EDD Mar 2014

Reagan

oh jadeite.. thanks... I tout only hub allow. so the kid also can room wit me.. but I guess difficult ltr he dont like this n that. you mention if we upgrade half way, they still charge 1 bedded rate? like this lugi isn't it.. hmmm...

I agree that Mt A nurse are more friendly and warm. Thomson Medical Center nurse quite rude as I remb when I have my #1, they r rough in handling me be4 and after birth.

Mt A menu for food also more variety as compared to Thomson Medical Center. Thomson Medical Center is known for the papaya fish soup which taste not bad but abit cold when deliver to your bed.

So no now they dont provide hospital wear at all? only deliver wear then after which the next day, we need to change to our clothes?

Do you have any idea which brand of diapers and FM they provide? just in case, our breast milk supply have not come in.

jadeite

Reagan, the way the lady explain is like this... If you request single, and they have no more single rooms available, they may put you in a double room first. Maybe day 2, they will move you to single room if someone goes home. So that way will charge pro rated since it's their fault no rooms.

But if you opt for double room, and you decide the 2nd day that your neighbor is noisy and you request upgrade to single, they will charge you single price all the way because you asked for the change. Lugi la, but can understand... Maybe you can be lucky and get a double room with no room mate.

Diapers I think they give Huggies since that is the sponsored brand they gave in the tour gift pack. For formula, they have almost all brands on the market and you can choose. If you don't know what brand to choose, they will suggest the "milk of the month" meaning whatever brand is most popular that month. Haha! TMC gives Mamy Poko diapers.

Anyway, my mum who has helped all my aunties bf their kids, told me that babies in the first few days don't need much milk. Stomachs are still v small. Don't be worried if milk has not come in cuz you will still have colostrum which is first milk, v good for newborns. You must suckle baby to get the flow started. Did you bf your first one? Btw, now MOH is trying to get all mummies to bf, so every bottle of formula is $1.

Last edited:

tpy

My guy friend was telling me that as he stayed with his wife at Mt A, the meals provided to him were also yummy!!!! I was still telling my hubby that i am not sure if Mt A food would be nice or not then he was like...ah yoo i am so "Tang Chi".
His guy friend's girlfriend who has just given birth at Mt A has left over more than 40 pcs of huggies diapers provided by Mt A. He gave them to us so i guess we dont have to buy NB diapers for baby liao since when i deliver i will also have such diapers.

Reagan

thanks for the explanation jadeite.

TMC provide mama poko! last time was huggies too. anyway all this haf been charge to our bills.

I did bf my son for some time but due to low supply, we supplement with FM. sigh.. this time need to bring the breast pump to hospital in that case.

jadeite, you 2nd time mummies too?

jadeite

First time mummy but have quite a lot of experience with caring for babies...but first time is quite exciting for myself!

Reagan, Mt A rents out Medela breast pump at $20 for your whole hospital stay. They advise you to use theirs cuz if you bring your own, they will not help you sterilize or provide bottles for your milk.

LH779

BTW anyone tot of going to lactation classes? so that they can teach you the correct way/methods to BF, how to get hubby to help to get BB to latch on? is it really useful? I do know hospital have lactation consultants and nurse to help. but then if you BB want to eat means want to eat cannot wait for nurse/consultant to come. so if you know how it would be beneficial right.

I really hope can BF my BB for as long as possible. not only thinking of the health benefits and money saved. but it just seems nice to be able to provide everything (e.g. comfort, protection, food etc...) for your own BB.

jadeite

Me too LH.. wanna bf for as long as possible... really inspired by my colleague, 16 months she is still pumping for bb to drink. :eek:

do you know of any prenatal lactation classes? Mt A only offers these classes (group lactation class) within 2 weeks of birth of bb.

Taboo

I didnt attend lactation classes, I learn as it goes. New mummies and BBs needs lots of practice for BF. The early stage for BF may be tough, mummies has to hang on and dun give despite all the sore nipples and low supply. As supply needs to build up. Feed in demand.:)

Reagan

$20 for whole stay. sound ok. so they will bring to u and sterilize for you every after each use?

tat's quite a lot of knowledge for 1st time mummie :)

I nvr go for any lactation class as well. normally the nurse or the LC will guide u (tat was for my stay at tmc for #1)

LH779

when I went to the BB expo last sat there's one offered by Mumsfairy. the lady who recommend the class was pretty good, she sort of explain why some mummy finds it difficult to BF or have no milk supply etc... and also I felt that this should be attended before birth. after birth I think will have a lot of things to deal with.

jadeite

hehe the knowledge about Mt A and Thomson Medical Center is cuz just went for tour yesterday... so vomit back all the information for you all.. haha! yup they bring to you whenever you want. it's the Medela electric pump, I dont't know if it's swing maxi or freestyle or PISA... but it's electric and got single and double.

the lady said most likely you will prefer to feed bb direct most of the time, so usually people dont't really use the pumps unless they want to express for night feeds.

LH thanks for contact.. is it this one? http://www.mumsfairy.com/product_info.php?products_id=181

LH779

yes, that's the one jade. i'm quite keen, but the location is at bt batok like very far...

wow seems like lots of pretty baby girls :)

wongsukb

yelloow0075... so cold heart... try to open your eyes and heart to find out the true before you are not sure the thing!!!! how do you teach your kids??!!

"yelloow0075... so cold heart... try to open your eyes and heart to find out the true before you are not sure the thing!!!! how do you teach your kids??!! I just want to recommend my CL! Have you seen her before? How do you know (sounds like an ad she put up )...!!?? Hope you are single..."

seriously? its an open forum, im just stating that its looks like an ad to me. why are you so offended? unless its true?

and you hoping that im single. aren't you cold hearted as well?

wongsukb

6 posts between 24 to 25 october 2013, on various threads, all posting the same message.... hmmmmm ?
that because my first time to post my command!!! I am not too sure how to do, have to relist and relist...!!! at least I tell the true!! pls ignore me

wongsukb

that is my first time to use this website, also to post my comment.. so relist and relist! I just want to recommend my CL, at least I tell the true! please don't bother me and try to respect people!!