EDD June 2013

Qian1984

Hi ppl, shall we hv mobile exchange so that we can chat on whatsapp or line instead? V ley chey to login here to update. Me oso 2.5kg now 38w. Gynae say as long hit 37w considered full term alrd, he oso want me to induce or even c sect if fails cos my placenta nt functioning as well cos bb growing quite slow. I'm oso trying to drag as long as I can haizz..

sgmel

Same here. Am 37weeks now but baby only weight about 2.2kg. Been trying to eat alot but my appetite still remain the same as pre pregnancy. Hope can drag until at most 39weeks. Smooth delivery for all mummies.

Qiannyang

@Missolive: Homestretch! Just a few more days for you! :) Have a smooth delivery! I'm hoping to have mine induced at 39, wishing that my gynae would nod his head. Afraid that bb would be too huge to come out and have to be csec.

Qiannyang

@sgmel: Do you eat durians? If you do, have it once or twice a week. Don't really know if it works, but I had it once or twice per week when I'm in 3rd trim. She weighs 3kg at 37weeks now. Hope your baby's weight will shoot up during this few weeks!

missolive

Qian1984, if confirm placenta not functioning well, then perhaps it's good to induce? In that case you can give baby more nutrition to grow through bf.. btw 37 weeks is also alrdy full term.. just my thought..anw, hope the best for u n baby!!

Qianyang, hehe thanks! I'm actually in dilemma. . Wish baby come out soon, but I also think baby better come out on my edd cos this week my gynae is on leave. Althought I know the replacement gynae is also good, but I'm still more comfortable with my gynae..

sgmel

I'm already at 37weeks now. Just had durain. Everybody is telling me about durains. I shall eat more and hope baby will gain more weight these few days. Anyway since 2week ago, I'm already 2-3cm dilated. Don't know what will gynae do next check up as gynae said I can deliver by next week.

mrsred

Qian1984:795328 said:
Hi ppl, shall we hv mobile exchange so that we can chat on whatsapp or line instead? V ley chey to login here to update. Me oso 2.5kg now 38w. Gynae say as long hit 37w considered full term alrd, he oso want me to induce or even c sect if fails cos my placenta nt functioning as well cos bb growing quite slow. I'm oso trying to drag as long as I can haizz..
Should we start a private Facebook group?? Then can share photos! PM me your mummysg nick and FB username if u're keen! I'm on leave liao... got time.

Gonna meet the Singapore Cord Blood Bank rep tmr to sign some papers abt donating cord blood :)

Missolive, few more days to go for us!! Hang in there!

Qiannyang

@Missolive: Baby will come out when he/ she is ready! No worries Mommy! Of cuz your current gynae would be better as you know how he/ she works but like you said, replacement is as good so just let nature do its job ^^

@Sgmel: How I wish mine would check me for dilation. Doesn't seem to worry him even with all my tightening which lasted on and off for 12 hours now.

Last edited:

Qiannyang

Just a quick question Mommies!

Have been feeling really really bad painless contractions every few minutes now, even wakes me up during my sleep. No mucus plug or any bloody discharge yet. Asked gynae if I should head to hospital and he says no.

Is this a sign that baby might come out soon? Her EDD is around 18th-22nd.

mrsred

Qiannyang:795769 said:
Just a quick question Mommies!

Have been feeling really really bad painless contractions every few minutes now, even wakes me up during my sleep. No mucus plug or any bloody discharge yet. Asked gynae if I should head to hospital and he says no.

Is this a sign that baby might come out soon? Her EDD is around 18th-22nd.
Hi Qiannyang, not sure what u mean by painless contractions. Contractions are SUPER painful! Maybe u can visit ur gynae and get him/her to hook u up to that machine that can check contractions and baby's heartbeat? My gynae said if in doubt (and at night), can go labour ward and ask to be checked, but dont submit admission documents yet. All this checking for dilation will trigger labour though!

Hope u'll feel better soon :)

Wife delivered on the 29th may instead. 1 week earlier than the estimated 4th june. Healthy weight of 3.26kg.. but ended c-sect instead cos cannot come out. Jia you june mummies

missolive

Congrats, daddybiker!!! That's a good weight.. enjoy fatherhood and take good care of ur wifey :)

Qianyang, thanks for the encouragement :) abt the contraction, I have been experiencing the same thing as you.. very uncomfortable tightness on and off throughout the day but no other sign.. and it's not that painful also, so I think it's false alarm.. do you feel pressure down there too? I started to feel lots of pressure downwards along with the tightening.. I think it's a sign of nearing labour..

Mrsred, yess one more week for us, jiayou :)

mrsred

Congrats, daddybiker!!! That's a good weight.. enjoy fatherhood and take good care of ur wifey :)

Qianyang, thanks for the encouragement :) abt the contraction, I have been experiencing the same thing as you.. very uncomfortable tightness on and off throughout the day but no other sign.. and it's not that painful also, so I think it's false alarm.. do you feel pressure down there too? I started to feel lots of pressure downwards along with the tightening.. I think it's a sign of nearing labour..

Mrsred, yess one more week for us, jiayou :)

It's like trying to hold a bowling ball between ur legs!!

And congrats Daddybiker!!

Anyone else interested in the Facebook group not? So far i've received one PM

Hi Qiannyang, not sure what u mean by painless contractions. Contractions are SUPER painful! Maybe u can visit ur gynae and get him/her to hook u up to that machine that can check contractions and baby's heartbeat? My gynae said if in doubt (and at night), can go labour ward and ask to be checked, but dont submit admission documents yet. All this checking for dilation will trigger labour though!

Hope u'll feel better soon :)
Contraction is not necessary painful. Pain is created by fear and tension hence pain called the Fear-Tension-Pain syndrome. That's why some moms can give birth without drugs others can't take it and need pain relief medication. Nothing to do with pain tolerance level.

natural childbirth

roudx

@sgmel : I have 1 post natal massage lady to intro you if u want, can pm me. I had my massage with her. And it's only $40 per session, I think quite cheap. It includes, oil massage, hot stone & binding. At the last session , she will take away her binds, u can purchase 1 from Unity. I like the lady because she's talkative. And she knows alot of things. You can ask her. And if you are having engorged breast, she can help you to massage too. :)

My stitches is okay now. And I sacked my confinement lady this morning. She's been with us for 12 days. She's totally a bitch. Sorry to use this term. But simply thinking of her makes me mad.
She doesn't listens to what I say. Example, if i ask her to cover my girl with a blanket, she ignores. I ask her don't feed finish the whole bottle, cause I pumped excess. She doesn't listen too. Ends up my girl vomit out some milk due to over fed.
Too many things to name. She feeds her tap water. Leave her naked in air con.
If you mummies are hiring a CL, don't hire a lady at age 60++ , her name is mdm sim / ah ying.

@sgmel : I have 1 post natal massage lady to intro you if u want, can pm me. I had my massage with her. And it's only $40 per session, I think quite cheap. It includes, oil massage, hot stone & binding. At the last session , she will take away her binds, u can purchase 1 from Unity. I like the lady because she's talkative. And she knows alot of things. You can ask her. And if you are having engorged breast, she can help you to massage too. :)

My stitches is okay now. And I sacked my confinement lady this morning. She's been with us for 12 days. She's totally a bitch. Sorry to use this term. But simply thinking of her makes me mad.
She doesn't listens to what I say. Example, if i ask her to cover my girl with a blanket, she ignores. I ask her don't feed finish the whole bottle, cause I pumped excess. She doesn't listen too. Ends up my girl vomit out some milk due to over fed.
Too many things to name. She feeds her tap water. Leave her naked in air con.
If you mummies are hiring a CL, don't hire a lady at age 60++ , her name is mdm sim / ah ying.
roudy, do you mind send me your post natal massage lady's contact too. Thanks!