EDD June 2013

mrsred

Congrats cel88!!

I guess it's a waiting game for all of us now! Hang in there mummies! Rest more and enjoy the kicks while we still have baby inside. :)

Qiannyang

Roudx: Gynae merely said that baby is bigger than average :) Didn't ask me to watch my diet too. But perhaps i might just stop eating so much durian haha. Thank you!

Missolive: Yup, there is a loop right around her neck. Gynae did mention not to worry. But whenever I turn around in bed, my movements are quite hard and sudden. Would it pose any problems to baby? TIA :)

And can any Mummies advise if having more contraction and cramps more frequently would mean that I'm nearing labor anytime soon? Currently 37wks, first time Mommy :) Thank you!

Littlekk

Hi qianyang, think my edd same day as u, my boy was 2.85kg at 36w :X

cel88, congrats! How is csec wound healing for you? My gynae says i may have to do csec but I'm really scared...

Qiannyang

Hi LittleKk, what a heavy boy you have! Always nice to know our little one is happy and healthy :) A few more weeks to go!

roudx

@ QianYang : I think you should watch ur diet since Gynae said ur BB is bigger than average. Cause my Gynae always said my BB is average everytime I went to check up.

missolive

Hi Qianyang, if gynae said not to worry then you don't need to worry ba :) and I don't think that your turning movement will pose any problem. But for me currently, it's very hard to turn le, it takes me a few steps just to do one turn hehe, I'm curious how you do the sudden turn..

And for contraction, I also have it very often now throughout the day.. more like tightness, not a real contractions, but my gynae said not yet, baby's head not low enough and no dilation.. so I guess it really depends..

Aixin Mummies Confinement & Wellness Sanctuary
Our 28 days' stay-in confinement package includes personal one to one confinement nanny service for mummy and baby, delicious and nutritious confinement meal tailored according to the different stages of recovery during confinement (3 main + 3 side meals), herbal bath for mummy, infant bath and massage, free diapers and toiletries for mother and baby etc.
Other services we provide are pre/post/aqua yoga, belly binding, post natal detoxification massages, breast feeding guidance etc.

https://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies

cel88

Hi little kk, today is the 5th day since operation. Can walk better and a little faster than the last couple of days, so i guess the healing is fine. Anyway also busy with bb so dun really notice the pain. Good luck with urs!

Wanna ask you all for opnion.. Wife 39th weeks le.. due anytime.. should be a happy occasion but currently my grandma is critical in hospital. previously I was quite against induce method and wife is open to option.. But now a little confuse state as I was hoping my grandma will get to meet him.. But even so.. am thinking it is kinda selfish to have this thinking even though wife is quite supportive.. just ned some opnion asap
Baby has it's own timing. When your baby is ready to live outside of the womb, labour begins. You can try natural induction. May not see immediate result but you can always try the gentle way.
Natural ChildBirth Odyssey

Qiannyang

@Roudx: Just went for check up, 3kg at 37weeks. But gynae still yet to ask me to watch my diet haha.

@MrsRed: Thanks Mrsred! But when I lie down, there isn't much contractions. Just cramps and slight contractions, whereas standing up would have much more contractions, cramps and backache. So confused :(

@Missolive: Haha, I've no idea how do I turn from one side to another in just one move. I guess it's because my tummy isn't really big like how a 37weeks tummy should look like.
Baby's head has been down for almost 2 months, but not sure if it's low enough. Did your gynae check to see if you're dilated? My gynae doesn't.

missolive

@Qianyang haha, I have to turn very very slowly, even have to support my tummy with my hands, very pain down there.. yeah my gynae checked my dilation last week, cos in the scan seems like baby very low. But after vaginal check, she said not that low..

mrsred

Qiannyang:794585 said:
@Roudx: Just went for check up, 3kg at 37weeks. But gynae still yet to ask me to watch my diet haha.

@MrsRed: Thanks Mrsred! But when I lie down, there isn't much contractions. Just cramps and slight contractions, whereas standing up would have much more contractions, cramps and backache. So confused :(

@Missolive: Haha, I've no idea how do I turn from one side to another in just one move. I guess it's because my tummy isn't really big like how a 37weeks tummy should look like.
Baby's head has been down for almost 2 months, but not sure if it's low enough. Did your gynae check to see if you're dilated? My gynae doesn't.
Hi Qiannyang, maybe what u're feeling is pressure instead, since u mentioned that ur baby is low? My gynae says she doesnt check for dilation unless I want to induce or we suspect labour is impending (I had a false alarm). Cos sweeping (when checking for dilation) will disturb the tissues, produce oxytoxin and cause contractions which will trigger dilation. Anyway, this is my 2nd pregnancy and I'm still not sure whether I'm experiencing real contractions or just cramps/Braxton Hicks. So paiseh ,:eek:

mrsred

missolive:794603 said:
@Qianyang haha, I have to turn very very slowly, even have to support my tummy with my hands, very pain down there.. yeah my gynae checked my dilation last week, cos in the scan seems like baby very low. But after vaginal check, she said not that low..
Missolive, I know what u mean!!! I take eons to turn and sometimes when I've finally completed the turn, my elder one who co-sleeps with us will ask me to pat or hug her and I have to turn back all over again!

Now tummy is so big and low that I cant see my popped belly button (from my view) and no lying positions seem to be comfortable. How are u mummies coping with sleep? What's ur current ideal sleeping position??

Qiannyang

@Mrsred: Wow then that must be real lots of pressure that I'm having haha. Thanks for sharing your experience! You seem knowledgable :) Can't wait for our little ones to come out! ^^ For sleeping position, I can still lie in any positions feeling slightly comfortable BUT the backaches are killing me.

mrsred

No la. Not knowledgeable. I just ask my gynae a lot of questions, sometimes from the questions u mummies ask then I share what my gynae say. :D

roudx

I always lied on my side before I give birth. Now I lie flat on my bed and thinking, what a breeze.. Haha.. I used to have problem tossing from left to right, or right to left because of the stomach.

missolive

Qianyang, I am now almost 39 weeks alrdy.. counting down the dayss....

Mrsred, omg I feel you.. I'm also co sleeping with my son.. after a struggle to turn to one side, he also often woke up and ask me to turn back hahaha, too much.. for sleeping, I find side sleeping is the best.. laying on my back makes my back very uncomfortable..