EDD Jan 2014

Lush

I'm hoping for a girl too! Well, one reason is because I was the only girl in the family ( i got two big brothers). Plus I have 3 nephews and a niece that will be coming out this november. So we are hoping that I will have a girl so my niece will not be bullied by her bigger cousins.
When is your next checkup chiching? rmb to update us! Im feeling so happy for everyone. i guess knowing bb gender is another huge milestone pass. Sort of brings another closer bonding with our bb :)

rainbowgotu

anyone experiencing lower back pain? :( I will experience left side pain the moment I got up from my chair. :( btw, what kind of shoe are you mummies wearing?

Lush

anyone experiencing lower back pain? :( I will experience left side pain the moment I got up from my chair. :( btw, what kind of shoe are you mummies wearing?
Hi rainbow, i do have lower back pain if i sit at the same position for very long, but i feel more buttock pain then back pain. haha , im still wearing normal shoes :) never really got buy special shoes for pregnancy :)

When is your next checkup chiching? rmb to update us! Im feeling so happy for everyone. i guess knowing bb gender is another huge milestone pass. Sort of brings another closer bonding with our bb :)
My next check up is August 3, I have to change the date from July 31 because htb got a client meeting and he asked me to change it to a different date so he can be there, normally his boss allows him to miss work, but since this is a client meeting, he can't. So it's another week of waiting for me. I'm really excited about it... :)

Lush

My next check up is August 3, I have to change the date from July 31 because htb got a client meeting and he asked me to change it to a different date so he can be there, normally his boss allows him to miss work, but since this is a client meeting, he can't. So it's another week of waiting for me. I'm really excited about it... :)
Im excited for you too :) update back right away once you have the result so we can share the joy with u! :)

wow some of you got to know gender at wk 16! so envious! my last appt was at wk12.. got my Oscar n blood test; all cleared.. but my nxt visit will only b at wk 18 cos of travel plans n nurse says no point seeing dr too early -.-
I'm getting weird stares in trains too! like they r wondering if I'm a fatso or preggy! arghzz.. agree that the bump now is neither here nor there; only ppl who noes me knows that it's baby bump n not fat belly.. keke..

by the way I'm at wk154d now, I'm using clarins stretch mark control creme... no smell & not sticky! super like it.. I've bought both clarins creme n oil;creme for day n oil for nite, have not started using the oil tho :)

skin wise, not good! was bad before p/g.. now got worse.. sigh..

Peenut

Peenut, congrats on having a boy. Wow you are the first one here to know baby's gender..
I dunno mine yet...next checkup is 1 Aug. I'll be about 16 week 5 days by then.

When i had my first boy, I also had very good skin and radiant look. Everyone also thought I was having a gal. This time round same, I also look more radiant and skin is quite clear too.

My MS is totally gone since I crossed over to 2nd trimester..lucky me. Sometimes I even forget that I am pregnant now.. coz feel quite energetic and normal, except that the bump is growing in size and pple can start to tell that I'm preggy again. Now I'm thinking how to 'prepare' my elder boy for his sibling...wonder if he will love and be close to his sibling or not.
thanks Rzena. My baby isn't shy! Haha. But I did prep talk before the scan telling baby I need to know to prep the room n clothes. lucky u! My MS still decides to linger on...

Maybe u can start by asking ur elder son if he would like a sibling and tell him it's fun to have someone to play n love daily. maybe that will not caused him to feel that he's gaining a companion too. dun worry. They are siblings and will be loving :)

Peenut

Yes thats what my hubby said too, i think cus right now bump is still not very hard yet so it looks more like a chubby tummy, if mummies has smaller bust then will look more like baby bump but im more well chested. so i look like i got a really fat tummy after i eaten ! I realise your bb development is about same as mine, when is your edd? mine is 1st week of jan.
Lush, mine is 4th jan. anything earlier, gonna be a dec baby... Hoping for 1st jan haha!!!

Peenut

wow some of you got to know gender at wk 16! so envious! my last appt was at wk12.. got my Oscar n blood test; all cleared.. but my nxt visit will only b at wk 18 cos of travel plans n nurse says no point seeing dr too early -.-
I'm getting weird stares in trains too! like they r wondering if I'm a fatso or preggy! arghzz.. agree that the bump now is neither here nor there; only ppl who noes me knows that it's baby bump n not fat belly.. keke..

by the way I'm at wk154d now, I'm using clarins stretch mark control creme... no smell & not sticky! super like it.. I've bought both clarins creme n oil;creme for day n oil for nite, have not started using the oil tho :)

skin wise, not good! was bad before p/g.. now got worse.. sigh..
Oh yes, I bought the clarins too! not oily I agree . oh I realised strawberrynet.com sells at cheaper price than the retail stores. In case other mummies wanna try, can buy there too :)

Hi Fabmums, i think we all got this kind of stare especially in the MRT. I think they are unsure whether to give us the seat or not. Maybe they are afraid to offend us as well that if they ask us to sit and we are not pregnant, it's like telling us we are fatsos...hahahaha

Bii

Hi Bii, if u are of average size why not try online shops or overseas web like taobao? they are really cheap but of course you cant get to try the designs or see them in real life but price wise is really alot cheaper. i walk pass mothercare and saw them having sales, maybe you can pop by and take a look at their discounts?

Hi Lush,

Thanks for the recommendation. Will go look at the Taobao. By the way, the Mothercare you refer to is located at where?

Bii

Agree. I got some from taobao too. Really cheap compared to shops here. I got a nice pair of maternity skinny jeans at about $20 including shipping.
Hi Illuz,

Skinny jeans? Wont it be too tight for mummies with growing belly size? Is it free size? i always try to find looser pants coz afraid anything fit will make me feel uncomfortable....

ajcy

So good to know gender! We asked gynae but gynae didn't check and said even if he went to scan that area at this stage all babies will appear as girl! So better to wait...

Taobao services OK? Is it like qoo10?

babytazz

Lush: yes, our first child was a boy.

rainbow: I'm wearing flats and no heels as soon as I know I'm pregnant.

First time mummies should try to go for a Babymoon during the second trimester because after birth, you will be busy with baby and this may be your last chance for worry free couple travel unless someone can take care of baby after birth and you are really comfy till you won't worry. Hehe...

Lush

Hi Lush,

Thanks for the recommendation. Will go look at the Taobao. By the way, the Mothercare you refer to is located at where?
Hi , mothercare has a few outlets in shopping centres, maybe u can search their website.

Lush

Anybody had sushi or japanese mayo? Realise we cant eat anything that is undercook, even half boil eggs are a nono, really love those in ya kun :( any other things we should avoid?

illuz

Hi Illuz,

Skinny jeans? Wont it be too tight for mummies with growing belly size? Is it free size? i always try to find looser pants coz afraid anything fit will make me feel uncomfortable....
Haha no! Cos the bottom part look just like normal skinny jeans but the waist part is those adjustable elastic band u see in maternity wear. So actually it's very comfy yet fashionable. Got size and the band can adjust till 9months no problems.

This is an example how it looks like:
è´¨é‡￾ä¿￾è¯￾ 孕妇裤å­￾破洞孕妇牛仔裤 短裤 å°￾脚长裤打底裤 韩版å¤￾装 - 手机淘å®￾网

illuz

So good to know gender! We asked gynae but gynae didn't check and said even if he went to scan that area at this stage all babies will appear as girl! So better to wait...

Taobao services OK? Is it like qoo10?
Taobao u can't buy directly like Qoo10 cos they don't accept overseas payment. You will need to engage a DAIGOU in Singapore. This agent will help you to buy from various sellers, check the items that arrive in their china office(if damage or wrong order they will ask for refund or exchange from seller), then consolidate and ship to u. You will pay for shipping and a agent fee of about 10%. Shipping fee will depends on weight and mode of transport. By air is fast but more expensive, sea is cheap but can take 2-3weeks.

I am a fan of taobao! Lol...

gnissim23

hi all~! lush: ya cant eat half cooked food or raw food, all must be fully cooked. :/ I do sneak some half grilled salmon. lol.. im a salmon sashimi lover. so aiyo very difficult. but I just tahan. even I sneak I also take 1 or 2 pieces only.. but I try to avoid as much as I can. hehe. oh if cheese and all must be pasturized as well.