EDD - July 2015

pandababy

Hi July mummies!
this is my first pregnancy and i'm now at my 11 weeks. EDD is 27 Jul. so far no morning sickness, but most of the time i have no appetite to eat :(

Jer123

My edd is 10july2015. Next week going for a detailed scan, the one which the result will be sent over to US to detect the possiblity of Down Syndrome. Did that in December but the ratio was low as per doctor, so hoping the coming scan can be more positive. Will be spending a bomb on this coming test.

pandababy

My edd is 10july2015. Next week going for a detailed scan, the one which the result will be sent over to US to detect the possiblity of Down Syndrome. Did that in December but the ratio was low as per doctor, so hoping the coming scan can be more positive. Will be spending a bomb on this coming test.
Hi Jer123! my doctor has fixed an appointment for me to do DS scanning this coming Fri. but i was told that this scanning is for mummies who are over 35 years old... is that correct? im a little confused :(

may i know the price for your scanning that to be sent over to US? according to my doctor, that is the most expensive one.

Thank you~

Jer123

Hey pandababy,

it applies to all pregnant mummies, my frens were also doing it even as young as 25 yo! Yup, the scanning is known as "Fetal cell free DNA test" and it includes drawing blood to know the Gender, as well as Down Syndrome of Trisomy 21, 18 and 13. The test cost $1,600 altogether. There's also another test known as Amniocentesis, it includes using a needle to draw amniotic fluid from the sac, the worrisome part for this test though, is that the amniotic sac might or not be able to heal completely after drawing the water, hence, miscarriage is higher. So if possible, do the US test will do. Less risk. The cost is e same as the US test.

Last edited:

Jer123

Hey pandababy,

it applies to all pregnant mummies, my frens were also doing it even as young as 25 yo! Yup, the scanning is known as "Fetal cell free DNA test" and it includes drawing blood to know the Gender, as well as Down Syndrome of Trisomy 21, 18 and 13. The test cost $1,600 altogether. There's also another test known as Amniocentesis, it includes using a needle to draw amniotic fluid from the sac, the worrisome part for this test though, is that the amniotic sac will not be able to heal completely after drawing the water, hence, miscarriage is higher. So if possible, do the US test will do. Less risk. The cost is e same as the US test.

Jer123

i did the Harmony test today instead. Lucky it was $900+, nt like what the nurses claimed at $1,600... ;L

Ive recently signed up for a mount Alvernia workshop to prepare mums for their newborn. It will be very beneficial for first time mummies who want to learn the basic of caring for a baby like breastfeeding, soothing crying baby, sleeping tips, confinement methods etc. Heard there's some special goodie bag they r giving away as well and 15% off when you use SUPERMOM2 code. http://evnk.co/thefirst100days

d aulia

my edd is 22 jul.just just now,my boss is asking for my maternity leave dates.im nt sure when to start taking them. :/

Jeslyn13

Hihi mummies, wanna come by this thread too?? Hehe. At Meeting section.
[h=2]2015 Mummies - Gathering at Events / Sharing of Good deals[/h]

Jeslyn13

Hi mummies,

Are u keen to go for this event Strut Your BUMP

Saw ppl sharing if we can get 10 or more EDD mummies who are keen to go, we can sponsorship!

Highlights include
Pregnancy workout by Mom in Balance
Mrs Wong Boh Boi breastfeeding talk (my fren attend before.. say very helpful for her bf journey)
Brunch provided
Dessert provided too at baby shower party after workout

And still can get 60$ worth of goodie bag! They encourage hubbies to go along to do workout with mummies.

Keen?? We need 10 or more to get the sponsorship