EDD Jan 2014

illuz

Is your cramps regular? If it is, you are likely to be in labour soon. I had mine like every 5mins before I called to ask gynae. She asked me to admit myself into hospital too. Don't wait until your pain escalate bcos sometimes labour may accelerate suddenly.

illuz

I had bloody discharge and stomach ache like pains rather than contractions, went in and was 3cm dilated so midwife said I would not be able to go home and will be delivering . It took around 11 hours from the time I had discharge till baby was here.
mine too same same.. Even though it was a long time before delivery, but I'm glad I'm there early to be monitored. Pain initially was like mild menstration cramps

ajcy

How's everyone's confinement and first month celebration?

Time flies, my boy is already 7 weeks and able to hold his head up when on his tummy!

illuz

Ya lor.. Time really flies.. Bb is grew so much already. Took her booster jab last week at poly clinic, cry until face so red! For me, now getting used to take care bb leow, and waking up in the middle of night to pump still!

babytazz

I see...
I feel so angry with myself... I just spilled like 10ml of my bm..... And my bm supply is not a lot. That was like 1/7 of my pump...
Hai... :(

ajcy

Don't stress.. after so long of latching + pumping my supply still on low end.. but I've seen that persistence + being positive helps.. I still need to supplement formula for now but not giving up :)

Jia you all

illuz

Hmm.. I duno if fenugreek really helps? Cos besides latching + pumping every 3 hourly in my first month, I also took fenugreek and drink a lot of water. My supply increase from 20-30ml in the first week to 250ml in 10mins in the forth week. Now over supply I had to reduce my latching and pumping bcos freezer is already full. Feeding mostly with EBM now

illuz

Illuz, how much fenugreek do you take?
I took lactogreek. It was given by my gynae, 2 tablets 3 times a day (the smell is awful but no choice) one box is 10 days supply.

babytazz: got supply is good but over supply also headache.. I have problems feeding as the milk flow too fast and shoots out. Bb chokes on the milk, spit out milk and nipple, get frustrated, and screams! That's why now I feed her mostly with EBM. If latching, I need to pump out some milk first before latching her.

ajcy

Same I was on lactogreek from gynae.. took two boxes 2 tablets three times a day.. besides that I drink Milo + mother's milk tea and lots of papaya and fish soup and rolled oats.. !

Any mummy tried motillium?

Just Me

Hi to all Jan mummies and hope u r enjoying the new life of motherhood.. :)

My edd is in May and im wondering if any of you had your baby delivered at kkh?

im looking at A1 ward and just wish to know what was ur final bill size received if u had opt for natural birth / c-sect.

Appreciate if you could share with me. Thanks in advance!

Hi mummies, closing down sale up to 65% off for baby items! pls visit Belle Couture
good quality and reasonable price. Pls pm me if you see anything you like... Btw it's in aud but I will exchange to sgd based on current rate.my sis will be here on early march, so you can save the shipping cost...

gabby25

Hi mummies,

Do you mind sharing with me did any one purchase maternity insurance prior birth? My EDD is in Mid Aug, thinking whether should I be buying the maternity insurance.
Thank you.

ajcy

Hi,

I bought the insurance for my son when I was 18 weeks. It's more if a savings plan but the good thing is once baby is born he automatically has health insurance that doesn't require underwriting. So even though it's limited coverage I took it up..
during pregnancy it covers complications..