EDD Mar 2014

tpy

wow Jo stroller is 1st hand? for me i have the shop to deliver to my house in mar 14..no space to put now hahah

Jadeite, i think the rest of the kicks are too small for us to feel unless u keep putting your hand on your tummy which i did. I experienced two huge punch or kick on Sat and last night that my lower body was being shaken by it as it was kind of sudden.

Can see my bump though is my 1st baby..still small and today my 1st time that ppl giving up seat on train for me lol..Past few months no one offered their seat to me and there was one day an uncle with walking stick plus two pregnant ladies standing in front of me hinting me to give up my seats.

Last edited:

jo1402

Jo, stroller looks v nice! mine is also red... hehe. I like the color.

I can feel my own heartbeat in my tummy too... maybe it's cuz there are more arteries pumping blood in that area so can feel it there...? ever since I felt the first two kicks on Saturday, never felt anymore... how often does baby kick when it starts kicking? or maybe the other kicks are still too small that I can't feel them.

likely won't be doing the 4D scan... quite expensive I think, and anyway baby will be delivered soon and you can see real thing :)
Heehee... yeah, first time I chose red over blue =p cos the blue version will look 'old' when time goes by (the blue is not those stronger shades of blue). My fav color is blue though. I only felt my tummy muscles was pinched/pulled from inside on the left side of my tummy last Sat. Went on and off abt 4 times that afternoon while we were shopping in Takashimaya S.C. First pull was at the baby section - looking at Ergobaby carrier (a hint my junior likes the brand? LOL). Cos nvr felt this feeling b4 and wondered if it's the baby. Asked my mum cos was with her and she said should be. So really first 'punch' or 'pinch'? Dunno leh, next Dr visit is on 8 Nov lor... but these 2 days no more this feeling.

Dunno how much does 4D scan cost but I've seen the picture from my fren's scan. Looks a bit weird =p But the baby actually looks prettier in real person than in the scan.

jo1402

wow Jo stroller is 1st hand? for me i have the shop to deliver to my house in mar 14..no space to put now hahah

Jadeite, i think the rest of the kicks are too small for us to feel unless u keep putting your hand on your tummy which i did. I experienced two huge punch or kick on Sat and last night that my lower body was being shaken by it as it was kind of sudden.

Can see my bump though is my 1st baby..still small and today my 1st time that ppl giving up seat on train for me lol..Past few months no one offered their seat to me and there was one day an uncle with walking stick plus two pregnant ladies standing in front of me hinting me to give up my seats.
Yup, first hand =) Cos hubby wants certain things bought based on our preference. Heard some frens had 2nd hand fr relatives and frens and ended up not suitable and paiseh dunno to use or throw or wat. Hubby's cousin had twins previously and now carrying the 3rd baby so said will give us one of her baby carriers and some old clothes. But he's still tempted to buy new carrier. - told him just save $ lor, anyway dun think will use carrier once the baby gets too heavy when time goes by. My place also quite small so we just keep the baby stuff in one corner in one of the rooms. I haven't got the cot yet cos it's gg to be the item that will take up the most space.

I worse lor, no one give up seat to me on the train. Only 1 man gave up his seat on a bus ride home - I was wearing a dress so maybe more obvious? I had to give up my seat to an auntie once when my bum just touched the seat -_-

tpy

Jo, yes wear dress more obvious wear those with chiffon material is even more obvious. oh why u gave up your seat to an auntie? shd continue to sit hehe

Actually for baby stroller my MIL neighbour gave her liao but that will be used on weekdays when she needs to bring the bb to mkt. We bought one lightweight and easy to fold type for weekend use.

Taboo

Every morning jam pack in train. Rarely ppl give up there seats. Most of the time I stand all the way from Yew Tee to Lavender. . Super sigh...

jo1402

Jo, yes wear dress more obvious wear those with chiffon material is even more obvious. oh why u gave up your seat to an auntie? shd continue to sit hehe

Actually for baby stroller my MIL neighbour gave her liao but that will be used on weekdays when she needs to bring the bb to mkt. We bought one lightweight and easy to fold type for weekend use.
haha... I wear chiffon or fitting t-shirt also no use leh. Some are just 'blind' or keep heads down. My hubby worries that lightweight might not be stable enuf. This Combi stroller is abt 5.5-5.7kg.

tpy

haha... I wear chiffon or fitting t-shirt also no use . Some are just 'blind' or keep heads down. My hubby worries that lightweight might not be stable enuf. This Combi stroller is about 5.5-5.7kg.
sometimes i feel like asking ppl to let me sit as sometimes my leg will pain from all the overnight cramps but sad to say that commuters are not considerate and i might get scolding like what was reported in the news a guy was asking PRC lady to let her seat to elderly unstable uncle yet kena scolded by her and being mocked by other PRCs in the cabin.
oh mine stroller is abt 4.5 to 5kg ba.

jadeite

I will be using a cot.. and will buy two, one for our house one for my mother's place... since she will help to babysit half of the week. most probably getting a simple one from Ikea. USA Consumer Report listed the Leksvik cot as the second best cot on the market so feel more relieved that it is reliable. May get a separate playpen for bb to play in the living room next time when she is bigger and can move around, but will decide next time... now, wanna keep the clutter to a minimum, the baby stuff are already all piling up like a mini mountain in my bedroom.. ha ha

Last edited:

lltan

Mummies, will u all be using a baby cot or a playpen???
We are buying playpen that comes with the daybed and changing bed...at least the playpen can fold and keep if not in use. Cot if dismantle..next time dun know can fix back or not..lol.

jo1402

We are buying playpen that comes with the daybed and changing bed...at least the playpen can fold and keep if not in use. Cot if dismantle..next time dun know can fix back or not..lol.
Playpen looks rather low between rail to the mattress....is it safe when the baby can stand up?

rachie82

Playpen looks rather low between rail to the mattress....is it safe when the baby can stand up?
I only worry the weight threshold, and will the playpen topple cos look very lightweight. I might buy those 3 in 1 cot where height and length can be adjust when bb grows bigger

LH779

mine is a boy. was very obvious when i did the scan during my previous visit.
i'm already in my 18 weeks, still didn't feel any movement inside or I just dun know how to differentiate between uncomfortable feeling or movement from BB.

I dun think i'll get a cot, cause majority of the new parents I spoke with say the cot not too useful.
one of them say it's easier if BB sleep beside you so when he/she need to be fed especially if you BF, you don't need to pick BB out from cot to feed, just bring BB to your breast.
another say by the them her BB is 1.5 years the cot already feel very cramp. even though the cot say can sleep till 5 yrs old. but i guess cos they will toss and turn so it will be too small for them already.

jo1402

I only worry the weight threshold, and will the playpen topple cos look very lightweight. I might buy those 3 in 1 cot where height and length can be adjust when bb grows bigger
Yup, same here.. I'm looking at those type of cots too. And with wheels... easier to move around

jadeite

hmm most of my friends' kids sleep in the cot until quite old... I plan to keep the cot near my bed for the first 2 months, after that shift baby to her own room. it's definitely easier cuz don't have to walk so far in the middle of the night haha

my friend says her super active niece still sleeps in Ikea cot at 3 years old... so shld be ok ba. anywhere else to get good affordable cots under $300?

Last edited:

Taboo

I didn't get any cot, was passed down from my hubby's frd. BB never sleep in there, I co-sleep as I'm exclusive BF with my no 1. The cot is more like a nappy changing place. hehe

jadeite

for the ikea cot, can remove one side, some people wedge the cot between bed and wall with one side removed so that it's like a co-sleeper cot, can co-sleep with baby without putting baby on the bed. sounds like a good idea!

tpy

the ikea cot can the base of the mattress height be adjustable? we went to see but find that they are very low for us n will have to bend our back when we carry or put back the baby.

jadeite

Ya it is quite low... Anyone seen the mothercare ayr cot bed? Is it better? It looks bigger than ikea one. Or anyone has been to the kaki bukit warehouse? Do they have cots?