their pregnancy and they lose it very quickly when they are breast-feeding. As long as you have been eating moderately, not excessively, just tell yourself that it's all for the baby and you will feel better! :)
Hi Mummychay, i've been eating when ever i feel hungry but looking at how fast my weight increase still scares me even though my gynae told me it's fine =.=''

Hi Mommies, thanks so much for all the advice. I'm in the pink team ... so happy about it. at least i'm aware of the gender n is able to purchase some stuff =)