EDD Mar 2014

jadeite

Hello I've also delivered 12 march... Also emergency, bb wanted to choose her own birthday haha. Only problem is that MAH is so severely bed crunched tt I am in 4 bedder ward instead of single as requested. It's not too bad just that it's v noisy especially since I am nearest the door.. Every time they come in with something at night I jolt awake cuz I think it's my bb. Four diff babies crying thru the night is no joke...

Anyway bb and I are doing well, coping with bf and it's slowly getting a bit better. Hope tt my milk will come in soon.

Taboo

Congrats both:) Jade u mean you opt for single bedder and you are at 4 bedder now? Will they move you to single if there is?

Eleanor

Thanks both=)
Congrats too jadeite! How r u coping with ur wound? I think csect isnt as bad as i thought..just the first 2 days was quite bad..n standing up to walk was a challenge initially.
Im on BF too..and its really tiring..hardly have time to rest

zhumei

Congrats eleanor and jade!!

BF-ing is a journey... so endure for the sake of our babies.

meanwhile, i sun bathe only 5 to 10 min during 7am to 9am.. not 2 hours sun bathing la..

haha..

guinness stout is by my mil.. i dunno if it's effective for jaundice but since her jaundice went down.. no harm trying

jadeite

Hihi, just discharged today. Got the 4 bedder ward because not enough single and doubles available. It's really noisy in there... They only managed to shift me to a single deluxe room on my last night, which was so much better - got more rest. Oh well at least I managed to save some money. Heh. The MAH staff are really nice and warm and friendly, even the cleaning aunties and the food staff. Glad I picked MAH.

Ya c sect not as bad as I thought too but my stitches are pulling a bit now...at least I can pee and poo without worrying too much haha. Bf has been quite okay for me. Baby latched easily by day 3 after first two days of stress and nipple shields... My milk came in today too so it's been quite smooth going phew!

I was supposed to do elective c sect on 18 mar but baby decided to pick her own birthday and I went Into pre labor on tues. Dilated 1cm and having irregular contractions so sent home to wait. Wed my contractions got worse so the gynae said might as well deliver. Haha

Last edited:

Taboo

Went gynea chk up on 38 wks 4 days on fri, already 2cm dilated. BB weigh 3.44kg... Gynea suggests induce as BB is on the bigger side. Induce date is confirmed on 19 Mar. Hope and pray that BB will be out before the induce date...

jo1402

Hello I've also delivered 12 march... Also emergency, bb wanted to choose her own birthday haha. Only problem is that MAH is so severely bed crunched tt I am in 4 bedder ward instead of single as requested. It's not too bad just that it's v noisy especially since I am nearest the door.. Every time they come in with something at night I jolt awake cuz I think it's my bb. Four diff babies crying thru the night is no joke...

Anyway bb and I are doing well, coping with bf and it's slowly getting a bit better. Hope tt my milk will come in soon.
congrats Jadite! I'm still doing the waiting game n starting my HL tomolo :) getting worse Braxton hicks though :( middle of last nite in bad pain

Eleanor

My csect was scheduled on 12 march but 9 march morning i had bloody discharge..then i went to labour ward. Doc checked cervix was softened..but no contractions..however baby heartbeat was dropping so she said better csect now..i was so not prepared..:eek: but thankfully everything is over now..and im healing well too..seeing the little one, everything was worth it :eek:
Layla0401:861753 said:
Congrats Jadeite and Eleanor! Hope you are both recovering well, and that the bubs are doing great. How come emergency C-section?

Arnavkyra

Hi, I delivered my baby via C sec too on 28 Feb. I was having contractions for 4 days before I finally gave in and went to hospital. All because I wanted baby to be born on 28th :) The only sad part is I badly wanted normal delivery without epidural. I went for Pilates and yoga classes regularly since 4th month and also I travelled and walked a lot. I really thought I was going to have a smooth delivery as my pregnancy was really smooth. But after 12 hrs of labour, and lardy being dilated to 7 cm, my baby had still not moved down. She was head down but she was still sitting high. Doc gave me eli to relax my muscles so my pelvis can open up but sadly it didn't and doc encouraged me to go for C sect as baby's head was swelling from the pressure of trying to squeeze through my narrow pelvis. Hubby and I of course hearing that immediately agreed.
Anyways C sect is definitely not as bad as I imagined. But Im just worried about recovery of the inner wound. Oh well. Hope all goes well. Whatever the delivery mode was, it was all worth it when I heard my baby's cry and saw her! :) To the rest of the mummies to be who have yet to deliver, All the best and have a smooth delivery! :)

watudoin

Congrats to all mummies who have delivered! :) hope to see my baby soon too.
I am already close to edd 18 march, with no signs of labor yet :(
Went to see gynae on saturday 15 march, what bothers me is she didnt check any dilation or cervix... scan n measure baby is 3.2kg and since i have no contractions, she asked me to wait another week... i am confused, should she check dilation or cervix or any possibility for induction? Rather than just asking me to wait... I have been seeing her every week, but nothing much really... I quite regret choosing my gynae :( plus she dun hv package, seeing her every week is costly.. :( really hope my baby guai guai come out before next week.

Last edited:

Layla0401

Arnavkyra, thanks for sharing your story. It really shows that anything can happen despite our best preparations. Glad that your baby is well, hope you heal well. :)

Watudoin, you can do it! I read that dilation is not an absolute indication of when labour will start. I asked my gynae not to check cervix these past few weeks, preferring to wait til contractions come and she said okay. My gynae initially said she will wait til 1st April before induce (my EDD is 22 Mar) so maybe it's standard practice/ safe since baby is still doing well inside? That said, I suspect I will not make it to EDD even though I have no contractions yet haha. Yah agreed, I think really worth it to have package with gynae.

watudoin

Hi mummies, i have delivered my baby girl on 17 march via natural wo epidural.. (Too late to opt for epidural, alrdy dilated 6cm when i cannot tahan the pain). Now still struggling with breastfeeding, alrdy 4th day but no milk yet.. Jia you all! :)

jo1402

Congrats Watudion! Sadly I din pop yet so I'm gg in for inducement tomolo morning ... Will try to sleep tonite cos I gt to report at 5.45am tomolo at KKH -__- feeling nervous

jo1402

Hi all, I have delivered ytd to my baby girl :) at almost 10pm. Inducement started at 7am. Pain was really bad esp at my back. So took a pain relief jab n aft dr burst my bag at 4cm dilation, I took epidural :) she's 2.855 kg n 49cm long :)