Edd june 2014

elmogoh:837240 said:
Hi there,
Anyone has done any scannings so far? I'm currently in Week6 and my gestation sac didn't grow much from week 5 to 6 :-(
Anyone has similar issues but still proven that the pregnancy is normal after the next scan? My doctor is monitoring my
HCG level closely and going back to see her on next Monday. Really prayed that it will
start growing again and everything back to normal. Can only listen to heartbeat when gestation sac is about 20mm.
Hi elmogoh, dont worry so much. As long as you dont bleed, I think there is a very high chance that this pregnancy is normal. 1 week during the early stage maybe cant see alot of difference becuz baby still like an embryo very small. Jia you and think positive.

Smurfete

Any mummies going for oscar scan?? I am scheduled for 19 nov and I think need to take blood also which scares me. Very scared of needles :(
My experience with #1 is 3 tubes of blood. Damned painful. Better look away and hold onto your hubby hands. But then, its overseas. not sure about in SG.

Hello everyone!

My EDD is 25 June 2014. This is my second child. I had my first ultra-sound yesterday at 6W5D and it's amazing to go through this again. :)
Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoy/endure this special (and tiring!) pregnancy weeks ahead.

Anyone has any particular cravings? My morning sickness started as early as Week 5 and unlike my first pregnancy where the nausea only start in the evenings, this one can happens anytime and anywhere! I crave for sour stuff like sour plums, kimchi, strawberries and some other strangest food like fried chicken and Mcdonalds which I rarely take when I am not pregnant..

Hope to hear everyone!

Happy Tuesday!

elmogoh

Hi elmogoh, dont worry so much. As long as you dont bleed, I think there is a very high chance that this pregnancy is normal. 1 week during the early stage maybe cant see alot of difference becuz baby still like an embryo very small. Jia you and think positive.

Hi Christy,
Thank you for your encouragement. Went back to my gynae on Monday and after scannings and 2blood samples, she has confirmed that the pregnancy will not be able to proceed.
i have 3options now. To wait for bleeding to come naturally, insert med so that bleeding will come or just go for a D&C.
Was extremely sad as this is my first pregnancy but after a good cry, I have learnt to accept the truth. Now I am just preparing myself for the bleeding and the things I need for my confinement. Hope to build up my body so that I can try again soon.

singsong

Hello everyone!

My EDD is 25 June 2014. This is my second child. I had my first ultra-sound yesterday at 6W5D and it's amazing to go through this again. :)
Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoy/endure this special (and tiring!) pregnancy weeks ahead.

Anyone has any particular cravings? My morning sickness started as early as Week 5 and unlike my first pregnancy where the nausea only start in the evenings, this one can happens anytime and anywhere! I crave for sour stuff like sour plums, kimchi, strawberries and some other strangest food like fried chicken and Mcdonalds which I rarely take when I am not pregnant..

Hope to hear everyone!

Happy Tuesday!
I am having food aversion, very scared of minced meat now and fish that is too smelly. Some veg I also have problem taking, esp if its too hard to chew. Not really craving anything, but the sour plum does help to manage the nausea.

PuTRi

Hello all!
I just gave birth this yr March & i just tested positive again! I hvnt gone to gynea yet cause waiting for hubbie OFF day.
This is my 2nd pregnancy. MS not as bad as 1st. My boy is only 7th mth nw. Such a close gap. He shld b abt 1yr2mth wen 2# comes.
Had my 1st in KKH. Not so good xperience. I was bed ridden at most of my end pregnancy due to sciatic pains which causes sharp unbearable pain wen i try to stand/walk! I gain 25kg so my legs esp my knees are in trouble. Had gestional diebetis too at end stage preg.
Now i decide to go for pvt doc near my hm got women's clinic link to thompson hosp. Im thinking of wanna try hv the water birth @ nuh depends if i can afford. I didnt take epi n go all natural for my 1st as i prefer not to get the side effect at the later stage of my life.
Hope we ladies here can help one another out as i hv experience wt my 1st in march 2013 forum. :)

BbVeron

sorry to hear your lost... must take care
did you try to seek for 2nd opinion?
may give it a try...

2 weeks ago, i went for 1st scan... it was 5w++... only can see the gestation sac...
so went back to see doc ytd...
able to see york sac but can't see heartbeat yet... based on the size... it's only 6w++ now..
schedule a review @ 2 weeks later... to see if the baby does grow or can see the heartbeat...
pray hard...

was thinking to change gynae to KKH... as my #1 prenatal checkup from KKH... used to the environment...
my current gynae can ops for delivery at Mt A... cz heard alot of good review from mummies, therefore i choose Mt A.
but not tat confidence to my gynae and having a unpleasant experience with his clinic asst... go there twice.. key wrongly my surname/nationality, only email scan pic to me instead of hard copy, and i need to ask only i knew ><
any advised?

elmogoh

sorry to hear your lost... must take care
did you try to seek for 2nd opinion?
may give it a try...

2 weeks ago, i went for 1st scan... it was 5w++... only can see the gestation sac...
so went back to see doc ytd...
able to see york sac but can't see heartbeat yet... based on the size... it's only 6w++ now..
schedule a review @ 2 weeks later... to see if the baby does grow or can see the heartbeat...
pray hard...

was thinking to change gynae to KKH... as my #1 prenatal checkup from KKH... used to the environment...
my current gynae can ops for delivery at Mt A... cz heard alot of good review from mummies, therefore i choose Mt A.
but not tat confidence to my gynae and having a unpleasant experience with his clinic asst... go there twice.. key wrongly my surname/nationality, only email scan pic to me instead of hard copy, and i need to ask only i knew ><
any advised?

Hi there,
I'm seeing Dr. Irene Chua from Gleneagles. Though she's from GE, you can opt for her to deliver at various hospitals. You can choose TMC, Gleneagles, Mt Elizabeth and Mt A.
Dr. Irene is very good. Always will give hardcopy when she does scanning. You don't have to ask her for it. Even my hubby thinks she is good and she always explains things very clearly. All her assistants are very nice and friendly as well. I would definitely recommend her. All the best in your pregnancy :)

elmogoh

Thanks dear...
how's the cost fr Dr Irene Chua? usual consultation fees?
Her charges are reasonable. Consultation fees is $120 and scanning is $90 for first visit. Subsequent consultation is $90 and $60 for scanning.
She has maternity package but only applicable from 5months onwards.
Hope the info helps.

yvonnensn

Hi Christy,
Thank you for your encouragement. Went back to my gynae on Monday and after scannings and 2blood samples, she has confirmed that the pregnancy will not be able to proceed.
i have 3options now. To wait for bleeding to come naturally, insert med so that bleeding will come or just go for a D&C.
Was extremely sad as this is my first pregnancy but after a good cry, I have learnt to accept the truth. Now I am just preparing myself for the bleeding and the things I need for my confinement. Hope to build up my body so that I can try again soon.
Hi elmogoh, don't be disheartened and I'm sure things will be better. Have you tot of seeking a second opinion? Take care and all the best.:eek:

yvonnensn

Hi all, anyone doing amnio test?I just wanna share I'm above 35 and have decided to take a blood test equivalent to amnio. It is a blood test but not the oscar test tho. The blood sample will be sent to California once it's drawn from the mother's body. The reason I'm opting for this is because

1. it can be done one month earlier than amnio
2. no risk of miscarriage
3. accuracy is about if not same as amnio at 99% or higher
4. hear after amnio test u need to rest two day to make sure baby is well. this test doesn't poke the belly so doesn't "disturb" the baby :p

All the best to you mommies and let us look forward to our little baby horse :D

Elmogoh, you got try go ask second opinion? Maybe you can try try ask a second opinion maybe there might be a miracle? Stay strong!

singsong

Antacid helps reduce the churning and the amount of acid in my gastric and stomach which in turn helps me to feel better, not so bloated and less vomitting becuz of the reduction in discomfort. If you keep having to burp, sometimes by accident it becomes like a vomit feeling so antacid is the way to go for me. And alot of website has mentioned that antacid is safe for use in first trimester, but best is get from doctor instead of those off the shelves. I am taking veragel from my gp and its working well.
Finally saw GP and got veragel too. Is it supposed to be swallowed? The surface tastes quite nice haha..

Smurfete

Just seen my gynae. She found a cyst on the right side. She assures me that its ok if it doesn't grow but I am really worried.

Smurfete

our trend seems relatively quiet compared to the May 2014 mummies.... How is everyone getting on? My MS seems to have worsen in the last week. Feels like vomiting when I smell the food and even fruit juice. I end up don't dare to eat, coz vomit feeling is terrible. whole day never eat, feeling cold under the air-conditioner, so forced myself to eat a bit of porriage by putting more salt to drown the taste, the coldness went away after food