EDD Jan 2014

bellybuttony

Bellybuttony: maybe just confirm with your mother in law if she's referring to napkins (those big white cloth) as cloth diapers or the modern type (outer cover with inserts) is fine as well. My mother in law had suggested cloth diapers but was referring to those napkins back then.

The upcoming fair at expo (baby market) seemed to have super lot of deals. Mummies may want to check out the place to see what they want to buy. I'm beginning to have high expectations of the fair for cheap prices since they kept advertising in Facebook of their low low prices. Haha..
hi babytazz,

i think she meant the traditional napkins kind.. maybe first month will let baby use those napkins kind. then when i take care of her myself, i will use the modern cloth diaper. haha.

i also have very high expectations of this baby fair. intend to get most of the essentials from this fair also..

LynetteN

i wanted to register with her for Sat class. but when i saw it, it was already FULL! and her sun class also. ): haven't booked any classes cos quite disappointed liao. =/
Same here so in the end I signed up for the antenatal classes with Mt Alvernia in Nov-Dec. Much cheaper and more lessons :p
Also I going for the breastfeeding course at the Breastfeeding Support Group in Oct. 4 sessions only $70/$80.

Missy10

Hahaha.... my gf was still asking me go print tshirt with "im pregnant" so wear it when taking mrt!!!

anyone here going Rise and Shine @ Suntec this weekend??? Got quite many deals going on there.... and its baby market 2013 next week....

Things i bought yesterday at the baby fair expo....
The carter socks 6 pairs $12
The romper ( 2nd & 3rd from left) 2 pcs for $10

Attachments

ajcy

Missy so organised!! Very nice the rompers :)

For prams what are mummies getting? I'm thinking of a old-fashioned one rather than a travel system cos the travel system is bulkier and need to "assemble" ..

Missy10

ajcy:828717 said:
Missy so organised!! Very nice the rompers :)

For prams what are mummies getting? I'm thinking of a old-fashioned one rather than a travel system cos the travel system is bulkier and need to "assemble" ..
Dont think will get pram, as i analyze for hubby, we won't be bringing bb out for the first month, only to clinic for checkup, that moment, think i prefer to carry her then put into pram, same goes to car seat... cos those from newborn onwards are more expensive

alicianeo

Same here so in the end I signed up for the antenatal classes with Mt Alvernia in Nov-Dec. Much cheaper and more lessons :p
Also I going for the breastfeeding course at the Breastfeeding Support Group in Oct. 4 sessions only $70/$80.
I happened to be at a baby fair at expo on 1 Jun and saw TMC booth. They offered a 5% discount for signing up at the fair n i was quite surprised that they accept signups at early stage of pregnancy so i was lured to sign up... i came home n did a quick comparison.... NUH offers its patients 7 (2hr) lessons (excl first lesson for maternity facilities tour) at abt half WBB's price, whereas WBB only has 5 (also 2hr) lessons and 1 Dr’s Talk... Not sure if WBB's really better than the others... :001_07:

alicianeo

Dont think will get pram, as i analyze for hubby, we won't be bringing bb out for the first month, only to clinic for checkup, that moment, think i prefer to carry her then put into pram, same goes to car seat... cos those from newborn onwards are more expensive
ermmm i think the law requires babies and children to be in child restraints when travelling in private cars Singapore Police Force - Media Information Centre... carrying babies in arms in the front seat is not allowed n car manufacturers advise drivers to belt up infant car seats in the rear seats (due to the air bag at the front seat)...

btw what is "old-fashioned one rather than a travel system" pram? :001_302:

Janechin

Missy: think i will get pram only if offer is good ba... as for which fair i'm going to.. will only go to Baby Market and buy everything there...

Alicia: yah its illegal and its better to be safe than sorry i think. else will regret for life. best to get those backward sitting car seat for BB.. that one is most safe.

Belly: yah, same here on the expectations now!

alicianeo

Seems like there should be lots of great deals at the upcoming Baby Market Fair...
hope to settle the miscellaneous outstanding items there... i've settled the bigger tickets items n just started shopping for misc items like nail clippers, swaddle, bottles, pacifiers etc etc ... bot a set of plain blue clothes ($6), mitten/booties ($3.90), conventional cotton napkins ($21.90 for set of 10) for bb and 3 maternity pyjamas ($12.90 each; 100% cotton) at a HDB shop at TPY Central, good price n nice chatty lady at the shop too

Missy10: Lovely clothes n socks u've got for your girl :001_302:

bellybuttony

Seems like there should be lots of great deals at the upcoming Baby Market Fair...
hope to settle the miscellaneous outstanding items there... i've settled the bigger tickets items n just started shopping for misc items like nail clippers, swaddle, bottles, pacifiers etc etc ... bot a set of plain blue clothes ($6), mitten/booties ($3.90), conventional cotton napkins ($21.90 for set of 10) for bb and 3 maternity pyjamas ($12.90 each; 100% cotton) at a HDB shop at TPY Central, good price n nice chatty lady at the shop too

Missy10: Lovely clothes n socks u've got for your girl :001_302:

hi alicia,

may i know which shop u got it from TPY? i am interested to get it from there too. the prices seems really reasonable. :)

ajcy

Umbrella stroller is the term I think so it is all-in-one no removable parts to fix or remove when wanting to close the pram!

For travelling I'll be getting a hand me down infant car seat from my godsister so that will last some time unless ah boy is like her son and outgrow too quickly!

alicianeo:828837 said:
ermmm i think the law requires babies and children to be in child restraints when travelling in private cars Singapore Police Force - Media Information Centre... carrying babies in arms in the front seat is not allowed n car manufacturers advise drivers to belt up infant car seats in the rear seats (due to the air bag at the front seat)...

btw what is "old-fashioned one rather than a travel system" pram? :001_302:

alicianeo

hi alicia,

may i know which shop u got it from TPY? i am interested to get it from there too. the prices seems really reasonable. :)
The shop is somewhere in the middle of blk 183 in tpy central, few shops away from Japan Home n Bangawang Solo. The bb clothes r outside of the shop n half of the shop sells curtains. Dont expect fanciful n cute looking bb clothes though, their stuff r the simple n humble kind but decent quality (eg 100% cotton, gd sewing workmanship, made in sgp) n gd price. The lady said they r gst-free woh... :001_302:

Last edited:

ajcy

I bought "hole" mittens from there to match the "hole" singlets that I got from pasar malam! The also have baby pillow/towel right?

nybcmy

Hi mommies, theres a shop opposite Guan Yin Miao (near the public washroom, hidden at a corner) that sells baby clothes, napkins & towels etc. They sell mostly in half dozen for each design. I bought 6 long sleeves for $12, 6 short sleeves for $10, 6 long pants for $13, 10 baby napkins (cloth diaper) for $15. The shop assts are helpful too. They will suggest what to buy and all :)

Last edited:

Missy10

nybcmy:828995 said:
Hi mommies, theres a shop opposite Guan Yin Miao (near the public washroom, hidden at a corner) that sells baby clothes, napkins & towels etc. They sell mostly in half dozen for each design. I bought 6 long sleeves for $12, 6 short sleeves for $10, 6 long pants for $13, 10 baby napkins (cloth diaper) for $15. The shop assts are helpful too. They will suggest what to buy and all :)
Thats where i bought my gal clothing too.... they also sell mittens set x 6 at $10

Hi my baby coming in early Jan 2014. Sounds very weird but my wife instructed me to surf this forum cause she says hubby must do all the information searching n reading haaha

Most of baby clothes bought in MY cause i normally go in to pump petrol every week haha. much cheaper