Edd june 2014

Hi, anyone took any pig's liver? I took some last week and I just read that it is not safe to eat due to the high vitamin A..

lollipop1979:843717 said:
Hi, anyone took any pig's liver? I took some last week and I just read that it is not safe to eat due to the high vitamin A..
Ooh. I didnt know about that. Thought pig liver is good cuz help to replenish blood. I think if u never eat alot alot it should be ok. A few slices shouldn't be a big problem.

elmogoh

Yup, i read that all livers (pork liver, pate etc) are not safe for consumption during pregnancy. Dear mummies, please try to avoid it. Livers are usually cooked half raw so that it will not be hard. The bacteria found in half cooked food is harmful to the fetus. Such bacteria can result in a miscarriage for severe cases. Liver is actually consumed more during confinement as mothers lost too much blood during delivery and liver helps in that. I have just gone through a miscarriage last week and doing a mini confinement now. Been eating lots of food with ginger and liver.

I think it also has got to do with the high retinol in liver and oversupply of Vitamin A if we overeat that may cause birth defects.. Think best to avoid or take in moderation. For iron intake, green leafy veg will be more beneficial.. Problem with me now is I am instinctively avoiding green leafy veg, just cannot stomach it. This nausea is getting on my nerves...

Eeyoremum

Icic.. I this round dun like to take. But my mil say can cook w water then drink the water. But I still dun dare to take it..

Craving for lasak! Without hum.. Can eat right??

Feeling super depress.. hubby just left for work for the next 5 weeks overseas. :( I just feel so needy and dont want him to leave. Not the first time he goes overseas but this time dunno is it preggy hormone, I broke down in tears begging him to come home. :( any mummies out there feeling specially needy and clingy to hubby?

Eeyoremum

Yes.. I feel the same during my 1st preg when my hubby go reservist for 3weeks.. To Thai. How I wish He can dun go. I even wish I was due at the period so they can excuse him.

Bear w it ok. Very fast over de. As long as heis there during ur labour. Tried to keep urself occupied. Ask ur Fren or mum to accompany u. I went back to my maiden house when he was reservist. At least ur family is w u.

singsong

I think it also has got to do with the high retinol in liver and oversupply of Vitamin A if we overeat that may cause birth defects.. Think best to avoid or take in moderation. For iron intake, green leafy veg will be more beneficial.. Problem with me now is I am instinctively avoiding green leafy veg, just cannot stomach it. This nausea is getting on my nerves...
Me too, i having trouble with so many veggies!! Bite already dunno will nausea or not, very hit and miss. And most meats... I can eat fruits, but i dunno got fruit with iron? Anyway hope the multivitamin iron is good enough...
But at least between meal my nausea is improving... big relief...

manngooogle

pig liver

Hi all.. I read from a pregnancy book and liver can be consume but is preferred at the 3rd trimester... During 2nd trimester... the higher need is calcium.. for 3rd is iron... I guess we have to eat it all well cook even though liver is nicer if its not fully cooked...

Me too, i having trouble with so many veggies!! Bite already dunno will nausea or not, very hit and miss. And most meats... I can eat fruits, but i dunno got fruit with iron? Anyway hope the multivitamin iron is good enough...
But at least between meal my nausea is improving... big relief...
Same here... fruits are fine with me.. I also read in a book that should avoid cooling vegetables like bitter gourd, cucumber.. probably more traditional chinese theories.. not sure.. Coz I thought bitter gourd is very high in vitamins..

i cannot even swallow my folic this morning, tried and threw up.. nausea is very erratic. Got to feedback to my gynae when I see him for OSCAR this thurs. :(

Smurfete

At first I thought can bu xue ( I am anaemic in my first pregnancy) so I have eaten quite a far amount.

Gab

Hi mommy, Im taking my folic acid at nite cos i usually will vomit it out if I take in the morning...

Same here... fruits are fine with me.. I also read in a book that should avoid cooling vegetables like bitter gourd, cucumber.. probably more traditional chinese theories.. not sure.. Coz I thought bitter gourd is very high in vitamins..

i cannot even swallow my folic this morning, tried and threw up.. nausea is very erratic. Got to feedback to my gynae when I see him for OSCAR this thurs. :(

How many of the mummies here know their baby gender already? Saw my gynae last Sat @ week 12. Its a boy again
Can tell gender at week 12? That's quite fast! I think my gynae will not tell me even if he knows.. I am seeing him at Week 11 and 1 day this thurs.

I also probably know gender in Jan..then it's perfect timing coz all the relatives sure to ask during CNY. Whether boy or girl, I think as long as is a healthy baby, that's a blessing.

Anyone having some crampy feeling in your tummy? I woke up with a mild cramp at the left side of my tummy and I wonder why so..

manngooogle

When I went for Oscar.. the sono grapher says she spot something between tge legs so she thik it may be a boy... my oscar result is out ahd it says 1:4368... was told this is low risk... ;)