EDD Jan 2014

Dr E

Hi ladies, I am new to this forum. EDD is 24th Jan. Went for my 18th week scan yesterday and found out that baby is only 11.3cm. Is that normal? Coz the fetal growth chart indicates that a 18-week baby should be about 14cm from head to rump.

LynetteN

Hi ladies, I am new to this forum. EDD is 24th Jan. Went for my 18th week scan yesterday and found out that baby is only 11.3cm. Is that normal? Coz the fetal growth chart indicates that a 18-week baby should be about 14cm from head to rump.
No worries different baby different, mine also smaller than average. Prob cos also depends when baby was conceived cos they use our last menses as estimate so EDD not accurate.
i have a OB report at 18 weeks and not sure which measurement is head to rump. Is it HC or AC?

Peenut

dun worry. If ur gynae did not say anything then there's no concern.

Dr E

No worries different baby different, mine also smaller than average. Prob cos also depends when baby was conceived cos they use our last menses as estimate so EDD not accurate.
i have a OB report at 18 weeks and not sure which measurement is head to rump. Is it HC or AC?
The length was indicated as CRL on the scan printout.

happilymarried

hi dr E, not to worry.. I'm sure doc didnt say anything was wrong right? babies do grow at different rate.. at your next visit baby may catch up or be even longer than the norm then? :) also I read that from trimester 2 onwards or week 14.. crl is not as impt as baby's legs are more stretched.. also there r other things to note like BPD (head measurement), FL (femur length - the longest bone I think), AC (abdominal circumference) & these r calculated by machine to give EFW (estimated fetal weight)..

Dr E

hi dr E, not to worry.. I'm sure doc didnt say anything was wrong right? babies do grow at different rate.. at your next visit baby may catch up or be even longer than the norm then? :) also I read that from trimester 2 onwards or week 14.. crl is not as impt as baby's legs are more stretched.. also there r other things to note like BPD (head measurement), FL (femur length - the longest bone I think), AC (abdominal circumference) & these r calculated by machine to give EFW (estimated fetal weight)..
Thanks! That's really reassuring.

BbpHir3

Dr E:819316 said:
Depending on ur height n hub's height also.. so don't worry If doc nv say anything..

Missy10

I have the pain when i step my left foot(near ankle) on the floor, it was sharp pain, but it wasnt pain if i wear shoe or bedroom slipper

Anyone experience this???

BbpHir3

Missy10:819464 said:
I have the pain when i step my left foot(near ankle) on the floor, it was sharp pain, but it wasnt pain if i wear shoe or bedroom slipper

Anyone experience this???
I wear slippers will like that.. esp If walk alot.. but If wear heels, no problem siaz.. hahahaha..