EDD June 2012 Mummies

Sheng

Thanks Claralicious! I have just switched to formula milk at night. I will try for a week and see how.

A bit heart pain to feed my son water at night and heard too much water is not good for them?
On hot afternoons or when he has a dry throat, I only feed him 50ml water and this is on alternate days only.

eve34

Hi sheng my girl is two months and one day old today. She also drinking 150ml per feed at an interval of 2.5 to 3 hours. In the morning however she drinks lesser than 150ml. Usually about 100 to 125ml.

At night she usually ask for one more feed before she sleeps. This feesy be 1.5 to 2 hours after the last feed. She usually doesn't drink 150ml. After this feed she will sleep n the next feed will be 4-6 hours later. N this feed will also be lesser than 150ml. Maybe u wanna try feeding ur bb more just before he sleeps

Jenni

Hi Sheng, mine just hit 3 months. He's taking 150ml to 165ml (formula milk) every 3 hours. He only wakes up once a night. Sometimes he sleep throughout. The nurses told me that BM is easier to digest. So mabybe you can switch to formula for the last night feed? If not you try stretching to 4 hours. My #1 was feeding every 3 hrs throughout day and night. Was a difficult time for me. There's old saying of just feeding them water at night if they wake up for milk. This is to train them and let them know that no milk will be given and they have to sleep. I haven't try this method. Maybe you can try? Heard it will be difficult for the baby for 1 week and it will be all over.
Hi clara,

I try this method for my #1 & #2, it works... I only train them after 3mths as now still too small need more milk for baby...

Sheng

Hi sheng my girl is two months and one day old today. She also drinking 150ml per feed at an interval of 2.5 to 3 hours. In the morning however she drinks lesser than 150ml. Usually about 100 to 125ml.

At night she usually ask for one more feed before she sleeps. This feesy be 1.5 to 2 hours after the last feed. She usually doesn't drink 150ml. After this feed she will sleep n the next feed will be 4-6 hours later. N this feed will also be lesser than 150ml. Maybe you wanna try feeding your baby more just before he sleeps
Thanks eve. I actually increase the last feed from the usual 150ml to 180ml.
So if I understand correctly, i should try adding in another feed about 90ml around 1.5 to 2 hrs after this last feed?

eve34

Whether to give ur bb another feed depends on the bb. My girl usually wants another feed so we give. U gotta see ur bb needs. For example last nite she had her feed of 150ml at 8.10pm but she cries after that. We give her plain water n she drinks like she is still very hungry so we give another 60ml which she finished. Then at 10.30pm she wants more milk n we give her 125ml n again she finished. We tot she will sleep after that but she didnt n At 11.45pm she was biting her hands n showing signs that she wants milk so we give her 60ml. Again she finished her milk. The point is to see the sign given by your bb n not force feed. U gotta monitor ur bb drinking patterns

Sheng

Whether to give ur bb another feed depends on the bb. My girl usually wants another feed so we give. U gotta see ur bb needs. For example last nite she had her feed of 150ml at 8.10pm but she cries after that. We give her plain water n she drinks like she is still very hungry so we give another 60ml which she finished. Then at 10.30pm she wants more milk n we give her 125ml n again she finished. We tot she will sleep after that but she didnt n At 11.45pm she was biting her hands n showing signs that she wants milk so we give her 60ml. Again she finished her milk. The point is to see the sign given by your bb n not force feed. U gotta monitor ur bb drinking patterns
Got it Eve, thanks so much.

Evaling

Hi mummies, anyone gave birth naturally at SGH & opt for class A1 single bedded? How much did you pay in total after all the deductions & subsidize?

engravedx

Sheng, do you want to join us in our June mummies facebook page? We are active there. :) Other June mummies are invited to join us as well. Just leave ur emails and someone will add u in!!

meikaey

Hi June mummies, I gave birth in June too. Can add me to the Facebook group as well? Also trying to train my LO to sleep through the night. But he still everyday different pattern.

kari.kentang@gmail.com
Many thanks!

meikaey

Yikes! I'm sorry. Have edited my settings. Can kind mummies please try again. Thank you so much!

kari.kentang@gmail.com