EDD July 2012

engravedx

Woah! Happy for you! I'll be gng for another scan on tml morning hopefully can see heartbeat by then. U are so lucky that you got oscar scan for free as i heard it cost abt 300++
Hmm the consultant for oscar scan told me it's $150 leh. At KKH. I dunno if that's the subsidised or normal rate though. o_O 300plus so exp!!

Celson

Hi mummies!!

I just had my first scan on Wed (14th Dec) and saw my cute bb waving at me! Hahaha. Doctor told me I'm 9.8 weeks pregnant already, EDD on 12th July. Happy happy!

While I was waiting for my turn to draw blood, I was actually approached by this research coordinator regarding a research that they are doing to find out why some mummies get complications during pregnancy. (I don't know how she actually knew my name ~.~) So anyway, I agreed to it and end up getting to do my OSCAR scan totally free of charge! I actually just had my consultation for the OSCAR scan before the blood test and decided not to do it. =X

I didn't really ask the doctor much cos I was still in a state of shock and dreamy happiness after seeing my bb in the scan. Actually, I think I didn't ask the doctor anything at all. =\

My next appointment is just to see the doctor, no scans. I don't know for what. Then the following one after, on 22nd Feb, there will be a scan to see bb's gender! I'M SO EXCITED FOR THAT!!!! ^^
Good for ya engravedx! :) So cute baby waving at you!

engravedx

Good for ya engravedx! :) So cute baby waving at you!
At first I just staring at the monitor, dunno what to expect. Until the bb form came out, i just cannot stop smiling after that. Didn't expect can see the bb shape already. Then saw the hands and legs keep on moving around, super cute!!! And the tiny little heartbeat. :) totally love at first sight!

Jenni

At first I just staring at the monitor, dunno what to expect. Until the bb form came out, i just cannot stop smiling after that. Didn't expect can see the bb shape already. Then saw the hands and legs keep on moving around, super cute!!! And the tiny little heartbeat. :) totally love at first sight!
It cute to see baby inside ur tummy moving, For subsidy, will not have scan everytime, maybe only listen to the heart beat... U go to see doc jus to see if u have any question, if no question then bye bye... Monday when i go for check up, my gynea do the scanning then my baby is keep facing us, then the gynea keep moving my tummy hope baby can turn but in the end baby don wan to move hehe...

yeoymp

Hi valwee,

that is 5 yrs ago, yr 2006... That time my bill is jus $1k+, all deduct by medisave... Now the bill i not so sure but for KK subsidy will not be too ex... That's what i experience, for subsidy rate the nurse will treat u diff, very bad... After that i told myself will not go back there anymore, for my 2nd and 3rd will book a doctor...

Maybe i too suai to have that doctor to do the sew up for me... Don worry too much, may not happen to u...

hi Jenni & Valwee,

me also delivered my gal in KK with subsidy this Jan. Total bill abt 1.7k, all deduct from medisave. Is true that each time was seen by different gynae then not much scan was donw throughout the whole pregnancy. Sometimes, it just measure your tummy and hear the heart beat.

And i do experienced the scary sewing part........1 trainee gynae did the sewing, halfway another senior came in and comment the trainee done wrongly. And the senior actually took out the sewing and re-do again......end up it tooks me 1 hour to complete the sewing part.

i guess have to depends on your luck.

Jenni

hi Jenni & Valwee,

me also delivered my gal in KK with subsidy this Jan. Total bill abt 1.7k, all deduct from medisave. Is true that each time was seen by different gynae then not much scan was donw throughout the whole pregnancy. Sometimes, it just measure your tummy and hear the heart beat.

And i do experienced the scary sewing part........1 trainee gynae did the sewing, halfway another senior came in and comment the trainee done wrongly. And the senior actually took out the sewing and re-do again......end up it tooks me 1 hour to complete the sewing part.

i guess have to depends on your luck.
Oh My God, is abt the same as me, the trainee jus tell me, sorry i sew wrongly then take out and re-sew again... If lucky may not happen to u but if suai it may happen for subsidy... Did u experience the nurse scold you? I was scold by the nurse, after deliver, the nurse will tell u to lie down and do not wake up for 6 hrs, i very guai lie down and didn't dare to move, in the end the nurse come and scold me and say why i didn't get down to urine... Funny right, is them who told me not to move in the end scold me... I try urine but no urine they scold me again... I just deliver and was so tired coz of 10hrs+ deliver but was scold after that...

Dilys

Hi mummies!!

I just had my first scan on Wed (14th Dec) and saw my cute bb waving at me! Hahaha. Doctor told me I'm 9.8 weeks pregnant already, EDD on 12th July. Happy happy!

While I was waiting for my turn to draw blood, I was actually approached by this research coordinator regarding a research that they are doing to find out why some mummies get complications during pregnancy. (I don't know how she actually knew my name ~.~) So anyway, I agreed to it and end up getting to do my OSCAR scan totally free of charge! I actually just had my consultation for the OSCAR scan before the blood test and decided not to do it. =X

I didn't really ask the doctor much cos I was still in a state of shock and dreamy happiness after seeing my bb in the scan. Actually, I think I didn't ask the doctor anything at all. =\

My next appointment is just to see the doctor, no scans. I don't know for what. Then the following one after, on 22nd Feb, there will be a scan to see bb's gender! I'M SO EXCITED FOR THAT!!!! ^^
Hi engravedx,

Congrats .. Wow u can see baby waving so early at 9wk+?? Hmmm if I were you .. I won't take up the offer to do Oscar for free. I don't want to be a something using for a research... "on why some mummies have complications"... Hmmm..if I were u .. I will ask them back so do you think I will any complications in my pregnancy? I always believe nothing is free in this world. So just play safe....

Dilys

Oh My God, is abt the same as me, the trainee jus tell me, sorry i sew wrongly then take out and re-sew again... If lucky may not happen to u but if suai it may happen for subsidy... Did u experience the nurse scold you? I was scold by the nurse, after deliver, the nurse will tell u to lie down and do not wake up for 6 hrs, i very guai lie down and didn't dare to move, in the end the nurse come and scold me and say why i didn't get down to urine... Funny right, is them who told me not to move in the end scold me... I try urine but no urine they scold me again... I just deliver and was so tired coz of 10hrs+ deliver but was scold after that...
Hi jenni,

Poor thing! You pay for the hospital stay yet they scold u. If I were you .. I Definetly scold the nurse back !

engravedx

Hi engravedx,

Congrats .. Wow u can see baby waving so early at 9wk+?? Hmmm if I were you .. I won't take up the offer to do Oscar for free. I don't want to be a something using for a research... "on why some mummies have complications"... Hmmm..if I were u .. I will ask them back so do you think I will any complications in my pregnancy? I always believe nothing is free in this world. So just play safe....
No lah, it's not that they think i will have complications. It's IF have complications, then want to see if it's from lifestyle habits or whatever. Complications like hypertension, premature birth, etc. So just help them lor. The oscar scan is part of it, so they are not charging me.. I read through the paper v carefully le, and rly does no harm to me. So just participate in the research lor. ^^

My bb not rly waving at me lah. Just that when doctor scan, it was moving the hands and legs. So like waving lor. Saying hi to me. Super cuteeeee! Rly damn happyyyyy. :D still v small, but can see the shape forming alr. Seriously fell in love at first sight. I still cant forget..!

engravedx

Omg if it happens to me, i sure scold them left right upside down lor! Cannot urine jiu cannot urine lah. As if scold le then the urine will freeflow come out. Haiyo!! =X

yeoymp

Hi Jenni,

I was heng that the nurse didn't scold me, in fact the midwife and nurse in delivery suite was quite nice. Is only the nurse over the ward was not so helpful.....it was my first child, when i ask the nurse for help on breastfeed they wasn't so helpful and keep ask me to try myself. On the day of discharge, have to change baby's clothes ourself.

Another thing is the trainee doc who do the sewing put in a gauze and never take out! Luckily they do have habit to count the gauzes used then the senior doc found 1pc was left inside!

So which gynae u go now?

Jenni

Hi Jenni,

I was heng that the nurse didn't scold me, in fact the midwife and nurse in delivery suite was quite nice. Is only the nurse over the ward was not so helpful.....it was my first child, when i ask the nurse for help on breastfeed they wasn't so helpful and keep ask me to try myself. On the day of discharge, have to change baby's clothes ourself.

Another thing is the trainee doc who do the sewing put in a gauze and never take out! Luckily they do have habit to count the gauzes used then the senior doc found 1pc was left inside!

So which gynae u go now?
I was scold by the nurse in the ward... In the labour ward is still ok... U mean which gynea? The gynea i have now or last time who sew for me? I forget le wor, that is 5 yrs ago...

Yingver07

Morning all mummies, it's monday blues again :/ Just went for my 2nd check-up last sat. During the ultrasound i can see baby's heartbeat flickering in the screen! It's so amazing how baby can grow in such a short time! Next appt will be in 3 weeks time in Jan, hopefully by then can see hands & legs :)

Celson

Good morning Mummies! :)

Yingver, so exciting to see heart beats in ultrasound scan, isn't it? =D

I'm going for 2nd appointment on coming Wednesday, we couldn't see anything but a very tiny sac during the last checkup, hopefully everything is fine and we can see heartbeat this time round.

Yingver07

Good morning Mummies! :)

Yingver, so exciting to see heart beats in ultrasound scan, isn't it? =D

I'm going for 2nd appointment on coming Wednesday, we couldn't see anything but a very tiny sac during the last checkup, hopefully everything is fine and we can see heartbeat this time round.
Hi Celson, i just realise that we both are in 5 weeks & 4 days according to ticker! :) but gynae says currently still small cant really tell me how exactly i'm into how many weeks. Only estimated in 6 weeks & few days.

During my 1st checkup i can see a very tiny dot using vaginal scan, ultrasound cant even see anything.

Last edited:

Jenni

Morning all mummies, it's monday blues again :/ Just went for my 2nd check-up last sat. During the ultrasound i can see baby's heartbeat flickering in the screen! It's so amazing how baby can grow in such a short time! Next appt will be in 3 weeks time in Jan, hopefully by then can see hands & legs :)
Yingver, so did ur gynea told u how big is ur baby now?