EDD July 2012

JuliaKT

That's too bad when the bosses do not understand the difficulties of pregnent ladies. I'm also changing my job soon (change to new department in the same company). And I'm worried how my new boss will response if I take MC and leaves. I didn't know I was pregnant when I proposed to change a new department..

Well If they are not so happy about us, what can we do? Our health and the family is more important than their unhappiness. All the Best, mummies.
:)

sherin86

That's too bad when the bosses do not understand the difficulties of pregnent ladies. I'm also changing my job soon (change to new department in the same company). And I'm worried how my new boss will response if I take MC and leaves. I didn't know I was pregnant when I proposed to change a new department..

Well If they are not so happy about us, what can we do? Our health and the family is more important than their unhappiness. All the Best, mummies.
:)
but well, if no money/income also cannot la.. i also dunno.. i m so unhappy abt my boss but i need income.. i feel like what u say.. family is more impt.. what can i do???? =(

JuliaKT

but well, if no money/income also cannot la.. i also dunno.. i m so unhappy abt my boss but i need income.. i feel like what u say.. family is more impt.. what can i do???? =(
Yes, Sherin. It's not easy in the situation like this. I also couldn't afford to quit the job. So I'll Just try my best to ignore the boss's unhappiness and take leaves/MC when necessary. If they are not happy, let them be. Don't feel too bad about that and try to be happy. (I know it's easier said than done) I don't think they can fire you for taking MCs and leaves which are entitled for the employees yearly, right?

sherin86

Yes, Sherin. It's not easy in the situation like this. I also couldn't afford to quit the job. So I'll Just try my best to ignore the boss's unhappiness and take leaves/MC when necessary. If they are not happy, let them be. Don't feel too bad about that and try to be happy. (I know it's easier said than done) I don't think they can fire you for taking MCs and leaves which are entitled for the employees yearly, right?
i dunno lei.. i heard alot of stories.. some says according to MOM law, they cannot fire u when u are preggy.. some says if they want to fire u, they can come up with lots of reasons and excuses. i also dunno wat is true and wat is fake.. my boss even says i wun fall sick when i am preggy.. like as if trying to tell me i fake illness.. =( so unhappy..

Dilys

i dunno lei.. i heard alot of stories.. some says according to MOM law, they cannot fire u when u are preggy.. some says if they want to fire u, they can come up with lots of reasons and excuses. i also dunno wat is true and wat is fake.. my boss even says i wun fall sick when i am preggy.. like as if trying to tell me i fake illness.. =( so unhappy..
Hi

Sorry to hear that .. I m very pissed to hear that " your boss even says u wun fall sick when u r preggie !". This is how shallow a man can be .. Is ur boss a father already ?? I bet not!! Stupid man wait till his wife in the future preggie.. Then he will understand.. Or some men simply won't understand... They tot giving birth r just very easy like shitting !!!

Dont worry.. What comes around goes around... Good luck to those bosses who treat preggie staff like that !!!

sherin86

Hi

Sorry to hear that .. I m very pissed to hear that " your boss even says u wun fall sick when u r preggie !". This is how shallow a man can be .. Is ur boss a father already ?? I bet not!! Stupid man wait till his wife in the future preggie.. Then he will understand.. Or some men simply won't understand... They tot giving birth r just very easy like shitting !!!

Dont worry.. What comes around goes around... Good luck to those bosses who treat preggie staff like that !!!
haiz.. i can understand if he is not a father.. but he is a father of 2 kids alrdy!!!!!!haiz.. his wife last time nvr got sick during preggy, doesn't mean other preggy WUN get sick!!! haiz.. if its only man that has this thinking, nvm.. the worst is even my manager also thinks like him!! preggy wun get sick.. and my manager is a mother of 2!!! she says last time she nvr even fall sick.. and preggy the immune system strongest cause need to protect the baby.. =( i felt so upset that nobody understands.. even they are parents alrdy!

JuliaKT

haiz.. i can understand if he is not a father.. but he is a father of 2 kids alrdy!!!!!!haiz.. his wife last time nvr got sick during preggy, doesn't mean other preggy WUN get sick!!! haiz.. if its only man that has this thinking, nvm.. the worst is even my manager also thinks like him!! preggy wun get sick.. and my manager is a mother of 2!!! she says last time she nvr even fall sick.. and preggy the immune system strongest cause need to protect the baby.. =( i felt so upset that nobody understands.. even they are parents alrdy!
Geezzz.. they really need to be educated on the pregnancy.... ..

Dilys

Sigh!!! I think they should suffer then they know how it feels like.. They are just selfish!!! Stupid people !!

Jenni

hihi.. i m a March MTB.. but i saw ur post so similiar to my situation now! my boss also like tt.. why can't they understand?! we are not well lor.. i m also feeling sick of this company.. anw, is ur boss guy or lady??
My boss is a guy, a father of 2...

Jenni

I only know company cannot sack preggy which is 6mths to delivery but my hubby very scare so now try not to keep take leave, if my gers not well will ask my hubby take leave instate of me... All the while if my gers not feeling well i will be the one to look after so take alot of leave but now cannot le, 1 mth only can take 1 leave which is to go for check up...

My gers in Pcf childcare, don't know why the sch keep on have sch close, for march they close for 3 days for teachers's training or what, me and my hubby have to arrange to take leave... All this we can't control as no one help only have to count on ourself but bosses don understand Alot of things is not in our control... Now i endure till after maternity leave going to quit my job and stay at home to look after the kids for some time before go back work again... So tired...

Anyone like me no one help and all by ourself? It must be very tired, now 3rd 1 coming, i donno how to manage...

sherin86

I only know company cannot sack preggy which is 6mths to delivery but my hubby very scare so now try not to keep take leave, if my gers not well will ask my hubby take leave instate of me... All the while if my gers not feeling well i will be the one to look after so take alot of leave but now cannot le, 1 mth only can take 1 leave which is to go for check up...

My gers in Pcf childcare, don't know why the sch keep on have sch close, for march they close for 3 days for teachers's training or what, me and my hubby have to arrange to take leave... All this we can't control as no one help only have to count on ourself but bosses don understand Alot of things is not in our control... Now i endure till after maternity leave going to quit my job and stay at home to look after the kids for some time before go back work again... So tired...

Anyone like me no one help and all by ourself? It must be very tired, now 3rd 1 coming, i donno how to manage...
i guess after my girl is born, i will be like u.. all our own.. haiz.. i tot of putting into infant care.. but i scared if bb sick cannot put or if infant care close down, we have to take leave.. i dunno.. my manager hinted me in a way not to be like tt.. she says during preggy, if take leave, ppl still understand.. after preggy still take so many leave.. i dunno lah.. i want to quit and look after.. it seems to be the best solution so far.. =(

Jenni

i guess after my girl is born, i will be like u.. all our own.. haiz.. i tot of putting into infant care.. but i scared if bb sick cannot put or if infant care close down, we have to take leave.. i dunno.. my manager hinted me in a way not to be like tt.. she says during preggy, if take leave, ppl still understand.. after preggy still take so many leave.. i dunno lah.. i want to quit and look after.. it seems to be the best solution so far.. =(
Yes that's what i thinking now, before i preggy i take leave my boss also not happy le, so i have to quit look after myself then when baby grow bigger then put childcare then back to work... If not baby every injection some will fever then will have to take leave look after... Headache... Now i start thinking when confinement who help me with my 2 elder gers... All by myself again as confinement nanny only look after baby and me... No one helping me...

sherin86

Yes that's what i thinking now, before i preggy i take leave my boss also not happy le, so i have to quit look after myself then when baby grow bigger then put childcare then back to work... If not baby every injection some will fever then will have to take leave look after... Headache... Now i start thinking when confinement who help me with my 2 elder gers... All by myself again as confinement nanny only look after baby and me... No one helping me...
oh.. but luckily for me.. during my confinement, my parents will do my confinement. but because my mum still working and my dad has weak health.. so i can't probably rely on them to take care of my bb when i go work.. my mil no need to say.. she expects us to take care on ourselves.. =( feeling so stressed.. in law place got no space for maid to sleep.. also cannot hire maid.. if find nanny, dunno if can find a good nanny.. any solution?? =(

engravedx

Just had my detail scan this afternoon. I'm having a lil princess! Yeah~ very active bb I have, kept moving during the scan! Haha.

mei2009

oh.. but luckily for me.. during my confinement, my parents will do my confinement. but because my mum still working and my dad has weak health.. so i can't probably rely on them to take care of my bb when i go work.. my mil no need to say.. she expects us to take care on ourselves.. =( feeling so stressed.. in law place got no space for maid to sleep.. also cannot hire maid.. if find nanny, dunno if can find a good nanny.. any solution?? =(
Wa I really empathise with you ladies.. Your employers very mean! But at least now pregnant they cannot fire you - it's by law. But after maternity leave, it's tough to see their black face.. Don't know whether I'm lucky or not - I will go back to work in my old office in government which usually has no issue with leave but I'll have long hours.. I'm going to put baby in infant care near work so that I can bring him to work in the morning and pick him up at 7pm and go back to office for round two! My husband cannot just take one day here and there so it's just me. My MIL has her own life but if baby falls ill and if I'm too busy, I think she mentioned before that she can still help on off.

Jenni

Wa I really empathise with you ladies.. Your employers very mean! But at least now pregnant they cannot fire you - it's by law. But after maternity leave, it's tough to see their black face.. Don't know whether I'm lucky or not - I will go back to work in my old office in government which usually has no issue with leave but I'll have long hours.. I'm going to put baby in infant care near work so that I can bring him to work in the morning and pick him up at 7pm and go back to office for round two! My husband cannot just take one day here and there so it's just me. My MIL has her own life but if baby falls ill and if I'm too busy, I think she mentioned before that she can still help on off.
My in laws stay very far and have business to do, my mum have to look after my grand ma as they not going to continue the maid anymore... I have to look after myself, if employ a maid or nanny or infants seems like all my salary pay for my kids and no extra... So will be looking after by myself and doing some online stuff to earn extra income... No choice...

paul

Any mummies here still exercise ? I stopped exercising after preggy. Find it too tiring to cope with work and preggy and wkend hsework.