Edd june 2014

singsong

I dunno, but the doctor can tell you if the baby is engaged or not. Mine has been poking me in the pelvic area although not engaged, getting little spasm of pain down there from time to time...

Suimitao

My baby was 1.9kg when 31 weeks, doc say consider big but my tummy is very small.. I think is not accurate.
I'm having Braxton hicks contraction quite often. Anyone knows if this is sign that baby will be out early?

lollipop

during my time.. during the last month.. i could barely walk without pain in the pelvic area.. and I couldnt wear my shorts or even panties without breathing in hard because it was so sore and pain.. and during my last check up.. the senior nurse did a membrane sweep for me and say baby head is just at the cervix already but she does a sweep to make a lil separation to trigger the labour..

Suimitao

i had braxton thru my late 2nd trimester till the end and pretty frequent at the end but i think it could be just uterus practising and preparing.. my baby almost came on time or late if not for the membrane sweep a week before EDD..

I went for my gynae check yesterday at 35 weeks. Baby weighs 2.63kgs.. set to reach a birth weight of 3.5-3.6kgs at EDD.. I guess it's going to be a challenge for VBAC, so I might as well just opt for C-sec at ard 38 weeks. Save the hassle..

Sokeai

Hello all,

Can I please join the FB grp too, thanks :) Muix@xibo.org

Edd 24th June but csec on 13th June at TMC. Bb is apparently on the big side 2.5kg as of Monday accordingly to gyne..hmm?

My gynae is TC Chang..First one can get quite scary.. My first got stuck at 9cm dilation and I had fever.. Ended up having to emergency c-sec. This time, although my gynae still keeping option open coz my gal looks set to be of the same birth weight, I am quite resolved to c-sec, save the time, the long duration of pain and the hospital bill! No worries, you will be fine. It takes less than 30mins and your baby will be in your arms. Just take care on the recovery and you will up and about in no time! :)

My gynae is TC Chang..First one can get quite scary.. My first got stuck at 9cm dilation and I had fever.. Ended up having to emergency c-sec. This time, although my gynae still keeping option open coz my gal looks set to be of the same birth weight, I am quite resolved to c-sec, save the time, the long duration of pain and the hospital bill! No worries, you will be fine. It takes less than 30mins and your baby will be in your arms. Just take care on the recovery and you will up and about in no time! :)
Lollipop
C sect recovery is ok?? I freak out at the thought of pain post surgery!!
N the recen news on 2010 got mummy kenna cut open for csect when she can still feel pain...
Can share abt the csect?? My first was natural... almost e csect but didnt..

An experienced gynae is very impt for c-sec. For my case, guess its emergency so everything happened so fast that I couldnt quite react to it. The procedure is very fast, including the stitching back. I could get out of bed the next day and walk slowly and can breastfeed immediately. To get up of bed, need to roll on the side and get up so that the wound is not pulled.. And the pain management is also impt, I don't need pain killers by the third day. Taking care of the wound hygiene and refrain too big movements and recovery is fairly managable.. I am up and about within the third day. I guess whichever birth method will also require post recovery care. For c-sec, at least I can see the wound and manage it. For natural with espitosomy, I also cannot imagine the pain..

Clare Derrin

Hi Sokeai, my edd on 26th June but csec on 12th Jun @ Thomson Medical Center too. My little angel as at 16 June is 2.6kg.
Which gyne u with ? I'm with Dr Beh. Hope we can be ward neighbour ya.

lollipop

yah i have a fren who also mention abt her wound being easier to care for since can be seen and care for easily compared to down there..
wow.. 3rd day can move around.. cool.. i think haha i was whole body ache for a long while..with a bad tailbone injury too.. haha
I was asked to consider for C sect before it may become emergency as my bb gal was facing right instead of down.. and they say may get stuck.. i was reluctant but still signed.. but later try one more round of pushing and bb born natural.. but think bad tear.. coz after that damn swollen...

lollipop

yah i have a friend who also mention about her wound being easier to care for since can be seen and care for easily compared to down there..
wow.. 3rd day can move around.. cool.. i think haha i was whole body ache for a long while..with a bad tailbone injury too.. haha
I was asked to consider for C sect before it may become emergency as my baby gal was facing right instead of down.. and they say may get stuck.. i was reluctant but still signed.. but later try one more round of pushing and baby born natural.. but think bad tear.. coz after that damn swollen...
Yup, that's why I feel that whichever birth method also has its pros and cons. An emergency C-sec is going to double the hospital bill.. 3 years back, I paid slightly over $10k.. recently, my friend who went through the same thing paid over $14k.. the prices have gone up so much that it may just not worth the pain and torture and cost to try for natural when I may end up with emergency c-sec...

Sokeai

Hi Sokeai, my edd on 26th June but csec on 12th Jun @ Thomson Medical Center too. My little angel as at 16 June is 2.6kg.
Which gyne u with ? I'm with Dr Beh. Hope we can be ward neighbour ya.
Hihi Clare, that's great to know! I'm with Dr Ben Tham, chose 4 bedder hopefully can get upgrade :p how bt u?

Clare Derrin

Hi Sokeai, me too in 4 bedded and hope can get free upgrade and we bcome next to each other, kekekek !!!
My next appoint on 30th June 9am, hw abt u ?

I am just curious.. for mummies who are opting for c-sec.. are the dates given by your gynae or you chose them? Many people are telling me that should let nature take its course and when the baby wants to debut, she will come out on her own. But it is such a torturing period, can't sleep well, Braxton hicks that hurts, heavy to move around yet still trying to hang in there and go to office.. I wish for 3 more weeks to pass quickly and choose to C-sec at 38 weeks to get it over and done with.

Sokeai

Hi Claire, mines on 2nd June 8.30am, not sure after this do we still need to see the gyne cause it seems like just 1 week from delivery? Didn't get a chance to ask gyne. Yea, finger crossed we're next to each other hehe :p

Hi Lollipop, gyne gave us any day from 10th onwards. We chose 13th over the weekend so hubby don't have to take so many offs. Get what you mean..I'm already waking up with aching joints esp toes & fingers, can't walk properly it's like sharp pricking pain up my hip/spine. So I guess it's pretty much up to individual?

matrixyuki

confinement lady with sgd 300 discount
hi all mummy,
I am giving up my confinement lady because my mother-in-law will be helping me instead. My EDD is in june 2014. if interested pm me. Thanks.​

Hello mummies, keeping the thread alive... anyone pop already? especially those due in early part of June? This waiting game is really a torture. My baby is so low on the pelvis that it is really uncomfortable everyday. Counting down to next week's gynae visit to get the verdict on when can I deliver.