EDD Mar 2014

tpy

i went for my normal scan too today.. edd pushed back to 19 Mar and now is week 11 liao...bb v cute dancing throughout the scan with legs kicking and arms moving...

jadeite

tpy, I'm at week 10, EDD changed again to 26 Mar from 27 Mar so not much change la... anyway my dad's birthday is 27 Mar so he will have to share with bb... heh. my baby was also moving during the scan. felt v happy :)

jo1402

tpy, I'm at week 10, EDD changed again to 26 Mar from 27 Mar so not much change la... anyway my dad's birthday is 27 Mar so he will have to share with bb... heh. my baby was also moving during the scan. felt v happy :)
Oh, can see the baby moving during normal scan? I find that the technician scans very fast each time. I'm gg for the Down Syndrome detailed scan in early Sept, what would I be seeing for this scan besides the Dr taking measurements?

jadeite

Jo, if I'm not wrong the first trimester scan will measure the size of the space in the back of the baby's neck... has to be done in first trimester while the baby's skin is still transparent. the bigger the size, the more likely the baby has Down's I think. also they will check for the presence of a nasal bone - no nasal bone indicates high chance of DS. but remember it's not 100%... just high risk. so if the baby measures on the higher risk side, they may ask you to go for amnio (insert needle into the belly to remove amniotic fluid) or CVS test (remove chorionic villi to test). both are more invasive and have a slight risk of miscarriage.

dear mummies, bought an ASOS dress - New look maternity longline tunic in black size 8 as shown. a little snug for me. selling it at $15, brand new, only worn to try.

i'm 1.55m 54kg. any pint sized mum interested pls pm me! thanks!

New look maternity longline tunc.jpg

chocolicious

Hi all !!! ~~ new to tis forum ..expecting my 1st on 23march. Bt ate too much durian last week tt bb grew too much to edd 20march :p
First x mummy..super nervous coz jus had 2 mc in a row last yr...fingers crossed coz bb seems v healthy tis x n me having bad bouts of MS everyday @.@

chocolicious

Dun worry..high chances bb is healthy n normal.
I read up on tis test. Apparently theres alot of false positive results.personally knw 2. N my gynae oso cfrm it. :))

jo1402

Jo, if I'm not wrong the first trimester scan will measure the size of the space in the back of the baby's neck... has to be done in first trimester while the baby's skin is still transparent. the bigger the size, the more likely the baby has Down's I think. also they will check for the presence of a nasal bone - no nasal bone indicates high chance of DS. but remember it's not 100%... just high risk. so if the baby measures on the higher risk side, they may ask you to go for amnio (insert needle into the belly to remove amniotic fluid) or CVS test (remove chorionic villi to test). both are more invasive and have a slight risk of miscarriage.
Hi Jadeite, I hope my test would be ok cos kind of scared of the amino test =) But age is not on my side, cos already 33 this year.

jadeite, what do you mean by no nasal bone indicates high chance of dear son? i thought no nasal bone means higher chance of downs syndrome?

jadeite

hahha yellow I didn't even see that... cuz I typed D S short form for down syndrome but I think the forum auto changed it to dear son. lol!!!

honeygirl

Dear mummy to be ,
i also anxious about the first trimester scan as now i am
12 weeks plus that i going to do FTS today at 2 pm . Hope everything is fine
! To me as long as baby is healthy ok Liao . Usually
does the sonagrapher will give extra pic as I asked
for it in 6 weeks and 9 weeks when do ultrasound scan?
And can we request the report frm dr when they
review the result to us? Usually is it at week 16 onward then
can know baby 's gender ??? Hope everything went
well during pregnancy and so do all of mummy !

honeygirl

Hi ! Jelly bean,
i am also first time and my EDD is about the same as yours !
So coincidence ! As my first scan at 6 weeks
Show 13/3/14 , sec time scan shown 11/3/14 at 9 weeks.
Yesterday did my FTS shown 10/3/14 :D hee hee
so far, everything went well

jadeite

My gynae delivers at both Mt A and TMC... Any second time mummies have opinions on which one is better? Seems like both are about the same. Has anyone gone for the hospital maternity tours yet?

anyway most of us going into second trimester already.. Or reaching. Jiayou!! Those with MS, it's soon to be over!

honeygirl

Yeah! Really looking forward to 2nd trimester !
But sometime , when I am hungry and craving
for food. My reaction is cough induced vomit but
just the action , never really vomit out. That
feeling is horrible :( hope it will over and my
Body is so tired.