EDD July 2012

Snowgal

Help!! i dunno if i have engorged breast or mastitis. since monday, my left breast suddenly is sore and red and painful, it was alright when i last ebm, but in the middle of the night, it happens and i was down w fever. i went to see doc and got painkillers and antibiotics, fever went off, but i still cant ebm. i tried many times and increase the motor so high but still no bm came out. tried hot n cold compress but still dun work. i massage n a little yellowish milk (dunno if its pus) came out, and thats it.
i dunno what to do now. cant express out any milk at all.. help!!

JuliaKT

Help!! i dunno if i have engorged breast or mastitis. since monday, my left breast suddenly is sore and red and painful, it was alright when i last ebm, but in the middle of the night, it happens and i was down w fever. i went to see doc and got painkillers and antibiotics, fever went off, but i still cant ebm. i tried many times and increase the motor so high but still no bm came out. tried hot n cold compress but still dun work. i massage n a little yellowish milk (dunno if its pus) came out, and thats it.
i dunno what to do now. cant express out any milk at all.. help!!
OH no, please don't force yourself to express with motor.. you would only get painful. I've engorged breast last week and also try pump out with higher suction which made me more painful. haha
The more I worried, the less chance to get let down (milk flow). So I've to relax my mind and kept patient while putting the ice bag on the breast. :)

You can also put chilled cabbage on the breast and take turn to massage each side. when you feel "the let down", you can pump out with slow speed. The best is using your hand and do manually expressed out.
the key thing is to be relaxed and not to worry too much....

Hope it helps :)

mei2009

Can anyone recommend the baby food processor? My pediatrician asks me to introduce some food to my baby and need to find some blender or food processor to make puree :D
Hey JuliaKT, I want the purifying one - I also have hair fall and oily scalp, but dry hair ok right? I live near Buona Vista can collect there? Can pay the $16.50 in cash.

And, for puree, the Avent steam plus blender is the most convenient. If you just want a blender, I'm thinking of selling my U-Like blender. Original $60+. I hope to sell $50. I've opened it but not used it. At first I thought I wanted to make puree but I decided to do baby led weaning - no puree.

aviivana

Hi juliakt mum.. My hair dry, hair fall and scalp which one i need to use..i am stay at marine parade area... Pls let me know your number. Thanks

Snowgal

OH no, please don't force yourself to express with motor.. you would only get painful. I've engorged breast last week and also try pump out with higher suction which made me more painful. haha
The more I worried, the less chance to get let down (milk flow). So I've to relax my mind and kept patient while putting the ice bag on the breast. :)

You can also put chilled cabbage on the breast and take turn to massage each side. when you feel "the let down", you can pump out with slow speed. The best is using your hand and do manually expressed out.
the key thing is to be relaxed and not to worry too much....

Hope it helps :)

thanks for yr reply... i was really helpless and sian alr, and even thought of stopping bf, coz seems like i left with no choice, for the supply really pathetic.

which is the correct way to do breast massage? circular or pushing straight to the nipple?

JuliaKT

Hey JuliaKT, I want the purifying one - I also have hair fall and oily scalp, but dry hair ok right? I live near Buona Vista can collect there? Can pay the $16.50 in cash.

And, for puree, the Avent steam plus blender is the most convenient. If you just want a blender, I'm thinking of selling my U-Like blender. Original $60+. I hope to sell $50. I've opened it but not used it. At first I thought I wanted to make puree but I decided to do baby led weaning - no puree.
Hello Mei2009,

Dry hair is also suitable with this brand becoz of ceramide infusion system which penetrate to the hair shafts to repair, strengthen and protect. You will see your hair texture getting better and easier to manage after you use this. My hair was very dry and damaged due to perming last time. After using this one, i see my hair getting soft and smooth, saved me from cutting off my long damaged hair. That's why I like this shampoo very much. hehe

I'll order for you and will pass to you. Pls PM me your number. Thanks.

Oh, for the blender, I bought Beaba Steamer and Blender last night in Vivo city with S$238 (after discount). I've to rush to buy since I'll be flying off next week and no time for shopping again.

If I read this post earlier, it would save me some money.. :(

JuliaKT

Hi juliakt mum.. My hair dry, hair fall and scalp which one i need to use..i am stay at marine parade area... Pls let me know your number. Thanks
Hello Aviiana..

You mean you have dry hair and dry scalp? You can try Gentle Daily cleanser for everyday use. I Can pass you at the bedok Mrt during weekend or after office hour.. As I will be away from Singapore start from next weekend, is it possible to pass you during this weekend or after 6pm at bedok on Monday or Tuesday.

My number 91193425.. :)

JuliaKT

thanks for yr reply... i was really helpless and sian alr, and even thought of stopping bf, coz seems like i left with no choice, for the supply really pathetic.

which is the correct way to do breast massage? circular or pushing straight to the nipple?
Oh.. I am also having less milk production and feeling stressed.. That's why i'm rushing to buy food blender to supplement my baby with some fruits :(

When I got engorged during my stay in hospital, the nurse taught me the circular massage. I also tried pushing straight one but it hurts.

What I did was, put ice bag or chilled cabbage leaves on the breast for a while. Then do circular massage and squeezed out the milk from the nipple. Sometimes, when I feel the "let down" while massage, I will also pump out instead of squeezing out :D

I also don't really know which one is the correct way but that is what I've been doing whenever I have engorgement. :)

If your engorgement is already so many days, I suggest you check with the doctor. My frnz also having same problem and she had to go surgery. :( So if you can't pump out or squeeze out the milk, it's better to discuss with doctor. All the best, dear :)

mei2009

Hello Mei2009,

Dry hair is also suitable with this brand becoz of ceramide infusion system which penetrate to the hair shafts to repair, strengthen and protect. You will see your hair texture getting better and easier to manage after you use this. My hair was very dry and damaged due to perming last time. After using this one, i see my hair getting soft and smooth, saved me from cutting off my long damaged hair. That's why I like this shampoo very much. hehe

I'll order for you and will pass to you. Pls PM me your number. Thanks.

Oh, for the blender, I bought Beaba Steamer and Blender last night in Vivo city with S$238 (after discount). I've to rush to buy since I'll be flying off next week and no time for shopping again.

If I read this post earlier, it would save me some money.. :(
Thanks!

Steamer+blender usually more ex.. I already have steamer so.. Take it as saving time! More convenient in one :)

aviivana

Hi juliakt mum

Sorry fo my late reply cos very busy working... This weekend i cant maybe next weekend when you come back to singapore... Tq

JuliaKT

Hello,

I'm preparing for holiday.. Just realize that I didn't know if we could carry the milk bottle and baby food in flight.. Any suggestion from experienced mommies?

mei2009

Hello,

I'm preparing for holiday.. Just realize that I didn't know if we could carry the milk bottle and baby food in flight.. Any suggestion from experienced mommies?
Check with your airline - I believe a reasonable amount of baby food is excluded from restrictions.